2022 DETROIT TIGERS REGULAR SEASON THREAD

chasfh

30 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Why the Brewers?  They have been in the playoffs four years in a row and will probably make it five this year.  And they didn't have to go through a prolonged period of hopeless teams to get there.  

I think mtu was referencing the Norris/Olson trade?

38 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

OK, I get that, but the Brewers don't have a history of making bad trades.  We don't even know if the Olson trade is bad yet.  Norris was a good prospect a while ago too.   

RandyMarsh's post referenced the Justin Wilson, Nick Castellanos and Daniel Norris trades. Chas commented that if Al just limited his trades to the Cubs, he'd be OK. I mentioned the Brewers because that was the other party in one of the trades RandyMarsh mentioned.

It wasn't meant to be that serious a post or to be taken this literally.

20 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

RandyMarsh's post referenced the Justin Wilson, Nick Castellanos and Daniel Norris trades. Chas commented that if Al just limited his trades to the Cubs, he'd be OK. I mentioned the Brewers because that was the other party in one of the trades RandyMarsh mentioned.

It wasn't meant to be that serious a post or to be taken this literally.

OK

4 hours ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

I think mtu was referencing the Norris/Olson trade?

4 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Correct

I don't know, I'm thinking we might need to see a little more out of the Reese Olson before we chalk this up in the win column for Al. I'll stick with just the Cubs as preferred trade partners. 😏

59 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I don't know, I'm thinking we might need to see a little more out of the Reese Olson before we chalk this up in the win column for Al. I'll stick with just the Cubs as preferred trade partners. 😏

It's almost a win by default now lol

1 hour ago, Edman85 said:

Maybe I should save the invective for the political board, but we find out Thursday who gets put on the Dumbass List for the Tigers.

Probably Greene which will be one less reason for watching the Tigers that series.

Edited by Tiger337

4 hours ago, Edman85 said:

Maybe I should save the invective for the political board, but we find out Thursday who gets put on the Dumbass List for the Tigers.

Is it wrong to hope Coolbaugh is one and that the Tigers’ bats go absolutely bonkers for the series?

Is this the current rotation?

Skubal

Hutchinson

Hill

Alexander (assuming)

Who else is healthy?  Are we going to have to call up Elvin Rodriguez?

this rotation might only be able to win 10-15 games the rest of the season.  And all bets are off if Skubal is traded without another pitcher coming back in return.

currently injured: Mize, Manning, Turnbull, Pineda, R. Garcia, Brieske.  MIA—Eduardo

7 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Rotation may not be looking so bad by Sept - maybe Skubal, Manning, Rodriquez, Brieske, Turnbull. Of course by the time they are all back to take one final turn in the rotation before the season ends, they will have already lost 95+ games.

Manning gets another rehab start today... imagine he comes back pretty soon.

Edited by mtutiger

Not that it would matter since this season is lost but this is why I hated them dragging their feet last year in regards to his injury. He went down in May, had all the signs of needing TJ but instead they chose to just rest him for almost 2 months before finally caving in and giving him the surgery. 

Perhaps it was Turnbull's decision since no player wants to go through TJ but when all the signs are there don't pussyfoot around, instead get it done ASAP so he can get back sooner. If we were in the midst of a playoff chase him getting back and getting 10 starts vs. none could be difference. And even if it wasn't it would be nice to have him potentially work out any kinks or command issues this year so next season he will be all ironed out and ready to go. K end of rant. 

Edited by RandyMarsh
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Not that it would matter since this season is lost but this is why I hated them dragging their feet last year in regards to his injury. He went down in May, had all the signs of needing TJ but instead they chose to just rest him for almost 2 months before finally caving in and giving him the surgery. 

Perhaps it was Turnbull's decision since no player wants to go through TJ but when all the signs are there don't pussyfoot around, instead get it done ASAP so he can get back sooner. If we were in the midst of a playoff chase him getting back and getting 10 starts vs. none could be difference. And even if it wasn't it would be nice to have him potentially work out any kinks or command issues this year so next season he will be all ironed out and ready to go. K end of rant. 

I endorse this rant.

5 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Manning gets another rehab start today... imagine he comes back pretty soon.

This will be the rehab start that his shoulder and elbow explode simultaneously and the ball park has to be immediately cleared as smoldering debris is everywhere.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

and it was deja vu all over again with Mize.