Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

4 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

And he appears to have reached his level of imcompetence as well. Musk has been involved with a number of businesses but they were all arms length from their customers in an important way. You sell a Tesla, the customer basically drives off - they don't continue to interact with the company in the use of the product. You made a paypal purchase it was nothing more than a computer widget to the user - use it and put it down till next time. SpaceX doesn't even have 'public' customers in any meaninful sense. Twitter appears to be the first time he's been involved in business that is customer rather than product driven, and he seems to have no clue how to manage a customer base on a ongoing basis.

In my experience in researching EVs to buy, he was very much intertwined with the customer experience and people bought Teslas because of him. It was all about his vision to save the world and he is the single greatest thing to happen to humanity. I am not being hyperbolic. You go into the Tesla circles and this is what people were saying. They ignored all the build quality issues. They ignored the fact they paid $10,000 for a product in 2016 that still hasn't been delivered. It was all their faith in Elon Musk. I had never seen anything like it. I literally felt like if I were to buy a Tesla I would be buying into a cult. It's why Tesla has no PR or advertising. His cult does it for him. I think his purchase of Twitter was the pulling of the curtain on The Wizard of Oz and he is being exposed as not being so brilliant and also a right wing extremist. 

2 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

Elmo now says he has fixed the problem! the guy is a genius!

There will be no more "state owned media" Twitter accounts, after authoritarians told him no Tesla sales if that continues

I look forward to all those concerned about China from the right coming out and expressing their anger toward Elon. 

Although I will not be holding my breath

I know this doesn't make sense but i have a friend who agrees with me... my beer doesn't taste the same when I have the can in a koozie.  It's surely a mental game where the width of the can changes so my mind thinks it's something else.  I don't use them as a result.  Besides I'm usually on a beach if I have a need for one and at that point I'm drinking a Yuengling so cold isn't a requirement because they go down so fast.

29 minutes ago, oblong said:

I know this doesn't make sense but i have a friend who agrees with me... my beer doesn't taste the same when I have the can in a koozie.  It's surely a mental game where the width of the can changes so my mind thinks it's something else.  I don't use them as a result.  Besides I'm usually on a beach if I have a need for one and at that point I'm drinking a Yuengling so cold isn't a requirement because they go down so fast.

I mean...we've seen the video so we know how fast it goes down.   :--)

• Like 1

Won't Cruz just say that he's carrying out his job as a Senator based on doubts on the validity of the election?   They will argue their vote isn't ceremonial and if they think the vote wasn't valid then they are allowed to do that.  Otherwise why else do we let Congress do this?

yeah that will play well with the rest of the country.

How conservative.  How after a corporation for expression.  Their court clearly and explicitly told us corporations have free speech rights so I'll eagerly wait for Alito's pretzel logic when he eventually rules against Disney somehow in this.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, oblong said:

yeah that will play well with the rest of the country.

How conservative.  How after a corporation for expression.  Their court clearly and explicitly told us corporations have free speech rights so I'll eagerly wait for Alito's pretzel logic when he eventually rules against Disney somehow in this.

you know the funny thing, on a level playing field I bet the Disney lawyers are better at the law than this half-baked group of GOP SCOTUS apparatchiks. Sady the other side will get to make it up as they go.

1 hour ago, pfife said:

As a space junkie this is awkward. I was excited for this launch. But seeing Elon there in the control room… and it seems they’ve caused quite a few issues for people around TX.  I wish he wasn’t a part of it. 

• Like 1