Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

4 hours ago, oblong said:

I have little patience for babies that complain about having to wear a mask all day. My wife’s been doing it since this began while dealing first hand with the idiots and their families. Seriously. Grow the fuck up and get some balls. 

Your wife throws around 600 50-60 pound boxes all day for ten hours like I do? With a mask on and worn properly the whole time? For 50 hours a week, nonstop? I guess your wife does have balls (you said it, not me).

2 hours ago, Fox Wismic said:

https://thenewamerican.com/twitter-deep-sixes-mrna-vax-pioneer-malone-one-too-many-tweets-one-too-many-truths/

He's only the *inventor* of the vax. So he doesn't know as much about it as you guys. Thus, he needs to be cancelled, lest his ignorant opinion oppose yours 😕

If I invented the automatic transmission does that make me the worlds best driver? The clinicians who test a vaccine ultimately have more data about it's use and effect than the guy who designed its manufacturing process. One thing you learn working in a University is how narrow expertise can be. I don't know why this guy is off the reservation wrt vaccine use in children, and as I'm about to catch an airplane I'm not inclined to go down his particular rabbit whole to find out right now, but on general principle, being the inventor of the synthesis in and of itself gives him no particular leg up on the clinicians

5 hours ago, Fox Wismic said:

Your wife throws around 600 50-60 pound boxes all day for ten hours like I do? With a mask on and worn properly the whole time? For 50 hours a week, nonstop? I guess your wife does have balls (you said it, not me).

Yeah. She’s tougher than you. Quit being such a whiney little baby. Her job is harder than yours. I guarantee it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Did you guys get tested because of symptoms or because you were around someone positive or as a precaution?   So many scenarios are playing out. Doc friend told me of families where all have colds and one will test, get a negative, then they all assume negative.  Not quite correct. Can’t rely on a single test for multiple people.  Could have been flawed. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, oblong said:

Did you guys get tested because of symptoms or because you were around someone positive or as a precaution?   So many scenarios are playing out. Doc friend told me of families where all have colds and one will test, get a negative, then they all assume negative.  Not quite correct. Can’t rely on a single test for multiple people.  Could have been flawed. 

yeah - I had caught a cold before we were planning to travel for the holiday so I tested twice to try have some confidence beyond the fact that the symptoms didn't play like COVID, though now with 'O' can't rely on that as much either.

I was at my son's basketball game before Christmas and I over heard parents on the other team talking about COVID. Someone actually brought up the idea of the kids having a COVID party during Christmas break. They wanted their kids to get exposed to a positive kid and quarantine over the holidays so they wouldn't miss any games in January......

25 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I was at my son's basketball game before Christmas and I over heard parents on the other team talking about COVID. Someone actually brought up the idea of the kids having a COVID party during Christmas break. They wanted their kids to get exposed to a positive kid and quarantine over the holidays so they wouldn't miss any games in January......

LOL - parents used to do that in the 50s/60s with ChickenPox.

Ugh, ignored posts still show up in quotes...

That Malone guy was not "THE" inventor of mRNA. He was part of a team involved in its discovery in the 80's and it was tabled for a long time because there were safety issues. There was a breakthrough 15 or so years ago that did away with those safety issues.

Besides, we have how many billion doses of mRNA vaccines out administered now? People would be dropping like flies by now, right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

I guess being a moron never goes out of style.  

My mom did this with us in the 80's.  I'd argue it wasn't moronic, as at the time, the medical community endorsed it.  It was a well known disease and it was well known that catching it younger was better, and having it later in life was much more severe.  We have a vax for that now, so it's changed.   

If onmicron is much less severe for all and gives me more antibodies to deal with the next variant, I want it too.  Long term we don't know as much about this though, so while i'm triple vaxed and not as cautious as I used to be, I'm still going to try and avoid it as long as possible.

30 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Besides, we have how many billion doses of mRNA vaccines out administered now? People would be dropping like flies by now, right?

The various corona virus tests on ferrets and mice gave great initial results. Better than we are seeing from the covid vax. But a year later the results were not so good. We'll see next year.

We do have people getting ill and dying from the vax. They are just being panned or minimized by the pro-vaxxers. I post a list of 75 athletes who have suffered and they find 1-2 who might have suffered/died of other causes so they ignore the other 70+.

95%-100% of professional (and college) athletes are vaxxed, yet they are suffering epidemics of positive cases (but not in deaths, hospitalizations, or illnesses) and are canceling hockey games and Bowl games left and right. WHY?! They are all fully vaxxed. They should have much LESS problem than the rest of us.

12 hours ago, oblong said:

Yeah. She’s tougher than you. Quit being such a whiney little baby. Her job is harder than yours. I guarantee it. 

I work from home, so prior to this week the longest I wore a mask was about 5 hours (entering airport, flying to Seattle, leaving airport, then back again).  My wife spent last night in the hospital due to an allergic reaction (and i'm sure I have covid now from being in the ER, like 100% sure!).

I had a mask on from roughly 9am yesterday until 8am this morning when I went home to shower/change.  Just sat/slept, still horrible.  I give props to anyone that has to wear a mask for an entire shift, especially if they are on their feet/moving/physical.  

6 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

I'd argue it wasn't moronic, as at the time, the medical community endorsed it.  It was a well known disease and it was well known that catching it younger was better, and having it later in life was much more severe.

Population immunity has always been the best way to eradicate a communicable virus. Vaccines can help if they are truly well-developed and tested, not "Project Warp Speed" political stuff. Building up natural immunities is better.

9 minutes ago, Fox Wismic said:

The various corona virus tests on ferrets and mice gave great initial results. Better than we are seeing from the covid vax. But a year later the results were not so good. We'll see next year.

We do have people getting ill and dying from the vax. They are just being panned or minimized by the pro-vaxxers. I post a list of 75 athletes who have suffered and they find 1-2 who might have suffered/died of other causes so they ignore the other 70+.

95%-100% of professional (and college) athletes are vaxxed, yet they are suffering epidemics of positive cases (but not in deaths, hospitalizations, or illnesses) and are canceling hockey games and Bowl games left and right. WHY?! They are all fully vaxxed. They should have much LESS problem than the rest of us.

Every athlete I checked from your website did not die from the vaccine. Examples were Hank Aaron who was 86 years old. For one, he was no longer an athlete, and second an 86 year old dyeing of natural causes is perfectly normal. Next we had a soccer player who suffered a knee injury and had a subsequent surgery. He developed blood clots in his legs and had to take blood thinners. Not vaccine related. The one that really told me this was all a farce was Donald Parham who suffered a head injury live on national TV. Not vaccine related. 

Just now, Fox Wismic said:

Population immunity has always been the best way to eradicate a communicable virus. Vaccines can help if they are truly well-developed and tested, not "Project Warp Speed" political stuff. Building up natural immunities is better.

Yeah, fuck Trump and his Project Warp Speed, just another failure on his belt, amirite?