2022 DETROIT TIGERS REGULAR SEASON THREAD

chasfh

2 minutes ago, buddha said:

who are we tanking for this year?

They would only have a small % chance at the top draft pick, so they should win as many games as possible.

Not to mention that for all the overblown talk of AJ bolting, tanking with this roster would be the kinda thing that would have any manager thinking about the door

1 minute ago, bobrob2004 said:

From May 8 on, the Tigers went 68-61 last year. 

Yep, it was a turning point.  If I remember correctly it was when they replaced Wilson Ramos and Grayson Greiner with Eric Haase and Jake Rogers and they made adjustments to Casey Mize's delivery.   It's also about the time Jonathan Schoop started finally hitting.   He got our only hit today. 

2 minutes ago, bobrob2004 said:

From May 8 on, the Tigers went 68-61 last year. 

They have Oakland and Baltimore these next eight games. 

It'll tell a lot about whether they can at least get the SS Tiger at least moving in the correct direction 

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

Yep, it was a turning point.  If I remember correctly it was when they replaced Wilson Ramos and Grayson Greiner with Eric Haase and Jake Rogers and they made adjustments to Casey Mize's delivery.   It's also about the time Jonathan Schoop started finally hitting.   He got our only hit today. 

Didn't follow today's game closely past the grand slam... that's crazy

9 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I don't know what it could be, but there needs to be some kind of change. 

Last year it was on this day when they started turning things around.   

If there's not a turn around in the next couple weeks, Chris needs to shitcan Al and get Theo on the phone.  This org may NEED a big shakeup, and it literally cant get much worse than it is now.  Chris's old man brought in Dombroswski to make major changes/win; now he needs to find his own Dom if the wheels continue to fall off.

1 minute ago, Dtrain72 said:

If there's not a turn around in the next couple weeks, Chris needs to shitcan Al and get Theo on the phone.  This org may NEED a big shakeup, and it literally cant get much worse than it is now.  Chris's old man brought in Dombroswski to make major changes/win; now he needs to find his own Dom if the wheels continue to fall off.

Nope.  Won't happen.  Al is Chris' boy.  Does what he's told.   Theo wouldn't come here unless he had some guarantees that he probably couldn't get from Chris.   Christ is about turning a profit.   You want a real change?   Don't go to anymore games until they get it. 

RF, LF: 0 HR combined (both Meadows AND Grossman - none)

CF: 1 HR

C; 1 HR

They need to make a change. Really any change. No idea if Coolbaugh is teaching something new, or the ball is that different, or they are collectively cursed, but this is effing nuts.

On 5/7/2022 at 11:43 AM, Motor City Sonics said:

I don't know how much more time Al Avila should get.    Theo Epstein is out there and he dropped some hints that some people may think were about the Tigers.   I'd pay him whatever he wanted and give him total control, but I think we all know that winning is not really part of Chris Illitch's plan, so he won't bend over backwards to do it.   I don't think he'll get very creative and he'll stick with the guy that does what he's told.    

This city is just beat down with their sports teams right now.   We need someone, anyone to just make a playoff.   I don't think with 4 pro teams that's asking very much.    I think the Lions are building it right but they need 2 more years and I'm not sure on Campbell yet.  The Pistons have a potential superstar and hopefully the draft lottery gives them another one and they could be in the playoffs next year.  The Red Wings have some young studs and probably as red-ass coach coming along and some more youngsters on the way (Read between the lines with Yzerman - he's not going for any big free agents this year, so probably no Stamkos).   So we had a little hope with the Tigers, but.....

It won't be the Tigers this year.......and I didn't realistically think it would be, but I thought I would accept that realization in August, not May 7th.      We should have seen the bad karma coming the second Greene got hurt.  Now Kreidler with a lost season.  

A lot of us said that you need 8 starting pitchers going into a season.  The 5 you start with and 3 guys that can step in.   We've already used 8 and we'll probably need another one before Mize and Manning come back (if they come back this year).  Ugh.  It's just been brutal.   That along with the shittiest Spring ever (so far) has made this a very depressing time around here.   

Maybe its a case of every little thing going wrong at the same time, but this lineup looks lifeless.   4 starters and 1 platoon starter hitting under .200.   

I didn't think there was any chance they could start as badly as 9-24 again, but they are right on track for that.  

It's sickening.  

4 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Wow, I had forgotten all about Wilson Ramos.

36 minutes ago, bobrob2004 said:

Do you remember when our keystone combo were Gordon Beckham and Jordy Mercer? 

I always thought that Beckham screwed up his career all by himself.  If he had called himself "Gord" or "Gordie" that would have been worth another 50 points of OPS right there.  But "Gordon", come on did you think you were a mortician an accountant?

• Like 1