Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

the thing is, these regulations were going to expire in two weeks anyway.  this judge jumped the gun.

biden could have immediately appraled it and had an injunction issued.  but they didnt.  why not? 

because they want them to expire.  and the cdc wants them to expire becaude the airlines want them to expire.

i dont see any way you bring them back now.  you can wear a mask if you want, but nobody will make you do it.

2 hours ago, oblong said:

I don’t need to know where the line should be to know one should exist. And that shouldn’t be left to a single judge either. 

stop thinking like a lawyer.  

Finding a friendly judge has been a political fad for a while. The dems did it a lot against Trump.  I think this practice will only get worse.

Currently sweating out a PCR test.  My daughter had a home test with just the slightest line on the wrong place to have a line.   My home test was negative but might have been too early in the process.  So, should have that formal result for her and me tomorrow.   I feel decent.  A little bit of creak to my joints which is my normal flu reaction and maybe just a hint of a sore throat but that could be allergies. 

I am just over the hump on a bad head cold that started Monday. It was my first one in probably three or so years. Boy, that was a good run.

I took a home COVID test. It was literally the first COVID test Ive taken. No line on the right side under the T, so according to the test anyway, no COVID. Although, in a weird way, I was hoping for a positive, assuming this is BA.2 and then I should be immune to it afterward.

God, the stupid things that leap into your brain when you’re sick …

8 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I was hoping for a positive, assuming this is BA.2 and then I should be immune to it afterward.

God, the stupid things that leap into your brain when you’re sick …

I have been there. I have been sick three times already in 2022 and each time I thought "well hopefully I can just get this over with". For the first two I took home tests and they were both negative. I skipped it for the last one because I was on vacation and we didn't go anywhere or interact with anyone.

I visited the hospital yesterday and took a covid test and was negative. I should have asked for an antibody test.

5 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

How can this be? The mask requirement was dropped on Monday, April 18, the date under the headlines is April 11, the tweet doesn't link to an artic ...

Oh, wait a minute ... it's a joke! By a comedian! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!

Hilarious.

8 minutes ago, chasfh said:

How can this be? The mask requirement was dropped on Monday, April 18, the date under the headlines is April 11, the tweet doesn't link to an artic ...

Oh, wait a minute ... it's a joke! By a comedian! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!

Hilarious.

No, it's a real article.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/airlines-face-mask-covid-rules-flights-canceled/

Appears it's overseas airlines. 

Conclusion: Not a joke. 

Edited by Motown Bombers

7 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

What is clickbait about it?

did you read it?  

let me show you:

1) the headline says "airlines that dropped mask mandate now sufferinf staff shortages due to covid 19".  the article references two airlines.  one of which has had barely any cancellations more than normal.

2) the article CITES noted twitter troll eric fengl ding as some sort of expert.

According to Dr. Eric Feigl-Ding, an epidemiologist and health economist, such flight cancellations were all but guaranteed once passengers and crew members took off their masks. 

"So damn predictable — UK govt drops restrictions, airlines like @easyJet drops masks ... and less than 2 weeks later ... huge spike in pilots and flight attendants out sick with #COVID19 unable to work, and 120 flights cancelled! Airline CEOs asked for this," he said on Twitter. 

that, my friend, is the definition of click bait.  its a headline designed to grab your attention, but the article itself doesnt support the outrageous headline.  

Just now, buddha said:

did you read it?  

let me show you:

1) the headline says "airlines that dropped mask mandate now sufferinf staff shortages due to covid 19".  the article references two airlines.  one of which has had barely any cancellations more than normal.

2) the article CITES noted twitter troll eric fengl ding as some sort of expert.

According to Dr. Eric Feigl-Ding, an epidemiologist and health economist, such flight cancellations were all but guaranteed once passengers and crew members took off their masks. 

"So damn predictable — UK govt drops restrictions, airlines like @easyJet drops masks ... and less than 2 weeks later ... huge spike in pilots and flight attendants out sick with #COVID19 unable to work, and 120 flights cancelled! Airline CEOs asked for this," he said on Twitter. 

that, my friend, is the definition of click bait.  its a headline designed to grab your attention, but the article itself doesnt support the outrageous headline.  

So the headlines says "airlines that dropped mask mandates now suffering staff shortages." The article referenced airlines, as in plural, that cancelled flights. It sited 4% of flights cancelled which is 4 times as may during this time period in 2019. It cited the CEO of the airline who stated cancellations were up due to staff shortages related to COVID. Exactly what the headline said. It didn't say mass shortages, it said shortages which is accurate. 

First the article was fake and a joke. Now it's clickbait. 

and again, this is about risk tolerance.  we have mitigation measures for covid, the hospitals are not overrun, we have vaccines and boosters that lower the chance of serious illness.  the time for measures like masks in all public spaces is past.

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

So the headlines says "airlines that dropped mask mandates now suffering staff shortages." The article referenced airlines, as in plural, that cancelled flights. It sited 4% of flights cancelled which is 4 times as may during this time period in 2019. It cited the CEO of the airline who stated cancellations were up due to staff shortages related to COVID. Exactly what the headline said. It didn't say mass shortages, it said shortages which is accurate. 

First the article was fake and a joke. Now it's clickbait. 

i didnt say the article was fake, it is click bait.

how many airlines are there in "europe"?  does the article say?  does it compare how many have had cancellations becuase of covid, or just cite 2, one of which that has had some and the other who really hasnt had many?

its click bait for people like you who have politicized covid and apparently have no risk tolerance for others (considering you said you never fly, correct?).  and you clicked on it.  mission accomplished.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, buddha said:

i didnt say the article was fake, it is click bait.

how many airlines are there in "europe"?  does the article say?  does it compare how many have had cancellations becuase of covid, or just cite 2, one of which that has had some and the other who really hasnt had many?

its click bait for people like you who have politicized covid and apparently have no risk tolerance for others (considering you said you never fly, correct?).  and you clicked on it.  mission accomplished.

Chas inferred it was fake which is what I was referencing. 

I don't know how many airlines are in Europe. The headline didn't say all airlines in Europe experiencing shortages. 

The irony here is you call out my faults yet YOU clicked on the link because YOU have a political agenda to try to prove me wrong so it also worked in making YOU click on the link. Mission accomplished. 

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Chas inferred it was fake which is what I was referencing. 

I don't know how many airlines are in Europe. The headline didn't say all airlines in Europe experiencing shortages. 

The irony here is you call out my faults yet YOU clicked on the link because YOU have a political agenda to try to prove me wrong so it also worked in making YOU click on the link. Mission accomplished. 

i clicked on your link because i was curious.  and my assumption was correct.

click.  bait.

22 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I guarantee if the headline said "Airlines that dropped mask mandate have not experienced staff shortages due to COVID-19" and said the same number of airlines in the same timeframe and same number of flights, you would not be calling the article clickbait. 

sure i would.  

i didnt believe all that shit i heard from people who said airlines were cancelling flights because their employees were protesting vaccines and i dont think theyre cancelling a bunch of flights because some employees got covid because they dropped the mask mandate.

did some employees protest the vaccine mandate?  sure.  will some employees get covid now?  sure.  is either a big deal in the grand scheme of things?  i dont think so.

its time to get back to normal.  wear a mask if you want, but i dont think people should be required to do so anymore.  the risk is no longer that great.

Edited by buddha