Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

Oooh,  good one Kennedy.    Way to hang onto useless relevance with such a zinger.    Sucj Burn.   People are losing everything to flood waters, but yeah, lets make jokes while it's still happening.    Hey, lets go to the children's cancer ward and make bald jokes.   That'll split some sides.  Hardy-Har.    There is a word I would call you here, but it would be an insult to female dogs everywhere to compare you to them.     

I actually had an interaction with Kennedy in the 90s and she's a goddamned weirdo - and not in the fun Flo from Progressive way.  

Where's the Obama Tornado Machine references, Fox............you're slippin'   And why would they point it at California with all their gay chinese mexican liberalism and taco trucks on every corner?     

“The wrath of Tropical Storm Hilary. Forty-two million desperate souls in the path of the storm, which made landfall in Mexico several hours ago. But they let it right into the country because it’s Biden’s America,” she said.

Although most people will accept that Kennedy was just making an awful immigration joke, the anti-Trump website Meidas Touch noted that “a good number of MAGA Republican weather modification conspiracy theorists could have taken Fox News’ reporting a different way.” It added, “Let’s just say the Jewish Space Laser crowd eats this stuff up.”

Not surprisingly, Kennedy’s comments attracted a deluge of comments from users on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter.

Vivek might be more disgusting than even Trump.  With Trump you know what he is and he'll never be anything else.  Vivek is so devoid of any moral compass that he'll say anything he needs to in order to suck up to the people he's trying to win over.   

14 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

TB: In Chrome, when you hit "embed post", manually copy the link it puts on the top of the page labeled "What would you like to embed"

and paste that into here as plain test, and voila!

Thanks! I think my issue is using Safari from my iPhone. Worked fine until things switched to X

29 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Thanks! I think my issue is using Safari from my iPhone. Worked fine until things switched to X

from what I (an Android user) can tell from other people's reports, the iOS twixter app is using x.com instead of twitter.com when sharing links, and this forum software doesn't know to embed x.com links. what you can do is paste the link, change 'x.com' to 'twitter.com', select the changed link, cut it, and paste it back in (it seems you need to paste to trigger the embedding). that should do the trick.

33 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

from what I (an Android user) can tell from other people's reports, the iOS twixter app is using x.com instead of twitter.com when sharing links, and this forum software doesn't know to embed x.com links. what you can do is paste the link, change 'x.com' to 'twitter.com', select the changed link, cut it, and paste it back in (it seems you need to paste to trigger the embedding). that should do the trick.

Testing

https://twitter.com/pitchingninja/status/1575123279190302725?s=46&t=3ctbOgSCV364nyjksmSu5g

Edit: Dangit 

Edited by Tigerbomb13
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

ohhh, I see what happened. ok, let's try again, but this time with more annoying steps. it may actually be worth posting in the Q&A forum to see if MWG can update the forum software to a version that embeds x.com links (which may or may not be available yet), because this is crossing well into "hardly worth it" territory. but I'll post instructions for completeness, because me.

paste the link in your post. place the cursor anywhere in the link and tap the "link" icon in the tool bar. you'll get a popup link editor, and in that, change the URL in either field from x.com to twitter.com. select and copy the whole link you've changed, then click the "remove link" button. the entire x.com link in your post should be selected at this point, so you should be able to just delete it or paste over it or something—I don't know how iOS text editing works.