POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

11 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

We saw how Trump handled the COVID crisis first hand, we also know he's going to hand Ukraine over to Putin (as well as whatever else Vlad wants). Trump failed the leadership test 2017-2021. We also know the second time around he's likely to appoint more sycophants to do his bidding (televised executions anyone?)

I'll take a half in the bag Biden over Trump who has never ever played with a full deck upstairs.

I would too but most Americans think "My cereal costs more, we have to get rid of Biden".    We're a stupid country,  getting dumber every single day.   According to the plan of our overseers.   Get us freaked out about stupid **** so they can keep hammering us when we aren't looking.  

Here ya go, idiot. (It’s quite literally, the first ****ing amendment)

One page from my handy-dandy little “The Constitution” book, which in 99 succinct and precise pages of writing include:

- The Declaration of Independence

- The Articles of Confederation 

- The Bill of Rights

- Amendments

IMG_4166.jpeg

IMG_4168.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CMRivdogs said:

I'm old enough to remember when flag waving Republicans all carried their little copy of the Constitution. Now they fly their flags upside down. 

when the guy gets his broken quote from white supremacist literature you know that his research team is uncritically reading white supremacist literature. 

2 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I'm old enough to remember when flag waving Republicans all carried their little copy of the Constitution. Now they fly their flags upside down. 

I figured I’d have a little copy of my own to keep, because who knows how soon before they throw the whole thing right out the window. And deny that this document ever even existed in this form.

1 minute ago, smr-nj said:

I figured I’d have a little copy of my own to keep, because who knows how soon before they throw the whole thing right out the window. And deny that this document ever even existed in this form.

People will be employed to constantly revise it to the Dear Leader's whims like the Newspeak dictionary. 

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

when the guy gets his broken quote from white supremacist literature you know that his research team is uncritically reading white supremacist literature. 

Josh Hawley knows what side his bread is buttered on in Missouri.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, smr-nj said:

Here ya go, idiot. (It’s quite literally, the first ****ing amendment)

One page from my handy-dandy little “The Constitution” book, which in 99 succinct and precise pages of writing include:

- The Declaration of Independence

- The Articles of Confederation 

- The Bill of Rights

- Amendments

IMG_4166.jpeg

IMG_4168.jpeg

The unfortunate thing about how that amendment is worded is that the cristofascists can fairly argue that the intention of it is very narrow and prevents only the creation of an official national religion—meaning Congress can't create The Church of the United States—but that it does not prevent the government from explicitly implementing Christian biblical law in practice in any other way, including in non-law form (e.g., a regulation is not a law).

Personally, I had always thought it was interpreted as meaning Congress cannot make any law that privileges religion over secularism, but I do think the Almighty Supreme Court is going to turn that one on its head in a very explicit manner sooner or later.

Those who pushed for the Bill of Rights, including freedom of religion lived their lives prior to 1776 or rather 1783 under the thumb of the Anglican Church for the most part.

Baptists, Roman Catholics, Jews, etc still had to pay “tithes” to the church. They were persecuted for not paying homage to the church where the King of England was the head guy

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

Those who pushed for the Bill of Rights, including freedom of religion lived their lives prior to 1776 or rather 1783 under the thumb of the Anglican Church for the most part.

Baptists, Roman Catholics, Jews, etc still had to pay “tithes” to the church. They were persecuted for not paying homage to the church where the King of England was the head guy

Also, they knew the not so distant history of the Catholic/Protestant Civil Wars that had devastated England across every social class. Few Englishman in the New World had any desire to copy the old in that regard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Also, they knew the not so distant history of the Catholic/Protestant Civil Wars that had devastated England across every social class. Few Englishman in the New World had any desire to copy the old in that regard.

Mary Queen of Scots burning Protestant leaders alive left a burning impression...?

Edited by 1984Echoes

2 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Not sure this is an area many baseball fans want to dig into.  You won’t like it when you find out how many MLB players feel the exact same way.   Probably  a majority of the Tigers roster.  

37 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Not sure this is an area many baseball fans want to dig into.  You won’t like it when you find out how many MLB players feel the exact same way.   Probably  a majority of the Tigers roster.  

A majority of Baseball fans may be Northern or Californian, but a lot of baseball players have always been Southern, and there is your divide.