Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

5 minutes ago, pfife said:

narrative narrative narrative narrative narrative narrative narrative narrative narrative narrative narrative narrative 

Or maybe it's actually not narrative narrative narrative narrative narrative narrative 

yeah, i'm sure it's something else that would explain the flip by so many 'science followers' to get mad at the CDC.

10 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

yeah, i'm sure it's something else that would explain the flip by so many 'science followers' to get mad at the CDC.

Yes, I very strongly agree - it was something else than your "narrative" argument.  Again, as you quoted un my prior post to which you said you don't disagree, I think is cause of the consternation is the decision appears to be lobbyist influenced.  

Edited by pfife

The thing with hospitalization numbers is why they are there. Because of this spreading so fast many people are in there for other reasons but also testing positive. But it’s not why they are there. Not every place splits that out.  Been reading some positive news today about T cells doing a good job and shorter hospital stays.  Frankly the case numbers are probably only half of what’s real considering asymptomatic and “I can’t find a test” and home tests not being logged.  

1 hour ago, pfife said:

image.thumb.png.33d5c012eda50cbbf8a25164acef4f97.png

So either you don't disagree with me or you do disagree with me or you're trolling.   You can decide.

I agree with you that I believe the left feels like lobbyists influenced the decision. 

I don't believe that the CDC was pressured by Delta/lobbyists into making that decision against their will, which you seem to be open to that idea as well when you say 'regardless of the truth, they should be out providing rationale'.

Then, I pointed to the fact that if you don't agree with it, it looks a little sketchy and you're open to the idea of allowing the CDC to explain further.  But if you do agree with it and others don't, wow, what a bunch of anti-science assholes.

https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/

Over the two days (Tuesday and Wednesday), the average number of new confirmed cases is 12,929 per day.

2 day average smashes previously 1 day high.  Somewhat hoping some of these are an accumulation of test results that came in late due to the holiday, but if not, we're heading back in the wrong direction after no reprieve.  

5 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

2 day average smashes previously 1 day high.  Somewhat hoping some of these are an accumulation of test results that came in late due to the holiday, but if not, we're heading back in the wrong direction after no reprieve.  

Testing facilities that had been no wait for many months and now seeing 4 and 5 hour waits.   

8 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Just came here to post this. Could be some holiday backlog, but not good nonetheless. 

3 hours ago, ewsieg said:

I agree with you that I believe the left feels like lobbyists influenced the decision. 

I don't believe that the CDC was pressured by Delta/lobbyists into making that decision against their will, which you seem to be open to that idea as well when you say 'regardless of the truth, they should be out providing rationale'.

Then, I pointed to the fact that if you don't agree with it, it looks a little sketchy and you're open to the idea of allowing the CDC to explain further.  But if you do agree with it and others don't, wow, what a bunch of anti-science 

Ok chief.    I'm already bored of your latest bag of logic pretzels.  

3 hours ago, ewsieg said:

so the new increase is in SE MI where vax rates are higher, while rates are actually falling some out state. The question is whether out state is going to fair better with Omicron  -maybe because of the lower population density - or whether Omicron just hasn't gotten there yet and they are fated to just bounce back up. again.

27 minutes ago, pfife said:

Can say what he wants about the left or right. The biggest reason our country has screwed up the Covid response is because politics got involved. I firmly believe if Biden was in charge when covid hit, he would have handled things much better and prolly have saved thousands of lives. Or anyone not named Trump.

46 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Can say what he wants about the left or right. The biggest reason our country has screwed up the Covid response is because politics got involved. I firmly believe if Biden was in charge when covid hit, he would have handled things much better and prolly have saved thousands of lives. Or anyone not named Trump.

Vaccine would have taken longer though.

This isn't me praising warp speed or Trump. It's just that RCT's take longer when there is less virus.

Learned something today with regard to hospital numbers.  If a COVID patient is there longer than 21 days then they are considered “recovered”.  Even though they are still hospitalized because of what COVID did to them… but they don’t have COVID anymore. 

Also with regard to all this testing… how much of it is in response to symptoms or being exposed?  Wonder come January 2 if the lure and demand to get tested drops dramatically as people are not being proactive because of a party or gathering coming up?  Or being reactive because they were exposed?  

4 hours ago, pfife said:

I'm not trying to perform any pretzel logic.  Many folks felt the CDC wasn't acting in the best interest of their stated purpose in order to scare folks and hurt the economy.  Now many folks appear to feel the CDC isn't acting in the best interest of their stated purpose in order to appease lobbyist/big business.  In the first case, you joined me in shaking your head and wondering why those doubters weren't giving the CDC the benefit of the doubt.  Now you're confused why I'm shaking my head at these new folks, that's some pretzel logic I can't wrap my head around.