POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

7 hours ago, chasfh said:

I don't know how you feel about it, but I find it beyond incredible that one of the most lucrative industries in America is also humping people for donations. This came in my email today.

image.thumb.png.e9a3652a19de649270f38daf001b2ed1.png

I get those emails too. So much money, yet here anyway there's a chain of for-profit hospitals that is going bankrupt-and we've had to struggle to keep much-needed hospitals open. Sigh...

1 hour ago, LaceyLou said:

I get those emails too. So much money, yet here anyway there's a chain of for-profit hospitals that is going bankrupt-and we've had to struggle to keep much-needed hospitals open. Sigh...

Yeah 'Hospital' is a very uneven market segment. Doctors, equipment manufacturers and the drug industry seem to be able to extract a lot of income. The hospitals themselves and all the support staff (nurses etc) not so much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Yeah 'Hospital' is a very uneven market segment. Doctors, equipment manufacturers and the drug industry seem to be able to extract a lot of income. The hospitals themselves and all the support staff (nurses etc) not so much.

I’m not sure people receiving the email necessarily make that distinction. I didn’t.

Ben Sasse, who was incorrectly described one time as a principled conservative because he said one true thing about Trump, will step down as UF prez after the student newspaper found he was hiring his DC buddies for no-show jobs.

Punishment is: $1M a year until 2028, will work at School of Gov't, teaching no classes, but will occasionally lecture the lazy poors to stop relying on the government for assistance, and pull themselves up by their own bootstraps.

3 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

Ben Sasse, who was incorrectly described one time as a principled conservative because he said one true thing about Trump, will step down as UF prez after the student newspaper found he was hiring his DC buddies for no-show jobs.

Punishment is: $1M a year until 2028, will work at School of Gov't, teaching no classes, but will occasionally lecture the lazy poors to stop relying on the government for assistance, and pull themselves up by their own bootstraps.

Republicans acting like Democrats, truly a weird world we live in now.

1 hour ago, smr-nj said:

This thread is as good a place as any, I guess, to say how much I absolutely hate Zuckerberg.  

Jeez.

I mean, if the Biden admin didn't push him and convince him to censor a certain group of people and thoughts, maybe this never happens.  Granted, that doesn't excuse Zuckerberg, but this reminds me a spouse being more upset at the person sleeping with their wife/husband than their wife/husband.

True story, but I had a similar situation occur after parking next to one of these bad boys at a golf course in Lockport, IL about five months ago.

Except it was two older ladies and, after they asked me what it was, they said it was the ugliest car they had ever seen.

Gonna guess that is more representative of the median person looking at a Cybertruck than the anecdote shared above.

Edited by mtutiger

I think the Aztec was ahead of its time. It spawned the crossover market but my theory is it was just intended as a concept but someone too high up the food chain, like a finance guy rather than a car guy, really liked it and nobody had th guts to explain the situation.   Concepts are extreme. They aren’t meant for mass production. Just to show elements.  

5 minutes ago, oblong said:

I think the Aztec was ahead of its time. It spawned the crossover market but my theory is it was just intended as a concept but someone too high up the food chain, like a finance guy rather than a car guy, really liked it and nobody had th guts to explain the situation.   Concepts are extreme. They aren’t meant for mass production. Just to show elements.  

GM tried some style experiments that didn't go well beside the Aztec. The original Silhouette took the wedge to where it was almost impossible to drive.

48 minutes ago, oblong said:

I had a Buick rendezvous which I believe is the same thing... I liked the ride for its utility but transmission went out and then the 2nd transmission went out so I said bleep this

1 hour ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

my grandpa had an odd love for AMCs. I mostly remember his Pacer, but I think he had a Gremlin before that.

LOL - My BIL was an engineer who should have known better, but he bought a Pacer - it turned out pretty badly and we rode him about it mercilessly. My dad bought a couple of AMCs also - mostly he didn't care about driving and wasn't willing to spend much on a vehicle for himself - mom got the nicer cars. But there was a terrible straight 6 Hornet (basically a Gremlin with a trunk) with manual steering that had to be about 10 turns lock-to-lock, and before that an Ambassador, which actually was pretty nice as long as you drove it like someone's grandmother.

Edited by gehringer_2

3 hours ago, oblong said:

I thought about buying an Aztec just for the fact this tent came as option and Walter White of course.

IMG_3604.png

• Like 1