Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

15 hours ago, Fox Wismic said:

No, it's 12-21-21. EVERY NHL player (but ONE) is vaxxed yet the NHL is having a covid epidemic. Doesn't the vax work? The ONE got covid, went through it fine, and now has natural immunity.

EVERY NBA player, but a handful, have been vaxxed, yet the NBA is having a covid epidemic. Doesn't the vax work?

NFL - wash, rinse, repeat.

How many pro players have died from covid? How many hospitalized? None? They why the hysteria?

Now, how many athletes (worldwide) have died after getting the vax? A LOT more than have died of covid.

Screenshot_20211222-122013_Twitter.thumb.jpg.df9f20cac0ce23a0ce2b541593917e3d.jpg

Edited by Sports_Freak
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Fox Wismic said:

Horse hockey. No company ever did this for the flu or previous ailments. They are doing it because of govt pressure, not making independent decisions.

The restaurant industry shut down willingly? What are you smoking? Companies are operating on 50% staffs willingly? Are you serious? If it was independent, free market stuff, they'd have been doing this long before covid and govt pressure.

Restaurants shut down when no customers walk thru the doors. Or when their only customers are infected MAGAers.

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

Restaurants shut down when no customers walk thru the doors. Or when their only customers are infected MAGAers.

Not every state, Indiana never forced Restaurants to close. We went to a different bar each week trying to help keep things going. I am curious how many Michigan restaurants/bars never re-opened? 

1 hour ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Not every state, Indiana never forced Restaurants to close. We went to a different bar each week trying to help keep things going. I am curious how many Michigan restaurants/bars never re-opened? 

My favorite Chinese restaurant never opened back up for indoor dining. Their carryout is still going strong. Not sure what happened to the waitresses and busboys though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Some places may have found carryout only, a better business model.

I saw an article that said many of the hospitality industries across the entire country lost millions of jobs. Restaurants, hotels, bars and nightclubs. Many of those jobs won't be coming back. But there are more jobs working for grocery/food delivery. I don't blame people for being nervous going to crowded indoor events. Even the vaccinated have been trying to be careful.

19 hours ago, Fox Wismic said:

Now, how many athletes (worldwide) have died after getting the vax? A LOT more than have died of covid.

Are you serious? Name ONE athlete who has died directly from getting the vaccine. It sounds like Tucker Carlson got to you, he insists thousands of people are dying daily from the vaccine and the government is covering it up. A real clown. 

18 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Based on my experience with death data, I would bet that the Covid death count is underestimated.  

Exactly. Deaths from other preventable causes because people don't want to go to medical facilities during a pandemic. Some idiots say covid is being blamed for many other deaths. There's only 2 problems with their moronic theory. 1...hospitals get much less money from people who died from covid over other reasons. And 2...the yearly total death count from 2020/2021 is much greater than previous years. Facts.. .face them.

good news bad news story about Omicron in the NYT today. Good news:  Data from England/Scotland says that Omicron infections results in fewer hospitalizations per case. Bad news: that may because many Omicron infections are re-infections of people that have already had delta.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/12/22/world/omicron-covid-vaccine-tests

and also this:

NAIROBI — South Africa’s huge wave of omicron cases appears to be subsiding just as quickly as it grew in the weeks after the country first announced to the world that a new coronavirus variant had been identified.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/12/22/south-africa-omicron-coronavirus-cases/

Edited by gehringer_2

23 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

good news bad news story about Omicron in the NYT today. Good news:  Data from England/Scotland says that Omicron infections results in fewer hospitalizations per case. Bad news: that may because many Omicron infections are re-infections of people that have already had delta.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/12/22/world/omicron-covid-vaccine-tests

and also this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/12/22/south-africa-omicron-coronavirus-cases/

That's really good news I heard yesterday. It's like a fast moving virus and if we take the necessary precautions, it may spare most of us. But I also heard that with the huge unvaccinated numbers around the world, it's practically guaranteed to mutate many more times. Keep them boosters coming!! 😄😄

TBH I know nothing about this site except it is part of Atlantic Media Group and was taken over about a year ago by a private equity.

HOWEVER, If true it could be big

https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2021/12/us-army-creates-single-vaccine-effective-against-all-covid-sars-variants/360089/

Within weeks, scientists at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research expect to announce that they have developed a vaccine that is effective against COVID-19 and all its variants, even Omicron, as well as previous SARS-origin viruses that have killed millions of people worldwide. 

The achievement is the result of almost two years of work on the virus. The Army lab received its first DNA sequencing of the COVID-19 virus in early 2020. Very early on, Walter Reed’s infectious diseases branch decided to focus on making a vaccine that would work against not just the existing strain but all of its potential variants as well.

Walter Reed’s Spike Ferritin Nanoparticle COVID-19 vaccine, or SpFN, completed animal trials earlier this year with positive results. Phase 1 of human trials, wrapped up this month, again with positive results that are undergoing final review, Dr. Kayvon Modjarrad, director of Walter Reed’s infectious diseases branch, said in an exclusive interview with Defense One on Tuesday. The new vaccine will still need to undergo phase 2 and phase 3 trials.

"We're testing our vaccine against all the different variants, including Omicron," Modjarrad said. 

On Wednesday, Walter Reed officials said in a statement that its vaccine “was not tested on the Omicron variant,“ but later clarified in an email to Defense One that while the recently discovered variant was not part of the animal studies, it is being tested in the lab against clinical human trial samples. These "neutralization assays" test whether antibodies can inhibit the growth of a virus. 

"We want to wait for those clinical data to be able to kind of make the full public announcements, but so far everything has been moving along exactly as we had hoped,” Modjarrad said.