The F1 Thread

Hongbit

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Has to be frustrating that one of Mercs customer teams looks faster.

Russell says Red Bull ‘should win every race’ and he’s willing to ‘sacrifice’ season

The engine is fine.  It’s the design and concept that is flawed.   They’ve been recent champions and know what it takes.  It’s not like one of these teams that hasn’t won it in like 15 years.   Mercedes will get fixed…eventually.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Devastating results for Max, qualifying 15th. Now he might not lead the race until lap 20 or so.

It’s crazy but he’s still 2nd favorite at +140.  

He’s the best driver in the best car but cmon there’s just not enough places to pass on that circuit for him to win.  

6 hours ago, Hongbit said:

It’s crazy but he’s still 2nd favorite at +140.  

He’s the best driver in the best car but cmon there’s just not enough places to pass on that circuit for him to win.  

I agree.  But I wouldn't bet against him.  

I think 2nd is a legit possibility.  He will struggle to catch Perez IMO.  A lot will depend on how long Lance can tie him up and keep him off of Alonso.  

On 3/19/2023 at 7:02 PM, Deleterious said:

I spoke too soon. They reversed the ten second penalty and Alonso is back in third. At least for now.

I thought we were told at the end of the 2021 Jeddah race that the FIA could not go back and change race results even if an error was made by the marshals.   All part of the off track drama that makes F1.

On another note, it’s ironic that the financial rules that were put in place to hopefully make the sport more competitive are actually doing the opposite.   Red Bull has created a car that’s so much better.  Even if teams had potential solutions to make radical changes to try and compete later in the season, they don’t have the money in the financial cap to make it happen.