2022 DETROIT TIGERS REGULAR SEASON THREAD

chasfh

8 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

Too much.  Everything we own, probably.

Despite all the injuries, the bigger problem with the 2022 Tigers is the position players and their production at the plate.

If I'm making a trade at this point, its for a bat, not a pitcher 

Edited by mtutiger

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2022/05/18/best-defensive-second-baseman-baseball-numbers-say-its-tigers-jonathan-schoop/9822034002/

… Hinch said that pitcher Spencer Turnbull, recovering from Tommy John surgery, is throwing off flat ground but still is not cleared to throw off a mound. “It’s a little bit Groundhog’s Day for him,” Hinch said. “He mentioned how it’s a little boring, little the same, little monotonous. That’s why we wanted those guys (players on the injured list) to come here and hang out for a little bit. Give them something different.”

12 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Wow. I don’t even know what to say anymore. This is becoming too frequent to just be bad luck. Do we need a complete overhaul of the training/medical staff?

I don't know, tbh, but the questions seem valid at this point.... 

At this point, I don't know how they don't ramp up Wily Peralta.... G2 is right (per usual), they should have done it weeks ago.

17 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Wow. I don’t even know what to say anymore. This is becoming too frequent to just be bad luck. Do we need a complete overhaul of the training/medical staff?

I normally wouldn't look at the staff in terms of initial injuries because to a large degree a lot of guys do their own programs anyway, but Reyes, Mize and now Manning going backward on rehabs doesn't seen right. Are they shutting people down TOO completely and losing tone in other muscle groups? A guy just shouldn't strain his right quad immediately after rehabbing his left. I guess we have to wait and see what Manning's newest problem is to be more depressed.

4 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I guess we have to wait and see what Manning's newest problem is to be more depressed.

I'm wondering how TF they are planning on stitching together a rotation for at least the next month under these circumstances.... Skubal and Faedo seem solid enough at the moment, but Brieske and Wentz both probably still need time in Toledo to figure things out and the two long men they have on the roster (Wily/Rony) aren't stretched out enough to go 5 at the moment. And that's all assuming that none of them get hurt in the short term.

What an absolute mess. 

Edited by mtutiger

2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I'm wondering how TF they are planning on stitching together a rotation for at least the next month under these circumstances.... Skubal and Faedo seem solid enough at the moment, but Brieske and Wentz both probably still need time in Toledo to figure things out and the two long men they have on the roster (Wily/Rony) aren't stretched out enough to go 5 at the moment. And that's all assuming that none of them get hurt in the short term.

What an absolute mess. 

Not sure what type of AAAA veterans are kicking around other organizations  but they need to go get them. Hutchison looked like 💩 but could he eat some innings?

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Let's all remember this season when down the road it looks like we are set with our rotation in the offseason and somebody suggests a pitcher or two to go after and people turn it down cause "we are all set with pitching" or "theres no room for him.".

YES!  You can never ever have too much pitching.