Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

5 minutes ago, Archie said:

I don't know what thread to put this in so I'm going to put it here....

I have to go finish wrapping presents then going to visit parents for Christmas.  We've also scaled back but have not completely eliminated things.  Its just immediate family and not the big extended group.  Anyway, I hope everyone can set their political differences aside for a while and I wish all of you a safe and Merry Christmas!  

Merry Christmas to you to Archie.   Sorry to hear about your friend and co-workers.   

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, pfife said:

So do all of us and yet we have good posts.   

{{Or maybe they have jobs and responsibilities and simply don't have the time to keep up with a gang of people who outnumber them.}}

I've counted 12 people post in opposition to me here the last two days. So, no, you don't have to keep up with a gang of people. You are part of the gang. That ratio is obviously not representative of the population at large, or we'd have over a 99% vax rate and you'd have nothing to argue about.

No, you don't have good posts. Very few of substance. Most of them are digs, slurs, false accusations, etc.

7 minutes ago, Fox Wismic said:

{{Or maybe they have jobs and responsibilities and simply don't have the time to keep up with a gang of people who outnumber them.}}

I've counted 12 people post in opposition to me here the last two days. So, no, you don't have to keep up with a gang of people. You are part of the gang. That ratio is obviously not representative of the population at large, or we'd have over a 99% vax rate and you'd have nothing to argue about.

No, you don't have good posts. Very few of substance. Most of them are digs, slurs, false accusations, etc.

Im very sorry you chose bad opinions and that you chose to make an account here and also that you chose to post your bad opinions.   Perhaps you need a safe space so you can post better.

It seems others chose to do something other than what you did.   I don't blame them.

Edited by pfife

2 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I like freedom, but it comes with responsibility.  Your freedom should not interfere with my freedom.  There are very few things you can do in life that don't affect somebody else in some way.  

You guys "are not against all governance".  You like governance that benefits you!

I have no problem with responsibility. Do you mean like AIDS patients, drinkers, smokers, and drug users funding their own medical expenses? Transsexuals in the military should have to pay for their own surgery?

I don't want my freedom to interfere with yours. That is a false accusation.

I am for less intrusive govt, for me and for you. I want govt to stay out of our way, except when absolutely necessary - things like crimes of violence, murder, rape, theft, fraud, etc. Your last accusation is simply a lie.

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

Why do you keep blaming the rest of us for “taking or limiting” your freedoms? Do you think we are the government?

I didn't blame you for anything of the kind. I opposed your position of supporting such intrusive govt. Of course you can't take my freedoms personally, but you can support using govt as hired thugs to do it for you.

3 minutes ago, Fox Wismic said:

I have no problem with responsibility. Do you mean like AIDS patients, drinkers, smokers, and drug users funding their own medical expenses? Transsexuals in the military should have to pay for their own surgery?

I don't want my freedom to interfere with yours. That is a false accusation.

I am for less intrusive govt, for me and for you. I want govt to stay out of our way, except when absolutely necessary - things like crimes of violence, murder, rape, theft, fraud, etc. Your last accusation is simply a lie.

I made no false accusations or lies.  Don't take yourself so seriously.  Oh, I forgot.  You're a Libertarian.  That's what you do! 🙂 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fox Wismic said:

I didn't blame you for anything of the kind. I opposed your position of supporting such intrusive govt. Of course you can't take my freedoms personally, but you can support using govt as hired thugs to do it for you.

You flat out said:

10 hours ago, Fox Wismic said:

Why do you insist on taking or limiting MY freedoms in the process of forfeiting yours?

Which reads as though you believe we, the other posters, are those who are taking or limiting your freedoms.

Are you backtracking on that?

27 minutes ago, Fox Wismic said:

I am for less intrusive govt, for me and for you. I want govt to stay out of our way, except when absolutely necessary - things like crimes of violence, murder, rape, theft, fraud, etc. 

the biggest problem with this view is the technological society. The needed for pooled action is easy to see in the case of crime/security. If the bad guy is young,  6'8" 275lbs and/or has a gun, you want society organized to bring the strength of the full society to your aid. But the idealization the individual can navigate the modern advanced technology market on his own scientific competence, or that the market can manage resource utilization decisions fairly or safely in the absence of accounting systems that actually capture true social costs, idealizations that underpin libertarianism, are fantasies. No individual in 10 life times can gain knowledge of enough sciences and technologies to make only informed market choices, so like we pool physical strength, we are forced to pool knowledge collectively in the form of the regulatory state. Likewise no economy has yet devised a accounting model that forces the external costs (health/safety/environmental) of their operations on corporate actors. Again, this demands the pooling of social judgement on the advisability of economic activities in the form of the regulatory state. It actually is exactly the same case as crime/violence with the same validity. So this is where/why libertarianism agitprop becomes the favorite charity of the robber baron class. The easiest way for the Koch's or Exxon or GM to clear the way for whatever irresponsibilities they are motivated to commit in the name of profit is to proselytize for the libertarian case across the country. When it comes to the libertarian argument just follow the money. When you see who is paying the bill, that should give you pause to understand you are being co-opted if nothing else does.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

90 Years Later, 1918 Flu Lives on in Antibodies, Research | PBS NewsHour

Notice they did not develop a vaccine. They gathered people who were "children in 1918 and had been closely exposed to someone who had the disease". IOW, people who had NATURAL immunity. Turns out their NATURAL immunity was STILL effective a CENTURY later.
That's something to consider when we're being told that we now need a 4TH jab because the first three were insufficient and lasted just a few months (at best).

Are you gonna attack PBS as a right-wing, conspiracy group?

Congressman James Clyburn (D-Pfizer) was "Vaccinated" and "Boosted" - LRC Blog LewRockwell.com

And he still got COVID, he announced today. He explained the obvious lesson he learned from this by saying:  “I urge anyone who has not done so to protect themselves by getting vaccinated and boosted.”

Maryland Governor Larry Hogan (R-Pfizer) did the exact same thing — got “vaccinated and boosted,” got COVID anyway, then implored everyone for the millionth time to get “vaccinated and boosted.”

Are these people delusional or are they lying pharmaceutical industry political whores?

Why do all the people who've contracted covid despite being vaxxed and boosted keep encouraging others to get vaxxed and boosted so they don't contract covid?

4 minutes ago, pfife said:

I didn't look for anything I read his post

“That was the general thought when they came out”

So tell me, based on the above response, who declared the vaccination an end all to the vulnerability to the virus? Who asserted anything beyond an opinion? No one has. 

5 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

One old guy who was already ill died allegedly of covid complication because he needed to keep his business open to pay the medical bills for his wife being treated for terminal cancer. If he shut down they'd both have been destitute and dead.

BTW, we owned a vacation home in Quincy. I've probably eaten there and met the guy.