Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

So, waking up to Holocaust Remembrance Day on the tv.    Was just struck by the interesting and terrifying detail from a podcast I had just heard that the famous arbeit mach frei portal was put there along with the extension of the rail line into Auschwitz from the rail station some distance away in May 1944.  The Final Solution had been in full swing since 1942.   The Nazi regime had just invaded their ostensible ally Hungary in March 1944 -- who had until then had resisted handing over to them their Jewish citizens -- with a goal being the elimination of Hungary's Jews.

So, the rail line is extended because otherwise the Nazis have to carefully march the camp's new arrivals several hundred meters from the rail station with all their worldly possessions.

The portal with the "work makes you free"  is constructed to give the ones who are clinging to the idea that this is a labor camp one more euphemism to cling to.

all with the goal of murdering a population of people who could have been warned. 

Some estimates are that 800,000 Jews at the start of WWII with some 600,000 who died.  Some 400,000 were murdered in the period May to July 1944.

By 9 July 1944, 434,351 Jews in 147 trains had been deported, according to László Ferenczy of the Hungarian Royal Gendarmerie. According to Edmund Veesenmayer, the Reich plenipotentiary in Hungary, the figure was 437,402.[b][c] About 80 percent of deportees were gassed on arrival.[6] Because the crematoria were unable to cope with the number of corpses, pits were dug where bodies were burned. Photographs taken at Auschwitz (the Auschwitz Album) were found after the war showing the arrival of the Hungarian Jews at the camp.[20]

The 20 percent who were not murdered were used as slave labor and used in medical experiments.

Yes it matters that (y)our racist uncles or coworkers are allowed to be idiotic racists.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Owning the libs by *checks notes* air frying Wagyu beef....

Dammit, Kenji deleted his twitter account. He had some great zingers mocking air friers.

I got one as a gift a few years ago, really the only thing it was good for was broccoli. It died a couple months ago, and I really don't want to replace it.

2 minutes ago, oblong said:

My wife uses ours a lot.  My only problem is the space isn't big enough and I hate cleaning it.  The ridges in the plate tears up our scrubber thing.

I'm a dinosaur.

so if you put a piece of meat on rack in a convection oven at 425 would it come out any differently than air 'fryer' would do it? 

I wish I could share with this forum the pure joy the Hausfrau had with the Comptroller General's responses to MTG's bizonkers questioning yesterday.   She's up there talking nonsense and he's a pure technocrat who bleeds and lives by clean government.  That was an immovable object being hit by an object directed by pure misinformation. 

You'll see the stories if you watch for them today about:

• Drag Queen story hour being misheard by him as Dry Clean
  • CRT being taught at a school in Chicago which was given $5.1B for the purpose

My wife works with the CG so she knows he actually had no idea what MTG was talking about and was up there to talk with professionals about professional matters.

Cross-fit gym ownership does not prepare one for public policy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, romad1 said:

I wish I could share with this forum the pure joy the Hausfrau had with the Comptroller General's responses to MTG's bizonkers questioning yesterday.   She's up there talking nonsense and he's a pure technocrat who bleeds and lives by clean government.  That was an immovable object being hit by an object directed by pure misinformation. 

You'll see the stories if you watch for them today about:

• Drag Queen story hour being misheard by him as Dry Clean
  • CRT being taught at a school in Chicago which was given $5.1B for the purpose

My wife works with the CG so she knows he actually had no idea what MTG was talking about and was up there to talk with professionals about professional matters.

Cross-fit gym ownership does not prepare one for public policy.

5 billion for one elementary school! 😱

• Like 1

Just got an email from Nancy Pelosi saying that if Diane Feinstein is retired to the pet farm upstate that her pick for the US Senate seat is Adam Schiff.   That will enrage the slackjawed haters who think he shouldn't be on a committee because he was mean to the former guy. 

I don't know how denying a liquor license for having a Drag Show is the least bit Constitutional.   That hatey shit didn't play in the 2022 elections and it won't play in 2024. 

STOP FUCKING HATING ON PEOPLE YOU DON'T LIKE AND HAVE A FUCKING PLAN FOR SOMETHING.........ANYTHING THAT MAKES SENSE.    OWN THE LIBS is not a platform.   Not a successful one anyway.  

I saw a report stating we were able jam any additional intelligence.  I’m not going to completely buy that, but I’m not going to write that off either.  I’d like to think we could/should have taken care of it before it got over land if that’s the real reason why it wasn’t shut down earlier.