Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

4 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Someone noted no-one has started a game thread for M for this season. When you follow winning big with a season with a dim outlook, I guess interest falls fast.

Maybe folks just want summer to continue and aren't ready for September?

11 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Someone noted no-one has started a game thread for M for this season. When you follow winning big with a season with a dim outlook, I guess interest falls fast.

I never post about M here but I'm stoked and going to 6 games this year.   Great schedule.   I think 9 maybe 10 Ws if they steal one.   Oregon will be tough and Ohio will be pissed and it's in the horse **** so that'll be tough.   Texas is the other one that could be an L

Go blue!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pfife said:

I never post about M here but I'm stoked and going to 6 games this year.   Great schedule.   I think 9 maybe 10 Ws if they steal one.   Oregon will be tough and Ohio will be pissed and it's in the horse **** so that'll be tough.   Texas is the other one that could be an L

Go blue!!

College football being in a state of total chaos, anything is possible. It's usually foolish to count on anything with a team with an untested QB, but it's possible a not very effective M offense will be enough against a bunch of other teams whose chaos has been even greater than M's

8 hours ago, romad1 said:

Nah, he was saying nobody had a season thread started.  I started one. 

Phew!  Thank heavens.

The high school season starts tonight.  Or, as I like to refer to them for the clarinet player in the house, Marching Band Fridays.

• Like 1

In a tangenty audible  back to the topic, one of the teachers on my wife’s team has a son that plays for his high school (different district than ours).  That mother/teacher volunteered for this game to cook the Thursday post practice meal.  And the son/player just came down with COVID.

1 hour ago, casimir said:

In a tangenty audible  back to the topic, one of the teachers on my wife’s team has a son that plays for his high school (different district than ours).  That mother/teacher volunteered for this game to cook the Thursday post practice meal.  And the son/player just came down with COVID.

IMG_4281.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, romad1 said:

Nah, he was saying nobody had a season thread started.  I started one. 

Makes sense to have a UM football discussion in a political thread.  

The biggest booster of the UM program is Stephen Ross.  He’s also one of Trump’s very good friends and largest contributors.

In a sense,  Trump and Michigan football are joined at the hip. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him at a few games this year wearing maize and blue and singing Mr.Brightside with the students.  

Maybe he’ll show up at @pfifetailgate and eat all the food and leave without tipping.  

Edited by Hongbit

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

The biggest booster of the UM program is Stephen Ross.  He’s also one of Trump’s very good friends and largest contributors.

In a sense,  Trump and Michigan football are joined at the hip. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him at a few games this year wearing maize and blue and singing Mr.Brightside with the students.  

Maybe he’ll show up at @pfifetailgate and eat all the food and leave without tipping.  

If Trump showed up at a Michigan game they'd have to embargo letting any students in or there'd be a riot. At the very least they would have to turn off all the field mics and do a sterile audio to keep the non-stop "F*** TRUMP!" chant from going national.

Edited by gehringer_2

15 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

If Trump showed up at a Michigan game they'd have to embargo letting any students in or there'd be a riot. At the very least they would have to turn off all the field mics and do a sterile audio to keep the non-stop "F*** TRUMP!" chant from going national.

He wouldn’t make it past Pfife’s tailgate. 

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

Sherrone Moore and Warde Manual and Santa Ono are going to host Trump?  That will not be happening.

9 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Sherrone Moore and Warde Manual and Santa Ono are going to host Trump?  That will not be happening.

I also sort of doubt Sherrone Moore is going to be a source for the occasional conservative culture warrior statements Harbaugh was good for that must have endeared him to some donors. but who knows?

Edited by gehringer_2

23 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I was joking. Agree, it’s not happening.

But if Stephen Ross ever would want to bring Trump to a game, nobody is saying no. 

Edited by Hongbit

11 hours ago, Hongbit said:

As long as he doesn't drink the beer.