Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

24 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

We have credible data that indicates this could have come out of the Wuhan Lab.  We have credible data that indicates we funded gain of function research (at least by some peoples definitely....wtf is that mean?!?!) there.  If this is true, the people responsible for Covid made huge financial windfalls because their unethical behavior killed millions of people.  Evidence is mounting how destructive it was to our youth as well.

But yeah, let's just focus on the asshats that didn't want to wear a mask. They are the true problem.

don't bitch to me.  I'm just going by what I am reading today.

If you want me to believe that the government created covid so that shareholders could make money... I'm not listening to that bull****.  Go talk to flat earthers.

I'm not reading the ****ing NY Post.   This little crusade of yours on this topic is hilarious and tragic.  "Hey everyone... remember this from 3-4 years ago..."  Let's talk about Vince Foster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm seriously supposed to follow and take serious a story where all I see are pictures of Marjorie Taylor Greene and Rand Paul and a bunch of other anti vax covidiots?  Sorry I am not wasting my time.  You can wade into that cesspool and get in bed with them and hope you don't get rabies or syphylis. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, oblong said:

I'm sorry but you all sound like a bunch of whiny crybabies.  Bodies were being stacked in hallways and in portable coolers and health care workers are risking their lives trying to treat people and dying while doing so and it's like "OMG, I had to wear a mask and be 6 feet apart...."

So yeah...  **** the critics.

To be clear about this, I had no problem wearing a mask. Yes, it got old after a while but I wore the mask as a precaution for myself and others. And for the record, I did the shots. If I had known what I know now, I would not have gotten the shots…but that’s for anther time. 
Yes, I understand the stress on the healthcare system was unimaginable. I have the utmost respect for your wife and don’t see how she managed that period of time. She and her colleagues are truly heroes. Their commitment and dedication to their profession can’t be overstated. 

My issue is that as questions arose from the general public about the validity and necessity of some of the edicts being put out there by government agencies, there was ZERO tolerance for other ideas or opinions. The message was, Don’t you dare question the science! The dictate was, follow the science and shut up. Dissenting opinions were shouted down and chastised. 
In hindsight it’s fair to say lot of bad decisions were made from the top down and it’s time to own up to them and stop defending them. 

A billionaire politician didn't correctly do accounting to pay off a mistress like Clinton or Edwards and every resource available should be used to ensure he's found guilty.  

The biggest pandemic in 100 years occurs and there is no need to discuss anything about it.  It's in the past, let it go.  In fact whenever it's brought up, let's just strawman the heck out of it.  

700 billion..... money apparently only corrupts people you guys politically disagree with.

Oh, come on.

Every single time Fauci has been requested to  appear, HE SHOWS UP, and every single time he’s accused of doing something illegal/unethical and “we have proof” - nothing ever produced, but let’s keep accusing him. Eventually, someone will kill a family member or him.

Time to put up or shut up.  A congresswoman today said she has “emails”…. ****ing produce them. 

Questioning whether things could have been better, - reasonable.

Pointing to pharmaceutical companies or particular CEO’s, etc. raking in ridiculous amounts of government money. - definitely 👍 

But for God’s sake , looking at Dr. Fauci in particular as a boogy man or a monstrous entity that needs to be “thrown in prison” and not called “Doctor”, is getting infuriating. WTF

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I’m laughing my ass off at the suggestion that a congressional hearing is “looking into something” rather nothing more than a gigantic grandstanding opportunity in an election year over an issue 3-4 years ago because the majority has nothing else to run on.   

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ewsieg said:

A billionaire politician didn't correctly do accounting to pay off a mistress like Clinton or Edwards and every resource available should be used to ensure he's found guilty.  

The biggest pandemic in 100 years occurs and there is no need to discuss anything about it.  It's in the past, let it go.  In fact whenever it's brought up, let's just strawman the heck out of it.  

700 billion..... money apparently only corrupts people you guys politically disagree with.

You literally created a strawman to complain about a strawman.

9 minutes ago, VegasTiger said:

You literally created a strawman to complain about a strawman.

So I just looked it up as I was confused by your response and it's arguably not the biggest pandemic in the last 100 years, at least if you base it on deaths (HIV/aids).  But I still don't see how I created a strawman argument.  Was it not a big deal?  

4 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

So I just looked it up as I was confused by your response and it's arguably not the biggest pandemic in the last 100 years, at least if you base it on deaths (HIV/aids).  But I still don't see how I created a strawman argument.  Was it not a big deal?  

No one is saying: "there is no need to discuss anything about it ".  That's your strawman.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oblong said:

I’m laughing my ass off at the suggestion that a congressional hearing is “looking into something” rather nothing more than a gigantic grandstanding opportunity in an election year over an issue 3-4 years ago because the majority has nothing else to run on.   

Point taken on grandstanding, but just because the GOP sucks doesn't mean trying to understand how and why, including failed response, shouldn't be reviewed.

24 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

... doesn't mean trying to understand how and why, including failed response, shouldn't be reviewed.

But we're going to trust Republicans to get to the truth?

My biggest fall-off-the-chair laughter of the night.

Brought by Donald "Drink Bleach" Trump and the rest of the lying **** Republicans currently making up the party.

No thank you. I've had enough of their stream of bull****.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, VegasTiger said:

No one is saying: "there is no need to discuss anything about it ".  That's your strawman.

I mean Rob, who has been getting a ton of likes to his posts and is a moderator on this site said he wouldn't even bother reading the article I posted.  Am I wrong to put more value in what he says then some random Twitter post?

Edited by ewsieg

My main complaint is that you can't question anything about Fauci without it immediately being equated to believing some jewish space laser hit epstein island which caused the illuminati to start a hoax virus.  

In the name of Science, Fauci wanted gain of function.  That is known.  Other scientists/doctors agreed with him, others tended to agree but called for more oversight.  The Obama administration sided with those that called for more oversight.  Fauci and many others found ways (possibly legally, but I'd be interested in knowing for sure) to redefine gain of function.  We now know Wuhan was doing research on spike protein and was doing gain of function.  

Still, it's not a slam dunk it was a lab leak as there has been some evidence that others feel strengthens the Wuhan wet market.  

But if Fauci knew and allowed 'gain of function' under the belief they had proper handling procedures which would keep it from escaping AND allow scientists to defend against such a virus if it naturally happened in the wild as pretty much everyone agrees could happen, even if the intentions were for the best, than he's a heck of a lot more responsible for the deaths of millions than Trump is.  

56 minutes ago, pfife said:

These are the kinds of hearings that make me think the Dems made a huge mistake saving Maga Mike.   That could have been yet another failed speaker vote instead.

From a **** the GOP standpoint, I couldn't agree more.

I hope the more reserved democratic decision to work with him to get some more stuff done which allows Biden to campaign on working with a hostile congress pays off with independents though.