Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

Yeah, the CDC and the FDA. Whenever someone brings up the FDA, I always ask..." you mean the same FDA that approved and allowed all of those opiates on the market?" Prolly responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths.

One of the biggest mistakes this country has ever made.  I worked with some very connected people who knew it was a mistake at the time.  One of them said this is going to be the biggest drug epidemic we have ever seen.  He was a non-stop talker and some thought he was just blowing off steam, but he was prescient.  

• Like 1

All this talk about covid and now I sit here waiting my test results.  Whatever I got, it came on fast today.  I was able to get a test to find out if its covid but I've got all the classic symptoms except loss of smell and taste and I feel terrible.  Hopefully if it is covid the the two shots of Phizer and the Phizer booster will help me get past it.

40 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

It is old.  These numbers pertain to the original strain of Covid-19 and maybe the numbers for the variants are different.  At any rate, it does support the conclusion that Covid is way worst than the flu for almost all age groups except under 15.    

And the new variant is going after kids. It looks like most of the conclusions they came to in the past change as we either learn more or a new variant pops up. Can't blame the experts for being wrong, they're working with the data they have now. That may change in 2 or 3 weeks.

42 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

One of the biggest mistakes this country has ever made.  I worked with some very connected people who knew it was a mistake at the time.  One of them said this is going to be the biggest drug epidemic we have ever seen.  He was a non-stop talker and some thought he was just blowing off steam, but he was prescient.  

People with substance abuse problems also knew right away it was something they could abuse. I'm getting ready to binge "Dopesick" and I think they'll say people at the drug companies knew. But they also knew the $$ they could make.

1 hour ago, Edman85 said:

No twitter timeline is an indication of anything other than one's bubble.

def could be the case here.  I'm seeing the CDC getting meme'd quite a bit on my timeline.   I'm not sure the political orientation of it my timeline would obvs lean left lol

1 hour ago, Archie said:

All this talk about covid and now I sit here waiting my test results.  Whatever I got, it came on fast today.  I was able to get a test to find out if its covid but I've got all the classic symptoms except loss of smell and taste and I feel terrible.  Hopefully if it is covid the the two shots of Phizer and the Phizer booster will help me get past it.

Hope it passes fast with no long term effects 

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

People with substance abuse problems also knew right away it was something they could abuse. I'm getting ready to binge "Dopesick" and I think they'll say people at the drug companies knew. But they also knew the $$ they could make.

I thought it was insane.  I was tracking all the data for my job and seeing ridiculous increases in opiate use and I suspected it wouldn't end well.  I had doctors offer me opiates on two occasions - once for a broken arm and once after minor knee surgery.  I refused both times.  They wanted to know why I refused.  I said it was because I was tracking the data and didn't like the trends I was seeing.  I didn't want to end up in my database!

1 hour ago, Archie said:

The Omicron variant doesn't cause loss of smell and taste, so it may be that.  Whatever you have, I hope you get completely better quickly.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Archie said:

Get well! Glad you are vaccinated and boosted. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Archie said:

Take care of yourself. Even with all the COVID  blowing up I managed to a very nasty  conventional cold this month, so you never know till your tests come back. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I thought it was insane.  I was tracking all the data for my job and seeing ridiculous increases in opiate use and I suspected it wouldn't end well.  I had doctors offer me opiates on two occasions - once for a broken arm and once after minor knee surgery.  I refused both times.  They wanted to know why I refused.  I said it was because I was tracking the data and didn't like the trends I was seeing.  I didn't want to end up in my database!

I'm certainly no expert, but a broken arm/knee surgery probably would the times you would want an opiate.  My father in law had a bad knee, but instead of having surgery right away, the doctor was all to willing to keep giving out Vicodin.  He was probably on it 2-3 years.  He wasn't doing anything illegal, just asking for them.  He was lucky enough to realize there was a problem and cut himself off.  That was probably more physically taxing for him than the knee pain ever was. 

4 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

They have put me on Vicodin a couple times for surgeries over the years, and I stopped taking them both times after a few days. Didn’t like the logy feeling, and worst of all made me totally constipated. 

I've had Vicodin after surgery too.  It didn't do anything for the pain but just made me tired.

Edited by Archie

5 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

They have put me on Vicodin a couple times for surgeries over the years, and I stopped taking them both times after a few days. Didn’t like the logy feeling, and worst of all made me totally constipated. 

Some thing happened with me when I was prescribed oxycontin after my first knee surgery. I knew nothing about it. I tried it and I still felt as much pain, but I did get constipated, so, net loss. I bailed on it and didn't bother filling prescriptions for it after the next two knee surgeries. Lucky me.