The F1 Thread

Hongbit

Wow.  That was unexpected.   

Looking closer it seems like Max still has the lead going into the corner.  He does veer left a tiny bit and I don’t know if it was enough to warrant anything.  Seems Lando got a bit aggressive going for it. He should’ve picked his spot better and waited for another chance.  There’s no rational explanation for Max’s behavior after.  Can’t block like that with a puncture and a damaged car.  Not good.  

Loved seeing Lewis get back in the winners circle but more importantly we had a great race at the top.    

I’m not sure there’s a real battle for the top of the constructors as RB has such a big lead but Sergio has really been horrendous for a while.  I wonder if they regret re-signing him so early.  Carlos would make a better teammate for Max next year.  The McLaren/Ferrari battle should be great the rest of the way too.  

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Lando acted like a child and cost himself a shot at first place.  If he gives that spot back with 10-12 laps to go he could have made a run at Piastri.  

between that and Max flight it was a fun race and my guy Lewis got on podium

6 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Lando acted like a child and cost himself a shot at first place.  If he gives that spot back with 10-12 laps to go he could have made a run at Piastri.  

I think he realizes that in hindsight.  He cost himself a shot by waiting.

I’m still not exactly sure why team orders weren’t for Lando.  It was a nice guy move to reward Oscar but it’s a better team move fto have those 7 extra points next to Lando’s name.  I’m sure Max has it locked up but you never know.  Lando has the fastest car in F1 right now.  

35 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I think he realizes that in hindsight.  He cost himself a shot by waiting.

I’m still not exactly sure why team orders weren’t for Lando.  It was a nice guy move to reward Oscar but it’s a better team move fto have those 7 extra points next to Lando’s name.  I’m sure Max has it locked up but you never know.  Lando has the fastest car in F1 right now.  

yeah I was wondering why they ordered him to let Oscar pass.... maybe they wanted to get him his first win?

Can’t say that I had that on my F1 bingo card.     He’s probably a really good guy to get it off the ground.  May not be a bad move as long as they replace him right around the time they are trying to win actual races.  

Fun race to watch.  

Once again, despite all of their data and resources,  the Sky Sports team was fooled on the real story of the race.  

They kept on about Oscar vs. Lewis and Merc team orders for a good 15 minutes after it was obvious that Oscar didn’t have enough laps to catch them.   The story was an epic battle of George masterfully saving tires and doing great work to hold off Lewis on a newer set which Crofty finally got around to taking about on the last lap.  

40 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Fun race to watch.  

Once again, despite all of their data and resources,  the Sky Sports team was fooled on the real story of the race.  

They kept on about Oscar vs. Lewis and Merc team orders for a good 15 minutes after it was obvious that Oscar didn’t have enough laps to catch them.   The story was an epic battle of George masterfully saving tires and doing great work to hold off Lewis on a newer set which Crofty finally got around to taking about on the last lap.  

Sky Sports is the worst my daughter has F1 TV and we usually listen to their broadcast and video feed is the same. Also you dont get Martin Brundle akwardly trying to interview celebs on pit row

Edited by Toddwert

Team wants to make a change and the league says it’s not good for storyline and ticket sales.  This has always been part of F1. Motorsport with a small piece of Professional Wrestling mixed in.

• 4 weeks later...

Haas had their assets seized today at Zandvoort. I guess they owe money to former sponsor, Uralkali.

It's possible they only have nine teams next week in Italy. Even if Haas pays, it isn't easy paying a Russian company right now due to all of the sanctions. It could take a bit.