POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

It's more than a little of a SMH moment when a cousin of mine posts memes on FB referring to FEMA as being run by SJWs, and that the post-Helene/Milton recovery aid is being done by people in diesel, polluting vehicles instead of hybrids.

I'd post the meme, but now I can't find it. Do people not realize where the money used for disaster relief comes from?

Years ago I watched a documentary about how once the Plague era ended, those who survived ended up becoming more prosperous. I definitely would prefer a different way to reduce the population.... 

And I would guess people are having fewer babies because it's hard for them to take care of their own financial needs, let alone those of children.

5 minutes ago, LaceyLou said:

And I would guess people are having fewer babies because it's hard for them to take care of their own financial needs, let alone those of children.

It's been like that for a while. What some folks don't factor in is that some people are not predisposed to having numerous offspring. Especially if both partners are career minded and the careers at the time were not exactly family friendly. 

I found out I  was better with a dog in my 60s and early 70s than I was with a child in my 20s. 

6 hours ago, chasfh said:

I just assume every white major leaguer is a red hat, and then I just dismiss the thought from my head altogether. That way, if I find out they're on this side, I am pleasantly surprised. Not that any of it matters at all in terms of how I enjoy baseball.

Oh, I assume almost all of them are red hats especially a white guy named Colt from Ohio.  It was just funny seeing the connection on Twitter.  

7 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Probably not a good idea to go down that political path with most of your favorite multi-millionaire young athletes.   You won’t like what you find out.  Not sure if there will be a single Harris voter on the 25 man Tiger roster.  

I would bet Justin-Henry Malloy votes for Harris.  Maybe the only one.  .