POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

19 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Oooof...

image.thumb.png.50f0e08f06624c61b8059a72d7595efc.png

I'm sorry, are you actually and without irony offering up the idea that because I am not "Israel right or wrong", that's evidence that I'm a supporter of Hamas?

image.gif.4368c2285bd496adf51671924cc13f75.gif

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

If the measure of what is condoned is everything someone doesn't take the time to condemn, then you have given power to anyone you oppose to control your agenda. Harris and Biden happen to have other things they think are more important to spend their time right now on than wasting it talking about political performance artists. You can argue they should make it higher priority, and that's a certainly a fair argument,but  to get from there to 'condone' is just fitting a political opponent to the cloths of a straw man that's easier to oppose. 

Come on G, Harris was at the convention of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority yesterday. That was more pressing? 

Just now, Tigeraholic1 said:

Come on G, Harris was at the convention of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority yesterday. That was more pressing? 

And why did the Republican VP candidate skip? Was he due for his annual beard trim?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

I'm sorry, are you actually and without irony offering up the idea that because I am not "Israel right or wrong", that's evidence that I'm a supporter of Hamas?

image.gif.4368c2285bd496adf51671924cc13f75.gif

You words not mine. Every time you ask for receipts I gladly provide. 

3 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

And why did the Republican VP candidate skip? Was he due for his annual beard trim?

Why did Harris boycott the Netanyahu visit and speech yesterday? Meeting with sorority sisters was more important? Nope the left stood in solidarity with Hamas. 60 democrats from the house boycotted him. Including Bernie Mac er Sanders.

JD did beat our fearless leaders in issuing a statement of condemnation Not that it’s a secret how the right feels about Hamas. 

14 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Why did Harris boycott the Netanyahu visit and speech yesterday? Meeting with sorority sisters was more important? Nope the left stood in solidarity with Hamas. 60 democrats from the house boycotted him. Including Bernie Mac er Sanders.

JD did beat our fearless leaders in issuing a statement of condemnation Not that it’s a secret how the right feels about Hamas. 

She and the President met with the Israeli leader today. That meeting was probably a lot more productive than sitting thru his campaign speech to Trumplicans.

Once again why didn't JD attend the speechifying.

I think there can be enough nuance to this conversation to think that Hamas is an awful terrorist organization, while still being sympathetic to the plight of Palestinian citizens. I’m certain that’s how Chas feels as well. 

Edited by Tigerbomb13
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Why did Harris boycott the Netanyahu visit and speech yesterday?

LOL please proceed.... you have no grasp of the basic facts of what has happen. 

33 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

She and the President met with the Israeli leader today. That meeting was probably a lot more productive than sitting thru his campaign speech to Trumplicans.

Once again why didn't JD attend the speechifying.

Bibi had a campaign speech for Trump? Looked to me we were showing our Ally that we stand with their enemy. 

4 minutes ago, pfife said:

LOL please proceed.... you have no grasp of the basic facts of what has happen. 

Is it common to skip a world’s leader address to Congress when you are the VP? I am not trying to be a jerk I really would like to know.

14 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Is it common to skip a world’s leader address to Congress when you are the VP? I am not trying to be a jerk I really would like to know.

I think in a case were the VP and Pres know that the world leader in question is very likely to espouse positions which they do not want to be forced to make highly public reactions to (like would happen sitting in that chair) then discretion is probably the better part of Valor. The admin is trying to thread a needle between the long term relation and bond to Israel and the obvious fact that they believe Netanyahu to be a counter productive actor, and since Netanyahu also knows that quite clearly, the admin is not going to give Bibi any opportunities to try and put them in a box or help get Trump elected, liking making statement in a speech that the presumptive party nominee has to make filmed reactions to. So when Bibi addresses the US Congress there is nothing 'normal' about the situation. He has made himself a politcal player in the US so no surprise gets treated as partisan.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I think in a case were the VP and Pres know that the world leader in question is very likely to espouse positions which they do not want to be forced to make highly public reactions to (like would happen sitting in that chair) then discretion is probably the better part of Valor. The admin is trying to thread a needle between the long term relation and bond to Israel and the obvious fact that they believe Netanyahu to be a counter productive actor, and since Netanyahu also knows that quite clearly, the admin is not going to give Bibi any opportunities to try and put them in a box or help get Trump elected, liking making statement in a speech that the presumptive party nominee has to make filmed reactions to. So when Bibi addresses the US Congress there is nothing 'normal' about the situation. He has made himself a politcal player in the US so no surprise gets treated as partisan.

Do you think Iran views it as a power move and will deter their funding of Hamas and the Houthi? I mean as the world saw we allowed this to happened at the same time. Biden/Harris playing 4D chess? 

IMG_3340.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Do you think Iran views it as a power move and will deter their funding of Hamas and the Houthi? I mean as the world saw we allowed this to happened at the same time. Biden/Harris playing 4D chess? 

IMG_3340.jpeg

my own guess is that in general, the reason you aren't seeing the bigger reaction you would like is that TPTB think the best thing to do is not give these people any media oxygen, since that is what they most thrive on.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

my own guess is that in general, the reason you aren't seeing the bigger reaction you would like is that TPTB think the best thing to do is not give these people any media oxygen, since that is what they most thrive on.

You are probably correct in that guess. 

14 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

You words not mine. Every time you ask for receipts I gladly provide. 

It’s very clear that I framed the whole exchange with MB using a very common if-then rhetorical device: “if you’re saying that anyone who does not believe in Israel-right-or-wrong is a Hamashole, then I guess I’ll have to cop to that.” It’s very clear that was not intended as a serious admission on my part.

But maybe that’s too nuanced for you. Maybe you really are being serious when you say you believe that I claimed to be a supporter of Hamas and against Israel. Maybe you really do believe you are not trolling. So, OK.

Will you confirm here that you believe that anyone, including posters here, who is not fully committed to the idea of Israel right or wrong must be a full supporter of Hamas?

46 minutes ago, chasfh said:

It’s very clear that I framed the whole exchange with MB using a very common if-then rhetorical device: “if you’re saying that anyone who does not believe in Israel-right-or-wrong is a Hamashole, then I guess I’ll have to cop to that.” It’s very clear that was not intended as a serious admission on my part.

But maybe that’s too nuanced for you. Maybe you really are being serious when you say you believe that I claimed to be a supporter of Hamas and against Israel. Maybe you really do believe you are not trolling. So, OK.

Will you confirm here that you believe that anyone, including posters here, who is not fully committed to the idea of Israel right or wrong must be a full supporter of Hamas?

Me finding all those receipts you request.

Show The Receipts GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

YARN | Well, looks like we have some actual receipts here. | Parks and  Recreation (2009) - S04E02 Ron & Tammys | Video gifs by quotes | b5408d4d |  紗