Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

To continue the thought - I think in this polarized environment, it might be more important to advertise to your own side to vote. If the last cycles were any indication, there are more votes at play by driving your own turnout than there are available by moving people from one side to the other. GOP 'fear' ads work mostly to this end. Not sure what a corresponding approach for the less fear oriented Dem voter is though....

Edited by gehringer_2

Chris Christie is getting 9 percent in NH polling.  Why this is important.  It gets him in the debates on the big stage.  So long as he is able to navigate the loyalty pledge with some sort of mumbled nonsensical lie about supporting the nominee even if he is convicted of Espionage. 

why does it matter that he is on the debate stage?  He's the retribution of the system GOP who are repulsed by Trump.  

Edited by romad1

8 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Chris Christie is getting 9 percent in NH polling.  Why this is important.  It gets him in the debates on the big stage.  So long as he is able to navigate the loyalty pledge with some sort of mumbled nonsensical lie about supporting the nominee even if he is convicted of Espionage. 

why does it matter that he is on the debate stage?  He's the retribution of the system GOP who are repulsed by Trump.  

and ftr, he's a jackass i would never vote for.  But, even though he's a jerk. I still want to see him land haymakers on Trump. 

7 minutes ago, romad1 said:

and ftr, he's a jackass i would never vote for.  But, even though he's a jerk. I still want to see him land haymakers on Trump. 

I want it to turn into a WWF style brawl complete with bloody heads and razor blades. 

I would just hope that Christie unveils Trump as the coward he’s always been. This time with no skirts to cower behind.

It won’t matter to his MEGA’s though…

1 minute ago, CMRivdogs said:

I want it to turn into a WWF style brawl complete with bloody heads and razor blades. 

I would just hope that Christie unveils Trump as the coward he’s always been. This time with no skirts to cower behind.

He won't hesitate to bring up Jared's $2B from Saudi.  That will bother Trump so much.   Trump will be agitated because he's not the one who got that money.   Trump will say something like: "at least I got $4B from Kim Jong Un!" 

8 hours ago, oblong said:

they can make a great ad.... but it won't have an effect. 

I wager that if you held an election today that the results would be within .09 % difference regardless of who the R nominee will eventually be in 2024.

Billions will be spent for nothing.  None of the old rules apply anymore. The "sport" of election forecasting and figuring out who's winning and losing, what things worked, didn't work... is over.  It doesn't exist anymore.

CUT to Advertisement:

(a Trump look-alike) In Orange, behind bars, pacing back and forth screaming at the top of his lungs: "Let me out of here! I AM the President of the United States, I don't give a CRAP who you voted for! I'm the best President in the HISTORY of all presidents. I have the plan for America, NOT Sleepy Joe Biden!  I'm going to ATTACK Iran to get their oil because they are bad, very bad guys! I'll end the war in Ukraine in 24 hours by giving it to Russia! I'm going to deport anyone I don't like to Siberia! Anyone getting an abortion should be EXECUTED! I'M the DICTATOR, GET ME THE F..." cut to black. A map of America... goes up in flames.

1 minute ago, 1984Echoes said:

CUT to Advertisement:

(a Trump look-alike) In Orange, behind bars, pacing back and forth screaming at the top of his lungs: "Let me out of here! I AM the President of the United States, I don't give a CRAP who you voted for! I'm the best President in the HISTORY of all presidents. I have the plan for America, NOT Sleepy Joe Biden!  I'm going to ATTACK Iran to get their oil because they are bad, very bad guys! I'll end the war in Ukraine in 24 hours by giving it to Russia! I'm going to deport anyone I don't like to Siberia! Anyone getting an abortion should be EXECUTED! I'M the DICTATOR, GET ME THE F..." cut to black. A map of America... goes up in flames.

Works for me.

Does anyone remember the "conversations" between Obama and Trump that made it to youtube I think?

The brainless F'ing moron "Trump" asking "Obama" how to run the country... they were absolutely hilarious.

I think a whole stream of skits/ ads with Trump behind bars would: (A) Excoriate him. (B) Make him look like an absolute joke. (C) Get ALL the independents to vote straight Dem.

He'd still have a chance anyways, with the EC.

Edited by 1984Echoes

49 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Does anyone remember the "conversations" between Obama and Trump that made it to youtube I think?

The brainless F'ing moron "Trump" asking "Obama" how to run the country... they were absolutely hilarious.

I think a whole stream of skits/ ads with Trump behind bars would: (A) Excoriate him. (B) Make him look like an absolute joke. (C) Get ALL the independents to vote straight Dem.

He'd still have a chance anyways, with the EC.

but what about the drag queens that are killing so many people? 

6 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

What I really want is some tough guy to run for president, get into the debates and tell the truth about Trump no holds barred.  Then when Trump starts insulting him, this guy goes over and punches him in the face.  pay per view!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

Trump will not be participating in any debates this election cycle .

He has no reason to.  He will never do it.

Those who think he will are in a fantasy world. 

And I wouldn’t be surprised if the RNC gives in and decides they won’t have debates. 

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

You said that the last and you lost a bet!

But, Lee, there were no Republican primary candidate debate that Trump attended in 2020. There were three debates, and he was absent from all three.

edit to add :  I don’t even think he’ll accept any invitation to participate in the actual presidential debates this time around, either.

IMG_3162.png

IMG_3161.png

Just now, smr-nj said:

But, Lee, there were no Republican primary candidate debate that Trump attended in 2020. There were three debates, and he was absent from all three.

IMG_3162.png

IMG_3161.png

You offered a bet to me that he would not debate Biden. He skipped one debate with Biden, but he did do that infamous debate where he would not shut up.  I did not accept your bet though, so you don't owe me anything! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

You offered a bet to me that he would not debate Biden. He skipped one debate with Biden, but he did do that infamous debate where he would not shut up.  I did not accept your bet though, so you don't owe me anything! 

Lol. 
all right, Lee, double (nothing) or nothing for 2024! Hahaha.  I say again that he won’t debate Biden this time around. Who’s going to even bother to try to set one up? 

I know that we’d all like to see in the Republican primary debate at the very least, some candidates, just taking the truth pill, and let it rip against Donald Trump.(whether he’s on stage and participating in the debate, or not).

But other than Christie, on that stage, no one else will. And while it might be amusing to watch that, it won’t mean a damn thing. 

7 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

Christie is a clown but you have to give him credit, he has the stones to risk extreme harm for himself.  I hope there aren't any debates in Montana.

I listened to the Hacks on Tap podcast the other day and they marveled at his ability to debate.  Basically, his native Jerseyness. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, smr-nj said:

Trump will not be participating in any debates this election cycle .

He has no reason to.  He will never do it.

Those who think he will are in a fantasy world. 

That’s what I thought in 2020: no way Trump will debate because he doesn’t need to. But he thought he should be on camera eviscerating Sleepy Joe. Didn’t work out so great for him, as it’s being used as evidence against him for Jan 6. Now he knows better.

13 hours ago, chasfh said:

Now he knows better.

I don't know whether he'll debate or not, but anything he does won't be because he knows better.  His decision to debate or not debate will be based on emotion.  He'll arrogantly say he doesn't to debate,  but could very easily jump in if he feels he is not getting enough attention or feels a need to bully someone.