POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

55 minutes ago, buddha said:

"people post."  you can say my name, i'm a big boy.

what's wrong with cwb?

I'm responding to the ideas presented. It's not personal for me.

Let's just say I'm naturally skeptical of people who try to tell me they have the real information that the fake news isn't telling you.

24 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I'm responding to the ideas presented. It's not personal for me.

Let's just say I'm naturally skeptical of people who try to tell me they have the real information that the fake news isn't telling you.

but they're police reports.  what's fake about that information?

Here's some more information I found, just from looking at the data.

The 24-block area the neighborhood association wants to patrol did have an uptick in violent crime, it's true. In the ten full months covering February to November, the two beats covering the area, 1433 and 1434, experienced about 55% of its violent crime during this period within the most recent four months (i.e., 40%) of the period, versus the first six months of the period. Of all 274 Chicago PD beats, they ranked 7th and 4th, respectively, in percent of crimes over the ten months that took place during the last four.

In the entire City of Chicago, the percentage of violent crime concentrated in those last four months was 42.6%, which is close to the 40% you might expect just based on even distribution of incidents across the months. This means that contrary to the declarations of some, particularly the bleed-and-lead local media, crime does not appear to be on a runaway trajectory throughout the entire city of Chicago.

That makes the increase in violent crime in beats 1433 and 1434 outliers, based on the data.

In terms of total violent crimes, for the first six months of the period, these beats respectively ranked 240th and 237th of 274. The spike in the last four months brings them up to 224th and 218th.

There could be any number of explanations for the spike in these specific districts. Maybe the street gangs held an executive council meeting in which they targeted these beats for an increase in scary violent crime activity. Maybe a few bad guys decided to target the area recently all on their own. Or maybe it was simply a random spike in crime irrespective of any other consideration. Who knows.

What I do believe is hiring a team of armed guards who nobody knows and who is accountable to neither the city nor the taxpayers, and whose prospective employers have been unreachable for questions, is at best an overreaction to the reality of violent crime in the area, which is among the lowest in the city.

And I'll say this about CWB Chicago: if I were doomscrolling that website every day, I'd probably think that Chicago is a lawless criminal hellscape on the verge of social collapse and maybe even civil war between the good guys and the subhuman scum, and in that case then hell yes I'd want unvetted vigilantes armed to the teeth patrolling the streets and alleys and rounding up anyone who looks at them cross-eyed.

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I remember when my parents were this naïve about the rising crime rate in their Detroit neighborhood. 

were they very concerned about the VIGILANTE NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH patrolling the streets in the name of fascists?  no?  probably wise of them.

a school gets shot up in michigan.  horrible.  terrible.  senseless random act of violence that we are all appalled by and search for a solution to never happen again.

820 murders in chicago?  no big deal.  drive by shootings in bucktown killing one and injuring five?  no cause for alarm.  in fact, if youre bothered by that enough to try to do something about it, you're just overreacting because crime is much worse four blocks over.

11 hours ago, buddha said:

were they very concerned about the VIGILANTE NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH patrolling the streets in the name of fascists?  no?  probably wise of them.

LOL my dad was one of the vigilantes except he didn't carry a gun. Our neighborhood was a popular neighborhood for cops and city workers back when Detroit had the residency requirement so we had a cop specifically assigned to our neighborhood. Neighbors would patrol the streets and tip off the assigned cop for suspicious behavior. If this happened now, my dad would be canceled and lose his entire lively hood because he may have reported an innocent black man. 

11 hours ago, buddha said:

a school gets shot up in michigan.  horrible.  terrible.  senseless random act of violence that we are all appalled by and search for a solution to never happen again.

820 murders in chicago?  no big deal.  drive by shootings in bucktown killing one and injuring five?  no cause for alarm.  in fact, if youre bothered by that enough to try to do something about it, you're just overreacting because crime is much worse four blocks over.

This was the same line of thinking my parents used. The gangs started inching closer but they will never cross over into our neighborhood. Then Michigan ended the residency requirement and all the cops and city workers fled, except for my parents, and the neighborhood changed overnight. 

The same thing is happening in my neighborhood. Crime is increasing and it used to be south of 8 Mile but now it's more like 10 Mile. My black neighbors are dealing drugs but no way in hell I'm going to report them and get canceled. I just decided to say fuck it and am moving away. 

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

LOL my dad was one of the vigilantes except he didn't carry a gun. Our neighborhood was a popular neighborhood for cops and city workers back when Detroit had the residency requirement so we had a cop specifically assigned to our neighborhood. Neighbors would patrol the streets and tip off the assigned cop for suspicious behavior. If this happened now, my dad would be canceled and lose his entire lively hood because he may have reported an innocent black man. 

This was the same line of thinking my parents used. The gangs started inching closer but they will never cross over into our neighborhood. Then Michigan ended the residency requirement and all the cops and city workers fled, except for my parents, and the neighborhood changed overnight. 

The same thing is happening in my neighborhood. Crime is increasing and it used to be south of 8 Mile but now it's more like 10 Mile. My black neighbors are dealing drugs but no way in hell I'm going to report them and get canceled. I just decided to say fuck it and am moving away. 

we had a neighborhood watch when i lived in detroit growing up.  they were always driving around in vehicles that look like cop cars.  when someone tried to break into our house i called them and the police.  the police got there much quicker.  lol.

1 hour ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Buddha it doesn't fit the narrative. Did you not just read the crime dissertation Chas just broke down for you? Analytics say you can walk your dog without getting mugged 1 out of 7 times. These guys are just Liberal-Felons who happened to attack you today but probably not tomorrow.

its really bothersome to me.  its just seemingly accepted and then were told its no big deal that car jackings are way up or that a bunch of teenagers got together in downtown, wrecked a bunch of shit and then beat the shit out of a bus driver.  

yes, fox news uses this in racist ways to drum up viewership and scare people.  but is the fact that it happened and is happening a lot more frequently suddenly ok?  its like the anti-vax shit.  people are anti-vax to "own the libs."  its like people are pro crime to "own the cons."  crime should not be acceptable no matter what.

as far as the neighborhood that chas is saying is so safe, i used to live there and i know people that own a business there that is involved in trying to get extra security (which, btw, theyve had in boystown for years and are now getting on michigan avenue) because of recent events.  so i tried to point out something because i have first hand knowledge of it.

and again, a bunch of people were stopping traffic and parking their cars in the middle of the street every weekend night after 2 am.  in one of the busiest intersections in the area.  the police identified a number of them as wanted drug dealers.  lo and behold, a couple weeks later there is a drive by shooting outside a club that kills one person and injures 4 or 5 more.  why wouldnt businesses be concerned?  why shouldnt they want extra protection?  come on.  this is not fascism, its a response to a deadly shooting!

meh, no big deal.  only one person died.

13 minutes ago, buddha said:

its really bothersome to me.  its just seemingly accepted and then were told its no big deal that car jackings are way up or that a bunch of teenagers got together in downtown, wrecked a bunch of shit and then beat the shit out of a bus driver.  

yes, fox news uses this in racist ways to drum up viewership and scare people.  but is the fact that it happened and is happening a lot more frequently suddenly ok?  its like the anti-vax shit.  people are anti-vax to "own the libs."  its like people are pro crime to "own the cons."  crime should not be acceptable no matter what.

as far as the neighborhood that chas is saying is so safe, i used to live there and i know people that own a business there that is involved in trying to get extra security (which, btw, theyve had in boystown for years and are now getting on michigan avenue) because of recent events.  so i tried to point out something because i have first hand knowledge of it.

and again, a bunch of people were stopping traffic and parking their cars in the middle of the street every weekend night after 2 am.  in one of the busiest intersections in the area.  the police identified a number of them as wanted drug dealers.  lo and behold, a couple weeks later there is a drive by shooting outside a club that kills one person and injures 4 or 5 more.  why wouldnt businesses be concerned?  why shouldnt they want extra protection?  come on.  this is not fascism, its a response to a deadly shooting!

meh, no big deal.  only one person died.

No matter what you do to address it, it will be racism. My parents moved to Eastpointe, which I advised against, but anyways the area right along 8 Mile is having issues with cars being stolen. What's happening is people are breaking into the cars, jamming them into neutral, and using another car to push them across 8 Mile into Detroit. This neighborhood, which is mostly black, wanted the city to do something. Together with the city, they came up with the plan to block the streets to 8 Mile. Pretty simple and logical solution. Well, an activist group on the west side of Detroit caught wind of this, and rose a stink saying the city was being racist even though the majority black residents wanted this and Eastpointe caved and to this day the thefts continue. 

There is a perception that many of the killings in Chicago are "bad people" killing other "bad people" as opposed to someone shooting up a school of innocents kids.  I don't know whether thst perception is reality.  It's still a bad situation regardless, but I can see why people would make the distinction.  

On 12/18/2021 at 4:53 PM, chasfh said:

Well, if you’re not mad enough at me yet, this will certainly send you over the edge: my 5’1”, 103-lbs. 60-year-old wife takes a walk through that very neighborhood every single day alone, all by herself, and I don’t lift a finger to try to stop her! 😅

i'm not mad at you, but i would just be careful walking around bucktown/wicker park at night.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wgntv.com/news/chicagocrime/chicago-police-issue-alert-after-nearly-20-recent-armed-robberies-in-wicker-park-bucktown/amp/

9 hours ago, buddha said:

Police said two suspects are 18-20 years old, African American, 5’11”-6′, with brown eyes and black short hair. The other suspects are three African American men in their 20s and a woman.

Well, I guess if I see anyone who fits this description in my neighborhood, cops will want me to call them about it. 😏

Killah Priest taight us:

I even learnt Caucasians was really the Tribe of Edam
The white image, of Christ, is really Cesare Borgia
and uhh, the second son of Pope Alexander
The Sixth of Rome, and once the picture was shown
That's how the devils, they tricked my dome
I prophesized to save a man, but no one gave a damn
from my nation - the seed of Abraham

50 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

62xvmhd4ul681.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=7a7b1a156f01f2385f602587b8fe92f7917fdb30

With the historically inaccurate birth of Jesus Christ right around the corner, I would like to remind everyone that Jesus, Mary, and Joseph were a refugee family who had to flee their own country. That would also make Jesus an anchor baby by MAGA standards I guess.

jesus was "brown"?  how do we know what color jesus' skin was?  i hate stupid shit like this that takes the little we think we know about jesus' life and tries to politicize it.

i remember arguing with OMF back in the day about his contention that jesus would have been in favor of torturing iraqis to get information on terrorists.  ah, the good ol days.

18 hours ago, buddha said:

jesus was "brown"?  how do we know what color jesus' skin was?  i hate stupid shit like this that takes the little we think we know about jesus' life and tries to politicize it.

i remember arguing with OMF back in the day about his contention that jesus would have been in favor of torturing iraqis to get information on terrorists.  ah, the good ol days.

Considering the region Jesus was purported to live and grow up in, the modern day Middle East/Palestine, chances are higher that he looked more like an Arabic/Palestinian person than he did a sandy haired, blue eyed white guy.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Considering the region Jesus was purported to live and grow up in, the modern day Middle East/Palestine, chances are higher that he looked more like an Arabic/Palestinian person than he did a sandy haired, blue eyed white guy.

chances are he looked like a semitic jewish person considering by all reports he was, in fact, a jew.

jews from that part of the globe come in all hues.  the bottom line is that we will never know what skin color jesus was.