Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

1 hour ago, RatkoVarda said:

Florida's SG changed official report from no risk, to high risk for young men getting vaxxed.

if you can't trust doctors who appear with the demon sperm lady, who can you trust?

This really should be moe of a story.  
Despicable.

• 5 weeks later...

China faces a new Covid wave that could peak at 65 million cases a week

bEIJING — China is bracing for a new wave of Covid infections that could see as many as 65 million cases per week by the time the surge peaks at the end of June.

According to state media, he told the audience that the wave that started in late April was “anticipated,” and that his modeling suggested China could be approaching 40 million infections per week. By the end of June, he said, the weekly number of infections will peak at 65 million.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/china-covid-second-wave-xbb-variant-omicron-rcna86171

I guess the fear mongers will have to dig out their masks.

9 hours ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

China faces a new Covid wave that could peak at 65 million cases a week

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/china-covid-second-wave-xbb-variant-omicron-rcna86171

I guess the fear mongers will have to dig out their masks.

I’m not surprised by this. You could never stop COVID completely like China thought they could. It just lies in wait until you let your guard down. It’s basically 2020 in China now.

20 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I’m not surprised by this. You could never stop COVID completely like China thought they could. It just lies in wait until you let your guard down. It’s basically 2020 in China now.

And I think it's all been Xi. The Chinese scientific community had been reasonably integrated into the rest of the world - at least until very recently with Xi trying to clamp everything down. You can lay directly on Xi the inability of China to pivot on policy when it started to become clear that rather than follow the initial model of the SARS viruses earlier in the 2000's that were able to be stamped out, COVID would be become endemic. I think in pre Xi China, Chinese science would have been able to stay in a more cooperative stance with the West and the it would have been possible for their knowledge to influence and change the stance of China's government toward the same pivot everyone else made. I'm sure Trump politicizing things just made it worse but in the end I don't think that would have mattered to Chinese policy if Xi weren't spending all his energy angling to make himself dictator for life. 

Edited by gehringer_2

1 hour ago, Biff Mayhem said:

My wife, who was fully indoctrinated in the Chinese brainwashing and watches the Chinese version of TikTok daily, insists that Covid is a creation of the American government that was released in China as a biological weapon.

Can I come over for Thanksgiving this year?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Can I come over for Thanksgiving this year?

Sure! When the covid discussion gets going, you can discuss how the locked up people screaming from their windows didn't really happen and, when the covid discussion ends, you can move on to how the guy who stood up to the tank in Tiananmen Square was bought and paid for by the American Government.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Sure! When the covid discussion gets going, you can discuss how the locked up people screaming from their windows didn't really happen and, when the covid discussion ends, you can move on to how the guy who stood up to the tank in Tiananmen Square was bought and paid for by the American Government.

Sure, I can do that. Just make sure I have the script in hand a few days before I swing by. I'm not very good at improv.

On 5/26/2023 at 8:58 AM, chasfh said:

Sure, I can do that. Just make sure I have the script in hand a few days before I swing by. I'm not very good at improv.

Oh glorious China. It’s like she is Xi (or Xi is she if you prefer). Either way, glorious chairman visits early and often. 

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, oblong said:

So let me get this straight, Covid will get the vast majority people regardless of vaccination status, but yet some unvaccinated people are complaining about long covid, which the vast majority of people would get regardless of the vaccination status, and this is a jumping point to sneer at people who disagree with you?

Do I have that right?

On 6/23/2023 at 9:24 PM, gehringer_2 said:

The four-page report by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) said the U.S. intelligence community still could not rule out the possibility that the virus came from a laboratory

I'm reading between the lines, I would say this is a case of "it's not what you know, its what you can prove". The Chinese government is never known for blocking information etc for the purpose of saving face.

7 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

So let me get this straight, Covid will get the vast majority people regardless of vaccination status, but yet some unvaccinated people are complaining about long covid, which the vast majority of people would get regardless of the vaccination status, and this is a jumping point to sneer at people who disagree with you?

Do I have that right?

Being vaccinated goes a long way to reduce the symptoms and effects of covid. Nothing is 100%. If she got vaccinated she might not be complaining about her food's taste.

13 minutes ago, oblong said:

Being vaccinated goes a long way to reduce the symptoms and effects of covid. Nothing is 100%. If she got vaccinated she might not be complaining about her food's taste.

How do you know this? How can that be determined? Spoiler alert: it can't right now. Cases and symptoms varied so wildly amongst people long before the vaccinations hit that there is absolutely no way, at present, to assuredly say that the vaccination reduces symptoms and effects.

7 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

How do you know this? How can that be determined? Spoiler alert: it can't right now. Cases and symptoms varied so wildly amongst people long before the vaccinations hit that there is absolutely no way, at present, to assuredly say that the vaccination reduces symptoms and effects.

If you don't know this by now, none of the thousands of links we can send you from credible scientific sources will do the trick when you will believe Robert Malone and his ilk over them.

But anyways... https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccine-effectiveness

Edited by Edman85

3 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

If you don't know this by now, none of the thousands of links we can send you from credible scientific sources will do the trick when you will believe Robert Malone and his ilk over them.

Send me the best one. If it passes the smell test and I'm wrong, I'll admit it. Believe it or not, there is someone who occasionally participates in the political forum who can let go of pride and admit when they're wrong 😉

For the record, I'm not strictly on either side of the "vaccinated" fence, I just know bullying when I see it. Bullying is the business of political discussions around here and, brother, business is a boomin'.

I won't link to any studies as Ed has done that but for about a year the vast majority of my wife's patients were unvaccinated, this is the ICU.  Those who were vaccinated were often elderly.

To me the vaccine is much like wearing a seat belt.  It won't protect you all the time and in a few very rare cases it might trap you.  But overall you are better off with it than without it. 

1 hour ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Do I have that right?

The screenshots in the tweet from unvaccinated folks aren't complainimg about long covid.   They're complaining about restaurants having crappy food.