Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

2 hours ago, Fox Wismic said:

I've been to Russia and Belarus, the most Communist country on earth, according to their own ruler. Where have you been, Canada?

{{we have way more liberty now than we did back then}}

LOL. I put out the wrong colored trash bin one week and got threatened with a citation. I can't fix my toilet without a permit from Big Brother. They want to tell us we need their jab or we can't work, go to college, join the military, fly on a plane, travel abroad, go to events, or shop for groceries. More freedom? Bah haha!

there are certainly issues with the regulatory state, but the primary one is the loss of democratic control of the government that runs the regulatory state. The problem is not a government that regulates - any good government must - and the clear difference between requiring people to take reasonable measures to insure the public health of all, as opposed the rent seeking lobbies that have given you permitting requirements to fix your own head as the result of their political expenditures should be self-evident. You have gotten as far as identification of the problem, but the reflexive response that anarchy and unrestrained power for those that can buy it is the wrong solution. The problem with the regulatory state in the US is that today it is driven more by the money contributed by commercial interests than the public interest. I'll give you three guesses how best to solve that, and the 1st two need not even count.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fox Wismic said:

https://www.wnd.com/2021/12/nurses-report-overwhelming-number-heart-attacks-clotting-vaccinated-patients/

Vaxxed people are filling hospitals. Where's their responsibility?

Unvaxxed people are dying 9-to-1 over vaxxed.

The COVID-19 vaccines don’t prevent infection. They prepare you to fight infection with the best, most effective tool at hand.

Where’s your sense of reason?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Netnerd said:

The COVID-19 vaccines don’t prevent infection. They prepare you to fight infection with the best, most effective tool at hand.

Your argument is not with me. As shown earlier, It's with Joe Biden and Donald Trump.

How are unvaxxed dying 9-1 over vaxxed in areas with over 90% vax rates?

I’ve conducted two funerals for people who died from COVID. I’m a pastor.

I’ve lost two good friends in another outbreak.

I know of about a dozen others in my extended circle who have died. Including a niece’s dad-in-law.

This isn’t funny. Or frivolous. I’ve never seen anything like this in 33 years of my career.

I have yet to meet a single person hurt by a vaccination.

Enough with your willful stupidity, Fox Wismic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Oh, for Pete’s sake …. This last page posts are exactly what I was talking about.

Can’t any of you show some restraint? Don’t any of you remember that you have the capacity to put people on ignore? 
Can any of you resist the urge to get personal with your responses?

Ugh.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

Oh, for Pete’s sake …. This last page posts are exactly what I was talking about.

Can’t any of you show some restraint? Don’t any of you remember that you have the capacity to put people on ignore? 
Can any of you resist the urge to get personal with your responses?

Ugh.

Will do and done.

On 12/24/2021 at 10:15 AM, chasfh said:

@Archie? Do you agree?

I think most people thought the vaccine would prevent someone from getting Covid -much like a flu shot - and the vaccine would get us past the pandemic.  I didn't mean it was going to end covid because I think Covid is here for a long time if not forever.

47 minutes ago, Archie said:

I think most people thought the vaccine would prevent someone from getting Covid -much like a flu shot - and the vaccine would get us past the pandemic.  I didn't mean it was going to end covid because I think Covid is here for a long time if not forever.

The vaccine would be the end all of COVID, if everyone would take it as seriously as they took the polio shot, which did end up being the end all. Instead, as you say, COVID will be here for a long time because instead of doing their part to help eradicate it, too many people are willing to accept millions of somebody elses dying from it every year.

• Like 1

Maybe part of that problem is that we didn’t see enough pictures or video of young people with COVID on ventilators, the same way we saw pictures of children in iron lungs seemingly everywhere in the 1950s. Some of it might be the difference between old people and children, and some of it might have been the willingness back then to publish the iron lung pictures.

• Like 1

We've come a long way with vaccines. Consider an early "vaccine" for smallpox. I wonder if there would be even more anti-vaxxers if we still did it this way? 😁😁😁

"In China, powdered smallpox scabs were blown up the noses of the healthy. The patients would then develop a mild case of the disease and from then on were immune to it. The technique did have a 0.5–2.0% mortality rate, but that was considerably less than the 20–30% mortality rate of the disease itself."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smallpox_vaccine

4 hours ago, Edman85 said:

I will say, ignoring took a bit of work. May I suggest a link on people's posts to do it straight from there? Perhaps that nudge can get people to stop flame wars sooner.

No, trolls whole purpose is to distort and distract from the original subject. The better trolls get along with everyone for a while to establish a good reputation. And get other people to be their supporters so they're not "outed" as a troll. Most of them are very unhappy with their lives so they try to make life as miserable as they can for others. It reminds me of a certain political group that worships a disgusting and corrupt crime syndicate family. Pretty sad America has come to this point.

Oh, and an apology to Sue and to others for falling for the trolls bait and disrupting this entire post. I guess I'll never learn...😑

Edited by Sports_Freak

3 hours ago, Archie said:

so they got bad info.  there's a shock

in some threads such a lack of expertise means you're cancelled.   Different for this thread I guess.

Edited by pfife