POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

8 hours ago, mtutiger said:

This is 1967 he’s talking about. This is a reminder that Jim Crow segregation didn’t end suddenly with Brown v Board, or the signing of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, and that everything was kumbaya ever after.

Edited by chasfh

11 minutes ago, chasfh said:

This is 1967 he’s talking about. This is a reminder that Jim Crow segregation didn’t end suddenly with Brown v Board, or the signing of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, and that everything was kumbaya ever after.

Yup. In 1967 White Flight was just getting into high gear in Detroit. Plus that little altercation in July.

Edited by gehringer_2

Listening to a woman named Ashley Hayek on Washington Journal talking bout some America First stuff they want to impose on the rest of us and I just wanted to see what she looked like, and damned if this isn’t yet another decent-looking woman who got work done to adopt the Trumpy punched-in-the-mouth look.

Before:

image.png.997fe17b7a23759029c3d66f26504f47.png

After:

image.thumb.png.108edf1a0d2f5cbd6d092ab2f4cddced.png

I will never get that look. It must be a sexual submissiveness signal of some sort.

It's an addiction.  

When I got my tattoo I heard that it can be addicting and I can understand why.  The sensastion of the needle does something. I would definitely get another one but I can't decide what or where but I get why some people cover their bodies. 

I think its the same with plastic surgery.  This is just the latest trend in that field.  I don't know that it's about Trump per se... but just what people in teh same circle do.   My wife is in the medical field and several nurses now have their side hustle as botox injections and it is the new MLM (Multi Level Marketing).  It's a little different in that you don't drag your friends into it but it, of course, requires multiple injections.  And in every example the after pictures look worse.  Every one.  But they somehow convince women that forehead wrinkles are bad.  And it's not just women.  There's "Bro-Tox".

Following up on this, has the RWM started weighing in on how Reggie Jackson is a woke commie anti-American yet? Because I have a feeling they’re gonna in the next few days. Because remember: when Reggie was playing, he wasn’t considered anything like Willie Mays. He was a lippy, uppity, mau mau negro, and the media gladly reminded us of that every day.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Following up on this, has the RWM started weighing in on how Reggie Jackson is a woke commie anti-American yet? Because I have a feeling they’re gonna in the next few days. Because remember: when Reggie was playing, he wasn’t considered anything like Willie Mays. He was a lippy, uppity, mau mau negro, and the media gladly reminded us of that every day.

I don’t know if this counts as media, but it’s out there in MAGA-land 

27 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

I don’t know if this counts as media, but it’s out there in MAGA-land 

I mean its a racist's twitter feed.  So, expect that sort of MAGA nonsense. 

2 hours ago, romad1 said:

I mean its a racist's twitter feed.  So, expect that sort of MAGA nonsense. 

Way beyond MAGA. This guy doesn’t use a dog whistles. He stands next to you and shouts the words right into your ear.

24 minutes ago, pfife said:

she was absurd

she said Trump tries to reach across the aisle lol

Reverse projection, or whatever they call when you claim something positive the other guy does that you didn’t do, such as taking credit to lowering insulin prices.

I have been told that the grass seed I planted (which has brought my lawn back from the dead and made my lawn one of the top 5 on the street)  is not MONSANTO grass seed and I will have to pull that grass out. I am subject to a $3000 fine if I don't comply within 30 days. Then in order to replant, I will have to use their grass seed, and only the blend they approve, which is $200 a bag.

(this actually didn't happen to me, but **** like this happens to American farmers and both parties are fine with it). 

47 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

And he returns to Australia...

Don't like it.  I understand from people who worked the prosecution that these are some of the worst, most obnoxious people to each other.  None of the people involved in this organization (anarchists and nihalistst go figure) appear to be well-adjusted non-predatory people. 

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

Don't like it.  I understand from people who worked the prosecution that these are some of the worst, most obnoxious people to each other.  None of the people involved in this organization (anarchists and nihalistst go figure) appear to be well-adjusted non-predatory people. 

Call it time served I guess.

In a world where Judge Cannon won't allow Jack Smith to proceed, I suppose they did get a punishment of sorts for the comparable espionage crimes of Assange. 

7 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Call it time served I guess.

On 6/24/2024 at 9:10 AM, Motor City Sonics said:

I have been told that the grass seed I planted (which has brought my lawn back from the dead and made my lawn one of the top 5 on the street)  is not MONSANTO grass seed and I will have to pull that grass out. I am subject to a $3000 fine if I don't comply within 30 days. Then in order to replant, I will have to use their grass seed, and only the blend they approve, which is $200 a bag.

(this actually didn't happen to me, but **** like this happens to American farmers and both parties are fine with it). 

There are folks in both parties that aren't fine with it as well and I don't want to defend Monsanto, but the analogy leaves out quite a bit.

This is like me deciding I really want an Audi TT, but it costs a lot of money so while Audi specifically tells me I need to use premium gas in it instead of regular, otherwise i'll void my warranty, I used regular anyway as I want it cheaper (that is my right, is it not?!?!?!).  Now my engine is damaged and Audi wont' fix it!  Audi is obviously an evil company and both parties are fine with it.

13 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

And he returns to Australia...

And Trump has been teeing up in his rallies that he is going to pardon Assange, and at that point it’s basically 50/50 that he gets a job in the administration.

On that front I get flyers now from Justin Amash.  While his anti trump stance was admirable... nobody cares about the patriot act anymore.  That's his selling point, some ancient 22 year old legislation. 

It was just boilerplate "Individual Liberty", "LImited Government", "Free Markets".

What, is this 1995?

5 hours ago, oblong said:

On that front I get flyers now from Justin Amash.  While his anti trump stance was admirable... nobody cares about the patriot act anymore.  That's his selling point, some ancient 22 year old legislation. 

It was just boilerplate "Individual Liberty", "LImited Government", "Free Markets".

What, is this 1995?

😉

Edited by chasfh
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

CSPAN always has these people call up with crazy ideas about what should happen, and this was no exception but it did start making me think about some weird civics questions.    This dude said they should put Obama as VP on the ticket.   He said Obama can't run for the top job but can run for VP.

Is that true?  IDK.

If it isn't true, does that mean Obama or any former president really can't accept any job that is in the line of presidential succession?   Couldn't be speaker of the house, couldn't be president of the senate, etc etc etc 

1 hour ago, pfife said:

CSPAN always has these people call up with crazy ideas about what should happen, and this was no exception but it did start making me think about some weird civics questions.    This dude said they should put Obama as VP on the ticket.   He said Obama can't run for the top job but can run for VP.

Is that true?  IDK.

If it isn't true, does that mean Obama or any former president really can't accept any job that is in the line of presidential succession?   Couldn't be speaker of the house, couldn't be president of the senate, etc etc etc 

I believe the wording is such that you have to be eligible for POTUS to be VPOTUS.  35, natural citizen, etc.  Bill Clinton was reportedly trying to find a way to get on a ticket and since he’s a constitutional scholar decided he’d not win a challenge   

Such a stipulation doesn’t exist for speaker or other positions in the line of succession. You could be speaker of the house at age 25 since that’s the requirement to be a member of the house.