POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

15 hours ago, romad1 said:

I used to listen to this "the South will rise again" talk while I was in the Air Force and I would always say.  "Yes, that is why all the strategic air command bases are in the North" (which isn't technically true but the ICBMs are). 

Pretty sad that I'm pleasantly surprised to learn this today.

5 hours ago, ewsieg said:

Pretty sad that I'm pleasantly surprised to learn this today.

Just to be 100% accurate those would be the land based leg of the triad.   The SLBM are based in Georgia on the east coast and Washington on the west coast.

Btw, when the F are the federales just going to cuff Bannon and take him to serve his jail time?

And if they can kick him in the keester a few times too, I’d appreciate it.

And rip off at least one of the three extra shirts he’s wearing.

(I’ll add to this list)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, casimir said:

Harrison Buttker.  Just shut up and kick.

Has anyone remined Mr Devout Faith that he works on Sundays, the Lord's day of rest, spitting in the eyes of his savior by choosing money over the rules laid out in the good book?

ask anybody who worked in the restaurant industry how Sunday afternoons absolutely sucked b/c of the church crowd coming in... and how mean and awful the people were. 

I remember when they would talk about jobs involving sin and sinning.  I'd ask "Can you be bartender even if you don't drink?"   They'd say "No, because your job involves other people sinning".  I always thought about that and the fact they would say working on Sunday was wrong if you had to miss church but if was often the busiest day of the week because of all those church people making others sin.

6 minutes ago, casimir said:

I remember working holidays in a previous job.

Customer:  "Oh, that's too bad you have to work today."

My thoughts:  Stay the **** out of here.

and slightly related... a long time small business closes after the owners get old... 

"Oh, that's a shame. I loved that place.  So sad"

"When was the last time you went there to shop?"

"I don't know... 1996?"

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, oblong said:

and slightly related... a long time small business closes after the owners get old... 

"I don't know... 1996?"

Time flies when you get old!

22 minutes ago, oblong said:

"I don't know... 1996?"

This is similar to when I what I read on automative sites everyone is like don't buy new buy used. Then the automaker will discontinue a car they really liked due to poor sales and is like why did they get rid of that car I really like? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

This is similar to when I what I read on automative sites everyone is like don't buy new buy used. Then the automaker will discontinue a car they really liked due to poor sales and is like why did they get rid of that car I really like? 

This is more related to the fact that auto loans are front loaded with interest. The first two years you pay double the interest rate as the back end of loan.They assume most dumb american will trade it in around year 4-5. Also once you drive a new vehicle off the lot the kelly blue book value drops 10% combine that with the intrest you pay 20-30% more than the value of the new car. You buy that same car with 15K miles fresh of a lease you will pay 20-30% less along with cheaper sales tax. Plus you lose no value in the factory warranty.

Edited by Tigeraholic1

3 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

This is more related to the fact that auto loans are front loaded with interest. The first two years you pay double the interest rate as the back end of loan.They assume most dumb american will trade it in around year 4-5. Also once you drive a new vehicle off the lot the kelly blue book value drops 10% combine that with the intrest you pay 20-30% more than the value of the new car. You buy that same car with 15K miles fresh of a lease you will pay 20-30% less along with cheaper sales tax. Plus you lose no value in the factory warranty.

Oh, for the days of 0.9% interest. That’s what I got on my 2021. Almost like free money.

• Like 1

I just bought out two leased vehicles and my rate is about 6.  Not worried as I will pay them off early.  Drive them into the ground and hopefully buy another in cash as a retirement gift in 11 years and be done with it. 

On 5/16/2024 at 1:33 PM, oblong said:

"I don't know... 1996?"

I'm guilty of that.  There's a small family grocery/butcher in the old 'hod that we get kielbasa from for Christmas and Easter.  Its completely out of our way, but it wouldn't hurt to go some other time of the year once in a while.

On 5/16/2024 at 10:49 AM, casimir said:

Harrison Buttker.  Just shut up and kick.

Ahh yes, if you agree with a celebrity, they are awesome, if you don't, they should shut the **** up.

On 5/16/2024 at 6:06 PM, oblong said:

I just bought out two leased vehicles and my rate is about 6.  Not worried as I will pay them off early.  Drive them into the ground and hopefully buy another in cash as a retirement gift in 11 years and be done with it. 

I've put too much money into my 2009 Traverse (put about 4-5 thousand miles a year on it over the past 5 years) and my wife's 2015 Equinox in the last year, but my tires on both cars are great still, so I feel like I have to try and get a little more out of them both, lol.  

My son's girlfriend was bitching about the car her dad gave her and how it makes some noises.  Wanted to tell her i'd trade it even up for my car but held my tongue.  

9 hours ago, ewsieg said:

Ahh yes, if you agree with a celebrity, they are awesome, if you don't, they should shut the **** up.

That was started by Republican (Fox) assholes who told any athlete who made a political comment to shut up and just play.

Stop being a hypocrite.

10 hours ago, ewsieg said:

Ah, yes, tell the females in your life their only job is to procreate and cook.  Let me know how that works for you.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

That was started by Republican (Fox) assholes who told any athlete who made a political comment to shut up and just play.

Stop being a hypocrite.

Ahh yes, I forgot how Sean Hannity got so big over his FoxNews coverage of the 68 Olympics.

Both sides have done it for as long as their have been at least two sides. Stop pretending it only happens when it offends you.