Visual Amusement. (Keep it clean!)

RedRamage

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not visual, but yesterday was my wife's first day back in the classroom.  It's just that time of year.  I heard "School's Out for Summer" on the radio at one point yesterday.

Yes, of course I texted her to let her know what was on the radio.  What kind of wonderful husband wouldn't do that in the moment?

3 hours ago, casimir said:

Not visual, but yesterday was my wife's first day back in the classroom.  It's just that time of year.  I heard "School's Out for Summer" on the radio at one point yesterday.

Yes, of course I texted her to let her know what was on the radio.  What kind of wonderful husband wouldn't do that in the moment?

Do any school districts in Michigan have school start after Labor Day? I remember as a kid that being pretty common.

6 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Do any school districts in Michigan have school start after Labor Day? I remember as a kid that being pretty common.

I thought I heard that the law up there was no school before Labor Day.

But I’m also an idiot, so take that for what it’s worth.

A couple of districts started this week. My niece, who is teaching kindergarten and then following them to first grade has been at work for a couple of week now.

Up until a few years ago Virginia had a law forbidding school to start before Labor Day. It was known as the Kings Dominion/Busch Garden Law

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

A couple of districts started this week. My niece, who is teaching kindergarten and then following them to first grade has been at work for a couple of week now.

Up until a few years ago Virginia had a law forbidding school to start before Labor Day. It was known as the Kings Dominion/Busch Garden Law

IIRC we had a short lived law to that effect in MI that had been pushed through by the tourism lobby. I don't even remember if it ever took effect or was repealed before the 1st time it would have been applied.