Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

3 hours ago, Fox Wismic said:

If they are all contracting a virus with near 100% vax rates, what good is the vax? Why would anybody think promoting more jabs is helpful?

a vaccine NEVER works until a person has been infected. The question is how much the virus duplicates before the immune system catches up to the infection. With no vaccine about 1% of COVID patients will die before that happens. With the vaccine that is going to happen to ~90% fewer people. With Omicron the vaccine replicates more before the immune system catches up than with delta, but the evidence so far is that even though with Omicron enough replication takes place that you reach the point of being infectious yourself, your immune system is still going to catch up before you get seriously or in most cases more than slightly sick. From a epidemiological stand point you'd prefer a vaccine that is better at stopping the spread, but clinically it's still important to have one that saves peoples' lives.

10 minutes ago, Fox Wismic said:

I also have a special needs son (Downs Syndrome. Is that special enough for you?)

They gave him an unnecessary covid test for a simple scope procedure and their covid test (negative) caused him to bleed internally. Poor kid (and his mother) were scared to death as he bled into his stomach and vomited up blood repeatedly.

Lucky for all involved I was at work or there would be a few doctors out of business and me in jail.

I am very to sorry to hear about your son.  

10 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I guarantee you they count covid deaths the same way they count flu deaths.

You couldn't be more wrong.

When covid began they counted the death rate based on known diagnosis of covid. When it comes to the flu, from experience they assume 80% of people who contract it don't report it and count the death rate based on that. People just take a day or two off work, suffer a bit, and get back to real life ASAP. The difference gave rise to an 80 fold factor in overattributing deaths to covid vs the flu.

People with the flu suffer as much or more than most people with covid. But we're familiar with the flu, so no big deal. We stay in bed for a day or two and go back to work. People are told to be scared of covid, so they flee to the hospital and take a week or two off work and get extra unemployment benefits as an inducement to do so.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I am very to sorry to hear about your son.  

Thanks. The worst part was the hospital acted like it was no big deal. It sure was to HIM! And to his mom. Vomiting up blood doesn't happen regularly and they acted like we shouldn't care about it. Good thing it was over by the time I got home from work.

Something was really odd about a covid test that they had to stick a skewer 6 inches into your head for a virus supposedly transmitted by simple breathing (through TWO masks!).

When I took mine it was just a simple cotton swab of my nostrils, which made more sense.

1 minute ago, Fox Wismic said:

When covid began they counted the death rate based on known diagnosis of covid. When it comes to the flu, from experience they assume 80% of people who contract it don't report it and count the death rate based on that. People just take a day or two off work, suffer a bit, and get back to real life ASAP. The difference gave rise to an 80 fold factor in overattributing deaths to covid vs the flu.

People with the flu suffer as much or more than most people with covid. But we're familiar with the flu, so no big deal. We stay in bed for a day or two and go back to work. People are told to be scared of covid, so they flee to the hospital and take a week or two off work and get extra unemployment benefits as an inducement to do so.

No, I am right.  They count them the same way.  

All throughout this thread, you are just quoting made up stuff.  You'll need to do better than that with this group.  

37 minutes ago, Fox Wismic said:

Being that the first year of covid there were over 80% FALSE positives, that's probably true, except most of the deaths were normal, not from covid.

which icd-9 codes are you talking about re: covid-19 diagnosis?

Edited by pfife

15 minutes ago, Fox Wismic said:

When it comes to the flu, from experience they assume 80% of people who contract it don't report it and count the death rate based on that.

People who have non-serious cases of the flu are not dead, their experience doesn't add into into the counting fatalities at all. People who go to the hospital with serious cases are tested for flu virus.  (in fact most people that enter a hospital for any reason during flu season are tested for flu). There is little ambiguity in the results of a clinical flu test - certainly nowhere near enough to affect aggregate statistics.

Edited by gehringer_2

15 minutes ago, Fox Wismic said:

I'd like to query the data, what ICD-9 codes are you talking about specifically for Covid-19 diagnosis?

dude I was about to be like archie when someone says automatic instead of semi automatic.  it was really glorious in my mind

which reminds me I should probably purposefully only say automatic instead of semi-automatic from now on.  

Edited by pfife

1 minute ago, pfife said:

dude I was about to be like archie when someone says automatic instead of semi automatic.  it was really glorious in my mind

which reminds me I should probably purposefully only say automatic instead of semi-automatic from now on.  

Ask him about excess deaths in 2020 and 2021 and what he thinks they died from if not Covd.