Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

4 hours ago, Archie said:

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-russia-probe-durham-report/index.html

He also said the FBI had no reason to launch the investigation. That confirms it was a political witch hunt. The FBI should not be a political organization and investigate real crimes like the 51 intel officials that interfered with the last election by lying about Biden laptop

Durham hoax

53 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Baseball bats are made to hit baseballs and someone used it incorrectly.   Guns are made to kill people and automatic guns are used to kill as many as possible as quickly as possible and they are being used correctly and that's the problem. 

Automatic guns??? Who is using an automatic firearm also known as a machine gun?  Do you know the process to purchase an automatic firearm and how long it takes?  Do you know how much one costs? Do you know you can't buy a new one and it has to have been registered before May 1986?  You should do some research before posting something 100% false.  But then again 90% of the posts in the political section are false so your buds here will give you an attaboy.

6 minutes ago, Archie said:

Automatic guns??? Who is using an automatic firearm also known as a machine gun?  Do you know the process to purchase an automatic firearm and how long it takes?  Do you know how much one costs? Do you know you can't buy a new one and it has to have been registered before May 1986?  You should do some research before posting something 100% false.  But then again 90% of the posts in the political section are false so your buds here will give you an attaboy.

You believe the Durham hoax though LOL

17 minutes ago, Archie said:

Automatic semi-automatic. mIni-automatic.  Whatever. I am not interested in that kind of deflection.  Whatever you want to call the, they are designed to kill people and many people at the same time.  And people like you don't give a **** about all the mass killings.  That is barbaric.  

• Thanks 1

Are lunatics only on the right?

I had a twitter exchange yesterday where somebody found my tweet where I said I left Mayor blank and claimed that was a vote for the Republican and called me sexist for telling her she was wrong.

Anyways, the dem runs an iffy breast cancer charity, former news anchor, and I know somebody who has known her for 30+ years who has repeatedly, even before she started running for office, told stories of how terrible of a person she is. I couldn't, in good conscience, vote for her.

2 hours ago, Edman85 said:

Are lunatics only on the right?

I had a twitter exchange yesterday where somebody found my tweet where I said I left Mayor blank and claimed that was a vote for the Republican and called me sexist for telling her she was wrong.

Anyways, the dem runs an iffy breast cancer charity, former news anchor, and I know somebody who has known her for 30+ years who has repeatedly, even before she started running for office, told stories of how terrible of a person she is. I couldn't, in good conscience, vote for her.

Kari Lake was trying to be an fact-abhorring, self-obsessive sociopathic climber on the Dem side before she was trying to do it on the GOP side. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

What he didn't tell anyone is that semi-automatics can be turned into an automatic with a bump stock and bump stocks sold like hotcakes when Trump was in power.

Sorry but that is false.  A semi-automatic fires one cartridge or bullet with every pull of the trigger. A bump stock does not change that.  Do you have any data to show sales figures of bump stocks because I couldn’t find any.  Me thinks that is your Trump hatred shining through and you’re trying to pile more bad info on.

Just now, Archie said:

I have to compliment you for going against the party line and speaking the truth.  

I don't belong to a party and never will.  I distrust all high level politicians.  I am just more in line with the stuff the Democrats pretend to care about versus the stuff that the Republicans pretend to care about. 

• Like 2

In the UM-Dearborn History "department" in the 1991-1993 time when I attended  (i think it was just the College of Arts Sciences and Lit which had a hallway for some history classrooms).  they had a mural with important historical documents for our democracy.  It was nice stuff to set one's spirt's soaring.   So, one document was the declaration of Independence, another the preamble of the Constitution, another the Emancipation Proclamation.   One of them was Eisenhower's letter to the troops setting forth for D-Day.  Another General McCaulif of the 101st Airborne's response to the Nazi's surrender demands in the siege of Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge.   I'm sure there were all sorts of others i don't need to recall here. 

This one belongs on that mural if I retrospectively return to that mural in my mind. 

5ffe296a8ca95.image.jpg?resize=500%2C647

Edited by romad1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What does bump stocks mean?

Bump stocks or bump fire stocks are gun stocks that can be used to assist in bump firing. Bump firing is the act of using the recoil of a semi-automatic firearm to fire ammunition cartridges in rapid succession.

In effect, changing the actions of a semi-automatic into automatic firing actions.