Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

I don't know what is so bad about Biden other than his age. 

Nothing terrible.  He is just an uninspirational vanilla politician who has gotten too old.  With 330,000,000 million people there should be Obamas running every year.  Politicians are so awful. 

I have had a very slightly sore throat for the last 4 days.  Also a slightly runny nose.   Feeling a little off, but nothing to be worried about.    I would get tested if I didn't have to wait in a 2-3 hour line.    I think I have a mild cold, but who knows.   I work at home for all 3 jobs anyway.  Always at home..........alone........nobody here.........just me............alone.............so alone..............

3 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

I haven't read every post, but the elephant in the room, re: Brown, hasn't been brought up.

It is easy to talk away domestic abuse allegations in a low key Senate race. A Presidential race, where ratfuckers can go further?

Unless you're Trump.  He could do anything he weanted and nobody would care.  There would be something new the next day.  

3 hours ago, buddha said:

theyre definitely grooming buttigieg by putting him in the cabinet and then giving him tons of money to play with and look good.

forgot about whitmer's accent.  she's out.

they'll have to find someone jim clyburn likes, lol.

dont count out tammy duckworth.  asian, veteran, disabled, woman.  check check check.  if she were a lesbian she'd be perfect, lol.

i think she's totally unimpressive but she does hit all the democrat talking points.

These are the things that drive me crazy.  It's not you  Buddha but how the dems think they have to "check the boxes."  Being a female, or gay, asian, hispanic, disabled or whatever does not make a person a good POTUS or even qualified for the job.  Forget about all that crap and give us the best two nominees to fight it out.  If its two gay black females then fine, if its two straight white guys then fine too.  Just give us the best.  I've never understood why the dems feel the need to label and separate everyone.  We are Americans and that is all that matters.

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I have had a very slightly sore throat for the last 4 days.  Also a slightly runny nose.   Feeling a little off, but nothing to be worried about.    I would get tested if I didn't have to wait in a 2-3 hour line.    I think I have a mild cold, but who knows.   I work at home for all 3 jobs anyway.  Always at home..........alone........nobody here.........just me............alone.............so alone..............

LOL. When my kids were young there was a computer game called Lighthouse, a puzzle, mystery type of thing, and at one point you wander into this world full of automatons and various odd devices and there is young female robot named Liryl, and her main line is: "I am alone here, with no one to help me. No pretty stones for Liryl. Nothing but tears, nothing but tears!". The world is sort of broken down so she speaks with little catches in her voice. "I am alone here"  is still a joke between my daughter and me 20 yrs later. 

Along that line you might appreciate this one MC. On 97.1 today Doug Karch was working the early afternoon shift from home solo because he and Scott Anderson had both tested positive. So Doug is talking college football and all of a sudden he is just gone. So about 15 seconds later the guys in the studio realize it and get on the mikes but they haven't been listening and they have no idea what Karch was even talking about so they just riff off in another direction. So Karch finally reconnects after about 3 min and when he comes back they tell him he dropped an hour ago. Had him for a second...

5 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

Good man!  Resist the praw-cess!

Forgot to add that same friend made fun of me because I would watch The National after hockey games.  Loved it. No nonsense.  I don’t watch much on CBC anymore in terms of games but my wife records Working Moms and I still see the commercials for it. 

1 hour ago, Edman85 said:

I haven't read every post, but the elephant in the room, re: Brown, hasn't been brought up.

It is easy to talk away domestic abuse allegations in a low key Senate race. A Presidential race, where ratfuckers can go further?

His ex-wife, who made the allegation 30 some years ago, has took back those claims and even campaigned for him. 

12 hours ago, Archie said:

These are the things that drive me crazy.  It's not you  Buddha but how the dems think they have to "check the boxes."  Being a female, or gay, asian, hispanic, disabled or whatever does not make a person a good POTUS or even qualified for the job.  Forget about all that crap and give us the best two nominees to fight it out.  If its two gay black females then fine, if its two straight white guys then fine too.  Just give us the best.  I've never understood why the dems feel the need to label and separate everyone.  We are Americans and that is all that matters.

Because the GOP has no boxes to check but sweet grouping of words chief

16 minutes ago, pfife said:

Because the GOP has no boxes to check but sweet grouping of words chief

Exactly. The Democratic Party, compared to the GOP, is pretty diverse and ideologically factionalized. When you have that many groups under one tent, each group may have a different definition for "best candidate"

Not sure why Archie doesn't get that... just because I think Jared Polis would be a great candidate doesn't mean other parts of the party think so. Hell, look at the debate over Sherrod Brown... maybe he would be a great candidate, but that's not unanimous here either.

Much different dynamic than the GOP, where the majority polls out as supporting Trump being nominated again.

Edited by mtutiger

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

Exactly. The Democratic Party, compared to the GOP, is pretty diverse and ideologically factionalized. When you have that many groups under one tent, each group may have a different definition for "best candidate"

Not sure why Archie doesn't get that... just because I think Jared Polis would be a great candidate doesn't mean other parts of the party think so. Hell, look at the debate over Sherrod Brown... maybe he would be a great candidate, but that's not unanimous here either.

Much different dynamic than the GOP, where the majority polls out as supporting Trump being nominated again.

they literally kick people off the committees if they don't check the "big lie" box and this dude is here ranting about other people's houses

Yesterday the US had over 800,000 new cases reported and Michigan is also at an all time high of 20,000+.  I'm glad one of BIden's campaign promises was to fix this.  I know if Trump was elected on the same promise you guys would be all over it but I see Biden gets a pass.  On the bright side, Covid saved UM mens basketball a loss today since the game against MSU was postponed or cancelled.  Tom and his team would have ran over them.

11 minutes ago, Archie said:

Yesterday the US had over 800,000 new cases reported and Michigan is also at an all time high of 20,000+.  I'm glad one of BIden's campaign promises was to fix this.  I know if Trump was elected on the same promise you guys would be all over it but I see Biden gets a pass.  On the bright side, Covid saved UM mens basketball a loss today since the game against MSU was postponed or cancelled.  Tom and his team would have ran over them.

Yeah, it is Biden's fault Fox News, Joe Rogan and a bunch of other cranks have been spreading lies about the vaccine to keep the fire going.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Archie said:

According to Trump Jr, the pandemic was going to end the day after the election. Just another stupid lie from an administration that couldn't do anything but lie to their uneducated base;