POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

16 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Supply and demand. There will be a platform to replace twitter soon. If he starts charging everyone that will accelerate the process.

I wold think that everyone would move to Threads, which needs something like Musk doing something stupid like this to accelerate their growth.

On 9/19/2023 at 12:02 PM, chasfh said:

lol seriously mother**** this guy

4. 🐦 Musk says X will charge everyone

1695095633735.jpg

Elon Musk, holding one of his sons, talks with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan in New York on Sunday. Photo: Turkish Presidency/AP

Elon Musk said he's moving to require all users to pay a monthly fee to use his social media site X, formerly Twitter, Axios' Sara Fischer reports.

• Why it matters: The comments, which Musk made during a live-streamed event on X with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, come as the company struggles to regain trust with advertisers.

Netanyahu brought up the large armies of bots that amplify hate speech.

• Musk replied: "The single most important reason we're moving to having a small monthly payment for use of the X system is it's the only way I can think of to combat vast armies of bots."

Musk said adding a subscription would make it much more difficult for bots to create accounts, because each bot would need to register a new credit card.

• He added that the company plans to come out with "a lower tier pricing" than it currently charges X Premium subscribers — around $8 monthly.

🥊 Reality check: Musk has often teased new products or innovations, only to change course.

LOL, good luck with that.  It's not worth paying for unless you are trying to build your brand.  I know I'm never paying for it.  I can live with getting my baseball news a few hours after everyone else.    

Bob & his stupid ass wife should go to jail. and I don’t want to hear any bull**** like “well let’s see what happens during the trial“. He should resign today, and he and his idiot wife should shut their mouth, go to trial, and then go straight off to the orange jumpsuits. I’m sick of this ****.

• Like 2