Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

It's awesome how these clowns are howling about the FBI interfering w/ twitter and thus teh election, when we know Trump was involved in trying to use the DOJ to overrule the vote count and install his own electors.   Page 32-39 of the summary from the Jan 6 Committee.

Every accusation is an admission.

Edited by pfife

On 12/20/2022 at 9:57 AM, pfife said:

C-Span callers are one of my windows into how people with different political views think.... and sometimes it's wild.....

Over the last couple days I've heard these both quite a bit:

1) There's no one on the Jan 6 committee defending Trump so it's biased.

2) Why was Ray Epps not brought in?

Facts:

1) Trump was literally subpoenaed by the committee and refused , as did many people who could also defend Trump.  Not to mention that Kevin McCarthy tanked a version of the committee that would have had 50/50 representation across parties.

2) Ray Epps was brought in.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/jan-6-committee-dismisses-ray-epps-conspiracy-theory-issues-new-n1287335

And now with regard to no one defending Trump with the committee, we now see transcripts of dozens of Trump allies being interviewed and deposed, and instead of choosing to defend Trump, they chose to take the Fifth.

I remember ppl like Stan and Arch always saying Trump didn't take a salary while president.... which of course was known falsity at the time:  he was taking a salary and then donating it, oftentimes showing the donation check as "proof".

Social media is telling me his taxes are showing.... you guessed it... never donated.

52 minutes ago, pfife said:

I remember ppl like Stan and Arch always saying Trump didn't take a salary while president.... which of course was known falsity at the time:  he was taking a salary and then donating it, oftentimes showing the donation check as "proof".

Social media is telling me his taxes are showing.... you guessed it... never donated.

I had assumed he was "donating" his salary to some fakety-fake hastily-registered P.O.-box-type 501(c)(3) that got funneled back into his pocket.

So 28 Republicans voted against a bill that would protect child sex abuse victims.   Its basically to ensure the FBI brings in experts to help investigate and inform victims of their rights.   It might have prevented some of Larry Nassar's later victims.   This was a pretty wide-ranging bipartisan bill that 28 reps just couldn't support.   You know, protecting children.   Why?   Does anyone know why? 

It's the usual suspects.  Greene,  Boebert, Mo Brooks, Louie Gohmert.   You know, the dumbfucks. 

But why?    Is it only because Biden would support and sign it? 

Edited by Motor City Sonics

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

So 28 Republicans voted against a bill that would protect child sex abuse victims.   This was a pretty wide-ranging bipartisan bill that 28 reps just couldn't support.   You know, protecting children.   Why?   Does anyone know why? 

It's the usual suspects.  Greene,  Boebert, Mo Brooks, Louie Gohmert.   You know, the dumbfucks. 

But why?    Is it only because Biden would support and sign it? 

Maybe it's because they need it to remain a live, unsolvable issue so they can continue to shoot arrows at Democrats over it? Because once it gets solved, that arrow disappears from their quiver, and then they'd have to elevate some other easy and reliable garbage issue to animate their low-information base with in its place.

10 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Maybe it's because they need it to remain a live, unsolvable issue so they can continue to shoot arrows at Democrats over it? Because once it gets solved, that arrow disappears from their quiver, and then they'd have to elevate some other easy and reliable garbage issue to animate their low-information base with in its place.

I hope someone flat-out asks them..............I am sure none of them will give an answer, but they should.  In fact it should be required in all bills whether they vote Yay or Nay, why they voted the way they did.  They owe that to the voters. 

2 hours ago, pfife said:

Even if he had donated, it wouldn't have mattered because tax payers still paid him tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars for trips he and his staff made to his golf courses, resorts and hotels all throughout his presidency.  His whole presidency was just another money making scam and he's still at it.  

If we could go back to the old site you would see that very early in his administration that I said he'd use the military to stay in office............and he actually tried.     If we had weak-willed loyalists in certain positions he would have done it.  Thank goodness people followed their oath and stood up to him.     He needs to be in jail, but we know that will never happen.  

I think Republicans, in general and in secret, would LOVE to see him go to jail because it would prevent him from fucking up 2024 and they could use his jailing to attack democrats by saying it was all just political.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Even if he had donated, it wouldn't have mattered because tax payers still paid him tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars for trips he and his staff made to his golf courses, resorts and hotels all throughout his presidency.  His whole presidency was just another money making scam and he's still at it.  

definitely.

10 hours ago, romad1 said:

The FBI needs to arrest Abbott on human trafficking or whatever the appropriate charge would be.  These stunts have to end.

The inherent cruelty and indifference of this action is frightening.  
If you treated an animal this way, you’d be arrested and shunned by your community.

Yet, these perpetrators of these acts are applauded by many …( and funded by every damn citizen of the state these buses leave from - whether they actually would approve of such expenditures or not).

Time for the “every man” from these states to tell their respective governors this is NOT a solution. 
And, I am NOT saying that there doesn’t NEED to be a much better federal plan in place to address these states’ issues, but by all that is holy, stop treating these HUMAN BEINGS like boardgame pieces.

It’s plain old sinful and disgusting.

• Like 1