POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

7 hours ago, smr-nj said:

Stupid white men. That’s what that video just showed me. lol

It's ALL about money. Many of these guys pay more in taxes in a year than most people make per year. Greed over country...and don't forget, these jocks are mostly not the most highly educated people...

5 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Not sure this is an area many baseball fans want to dig into.  You won’t like it when you find out how many MLB players feel the exact same way.   Probably  a majority of the Tigers roster.  

The optics aren't what democrat people may like but in the grand scheme of things.....there are about 1200 total players on teams 40 man rosters. Even if all 1200 votes GOP, it wouldn't make much difference. It's a bigger deal if they influence who the fans vote for. I remember when Tom Brady went MAGA, I stopped caring about him.

8 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

A majority of Baseball fans may be Northern or Californian, but a lot of baseball players have always been Southern, and there is your divide.

Plus a lot of them come from small towns or exurbs, so even if they come from northern states, if they're from small towns, good chance they're Trumpy.

Honestly, I don't want to know about which baseball players like whom or what. I really don't want to contemplate anything more about them than what relates to what they do on the field. I acknowledge ballplayers are people with thoughts and feelings and personal stories and whatnot, but I simply don't care about any of that. It's why I don't read Jason Beck's up close and personal stories designed to charm hearts and minds, things like how such and such a player overcame personal struggles—a super popular topic, and a story all of them seem to have—to make the major leagues. I mean, that's great, good for them, but I just don't find it interesting at all, because I will never know any of them as people on a one-to-one basis. I will always know them only as ballplayers from a distance. Sorry if that makes me a bad guy.

10 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Not sure this is an area many baseball fans want to dig into.  

If we’re referring to politics here,  Manfred already paved the way by moving the AS Game out of Atlanta. That was an ‘in your face’ political move.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Plus a lot of them come from small towns or exurbs, so even if they come from northern states, if they're from small towns, good chance they're Trumpy.

Honestly, I don't want to know about which baseball players like whom or what. I really don't want to contemplate anything more about them than what relates to what they do on the field. I acknowledge ballplayers are people with thoughts and feelings and personal stories and whatnot, but I simply don't care about any of that. It's why I don't read Jason Beck's up close and personal stories designed to charm hearts and minds, things like how such and such a player overcame personal struggles—a super popular topic, and a story all of them seem to have—to make the major leagues. I mean, that's great, good for them, but I just don't find it interesting at all, because I will never know any of them as people on a one-to-one basis. I will always know them only as ballplayers from a distance. Sorry if that makes me a bad guy.

Shut up and dribble.

On 7/22/2024 at 9:21 AM, chasfh said:

I don't mind hearing the stories.  I loved Glory of Their Times and Joe Posnanski had great personal stories in his top 100 book.  It doesn't change my feelings about them as players though.  

3 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I don't mind hearing the stories.  I loved Glory of Their Times and Joe Posnanski had great personal stories in his top 100 book.  It doesn't change my feelings about them as players though.  

I guess I would differentiate the kinds of stories you hear about old time players and Hall of Famers in bygone eras, versus hearing about the struggle of a player who may never make the majors, or being solicited for a player’s pet charity, or having to watch some player’s turn on the red carpet. It’s the difference between reading an interesting story taking place in an interesting time, versus the feeling that I am being marketed to.

I don’t like graffiti-it sucks. But saying a public place that got tagged has been “DESTROYED”? That’s just trolling for outrage. The park service will clean it up soon enough and the people pissed off at Bibi will go home. 

4 minutes ago, Dan Gilmore said:

I don’t like graffiti-it sucks. But saying a public place that got tagged has been “DESTROYED”? That’s just trolling for outrage. The park service will clean it up soon enough and the people pissed off at Bibi will go home. 

That is tolerant of you! When the proud boys and neo natzis show up and hang a natzi flag I will just shrug my shoulders and call 1800parkservice. 

3 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

That is tolerant of you! When the proud boys and neo natzis show up and hang a natzi flag I will just shrug my shoulders and call 1800parkservice. 

What will be interesting is whether there are surveillance cameras and if they take the time and effort to charge some folks.

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

What will be interesting is whether there are surveillance cameras and if they take the time and effort to charge some folks.

The fact you see no outcry from the left leadership tells you everything you need to know. Democrats wonder why they can’t get the non MAGA right leaners and independents to jump across the aisle. Examples like this is all they need to see. 

1 hour ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

The fact you see no outcry from the left leadership tells you everything you need to know. Democrats wonder why they can’t get the non MAGA right leaners and independents to jump across the aisle. Examples like this is all they need to see. 

I haven't seen any outcry from anybody but you. Might be kind of a busy news day. They'll catch up.

• Like 1

seems like a waste to burn a flag.   Real men attach them to flag poles and beat cops with them to overturn an election they lost

Realer men, like Senators who you must believe or you're bullying other posters, raise their super manly fists to them. 

Edited by pfife

2 minutes ago, pfife said:

seems like a waste to burn a flag.   Real men attach them to flag poles and beat cops with them to overturn an election they lost

Realer men, like Senators who you must believe or you're bullying other posters, raise their super manly fists to them. 

Cool story bro.

J6 is a "cool story bro"  now?  J6 denialism ftw

It's hilarious that you've chosen to lecture us from a foundation of lies and delusion

... yet again

Edited by pfife

14 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Are you associating poud boys and nazis with Republicans?