Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

13 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

So, do we get to vote on our preferred demonization? Or do our Charismatic Overlords construct idols for us to worship 

Religion is a fine thing in moderation.  Having spent two decades fighting religious violence from adherents of monotheistic hive mind, i cannot abide Flynn's sort of Christian Jihad assholery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/13/2021 at 6:37 PM, Tiger337 said:

I am not at all convinced that gun ownership makes one less likely to be killed or seriously injured in a violent crime.  I think it makes it more likely.   

Yes, because the #1 correlation to high gun violence rates is the very availability of guns.

2 hours ago, Archie said:

You guys sure have drank the kool-aid on the insurection conspiracy theory. You really think they were people in centers directing it?  

I think it was poorly organized like everything Trumpers do, but  it was clearly known that something was going to happen long before January 6.   How do you think it went down and why do you think Trump tweeted about it weeks before it happened? 

55 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I think it was poorly organized like everything Trumpers do, but  it was clearly known that something was going to happen long before January 6.   How do you think it went down and why do you think Trump tweeted about it weeks before it happened? 

It would also appear that the protest on the state capitol in Michigan in April was a trial run.

I also can't help but think back to when those Trumpers tried to run Kamala Harris' bus off the freeway in Texas. It was just shrugged aside. 

3 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

It would also appear that the protest on the state capitol in Michigan in April was a trial run.

I also can't help but think back to when those Trumpers tried to run Kamala Harris' bus off the freeway in Texas. It was just shrugged aside. 

There are right wing extremist para-military groups that fantasize about this stuff all the time and getting the president and a few of his slappies to go along with it was a wet dream come true.  I doubt there was any plan to do any serious damage because they easily could have done a lot more if they wanted.  This one was also a trial run in that they are always practicing this stuff and it finally got real.  They'd love to do it again, but I don't know if there is any long-term plan.

I think it's a matter of how far their leaders will allow them to go.  It kind of goes both ways though.  Trump will go as far as he needs to go get attention, admiration and money.  If enough of his supporters realistically start to think that a Civil War is a good idea, Trump will want to be the hero that makes it happen.  He's got no plan though.  He makes stuff up as he goes along.  

Edited by Tiger337

7 hours ago, Archie said:

You guys sure have drank the kool-aid on the insurection conspiracy theory. You really think they were people in centers directing it?  

Let me just quote myself.  There was no trial run either.  We may have different opinions on politics but you guys are smarter than this!