Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

21 hours ago, romad1 said:

Like me, his views on collective security, the rule of Law, and limited government remain his views.  The party has changed.  The democrats are gooder on the first two but not the last. 

I'd argue they're better on limited government as well.

1 hour ago, pfife said:

I'd argue they're better on limited government as well.

The government shutdowns have got to stop.   The correct answer is to actually shut down the government next time and not do ANYTHING until the budget is approved.   No SS checks.  No government payment to keep hospitals in rural america open.  No F-22s flying over the Taiwan strait.  No missile silos manned.  No Post Offices in bumflurg, redstate USA.  NADA.  The government is too big you say?  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, romad1 said:

The government shutdowns have got to stop.   The correct answer is to actually shut down the government next time and not do ANYTHING until the budget is approved.   No SS checks.  No government payment to keep hospitals in rural america open.  No F-22s flying over the Taiwan strait.  No missile silos manned.  No Post Offices in bumflurg, redstate USA.  NADA.  The government is too big you say?  

It's ironic that they say it's mostly the older generation that supports the GOP, but the Dems never have the heart to cut off SS payments. If they did it would be over in 5 min.

28 minutes ago, pfife said:

I don't understand why we shouldn't care that she was vaping in the theater - that's some bull**** behavior from a purported leader.

I assume that is illegal, so I guess we should care even though political leaders don't seem to care about following laws much.  

1 hour ago, MIguy said:

Fetterman should not be dressing like a homeless dude who just raided the Goodwill dumpster.  I get it, I don't feel comfortable all dressed up either, but it is just unacceptable this dude is walking around the halls of Congress looking like that.  

To me, the difference is that the way Fetterman dresses is not a hypocritical betrayal of the way one purports to govern. It merely offends sensibilities. If I’m with the guy, I could live with that.

14 minutes ago, chasfh said:

To me, the difference is that the way Fetterman dresses is not a hypocritical betrayal of the way one purports to govern. It merely offends sensibilities. If I’m with the guy, I could live with that.

Right. It’s like a pro life member of congress having or paying for an abortion compared to a member of congress who wants to wear a hat.  The two things are not comparable and it’s just silly for Silver to do such a thing. That guy has lost his marbles. 

8 hours ago, MIguy said:

Taking everything else out of the equation and talking only about Fetterman, nobody should be okay with him dressing like a slob in Congress.  Have a little damn respect for the office you hold.  

I get what you're saying but I feel the same way about folks who show up at the airport dressed like they've just finished yard work. Practically no one shows any decorum any more.

Why should Fetterman be any different.

9 hours ago, MIguy said:

Taking everything else out of the equation and talking only about Fetterman, nobody should be okay with him dressing like a slob in Congress.  Have a little damn respect for the office you hold.  

8 hours ago, pfife said:

I get what you're saying but honestly the senate really sucks and doesn't deserve a whole ton of respect.

Both can be right here.