Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

2 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I see MAGAs complaining about Juneteenth on Twitter.  You should never complain about a day off.  Enjoy it! 

I said that the same thing when the left complained about Columbus day.  

A certain former president who is under indictment had a Juneteenth holiday proposal in his 2020 platform. Just sayin...

42 minutes ago, oblong said:

Not lying... I've heard we shouldn't have Juneteenth because "they already have MLK Jr Day"

Some lady on our neighborhood page, when someome posted a reminder that there would be no mail "It's called the 4th of July.  Honor your country"

Imagine now that you are in the South and the entire concept of the holiday is a stain on the honor of your relations who died at whatever Civil War battlefield defending tyranny....those folks have a lot of chances to screw up what this means given all the copium that their side has had to swallow since 1865. 

Just now, romad1 said:

Imagine now that you are in the South and the entire concept of the holiday is a stain on the honor of your relations who died at whatever Civil War battlefield defending tyranny....those folks have a lot of chances to screw up what this means given all the copium that their side has had to swallow since 1865. 

We are lucky Germany had a much more thorough Reconstruction after WWII.

26 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

The strange thing is most people (even today) don't know what Juneteenth means or stands for. Those same people still think Columbus was a "Good guy" and is now being drug through the mud because of woke stuff.

I had some coworkers go on a trip today for work and i pointed out the irony of having to work on the day that celebrated the end of slavery. 

at our DEI meeting last year on this topic some of our colleagues from TX pointed out how this was nothing new and they'd learned about in school their whole lives.

I didn't know about it until maybe 6 or 7 years ago.  was at a game on the 19th and my buddy said "Oh, today's Juneteenth" and I thought he was goofing around and making it up.

2 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

But something, something, transvestites reading to our kids, something something woke liberals and library books..

Isn't a political favor at the state level worth a lot more than sex? I mean I don't really know the market for either but I'd think tens of thousands versus hundreds or something like that. If true this is not only corruption but bad corruption. 

1 hour ago, HighOPS said:

Isn't a political favor at the state level worth a lot more than sex? I mean I don't really know the market for either but I'd think tens of thousands versus hundreds or something like that. If true this is not only corruption but bad corruption. 

When you're Tim Moore, you probably have a difficult time getting any, so the value goes up.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

When you're Tim Moore, you probably have a difficult time getting any, so the value goes up.  

As much fun as it is, this story apparently is coming from a divorce proceding, so red flags, grains of salt, and more may be warranted.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jz68 said:

MAGA world is melting down over Hunter's "deal".  Of course they are totally ignoring the fact that this entire investigation was being led by a Trump appointee and was opened 5 years ago.  

And the fact that he... you know... cooperated. I'm sure Smith would make a deal with Trump.