Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

3 hours ago, ewsieg said:

Give her some credit for learning that she can introduce a bill.  baby steps.

I can't imagine what it would take for me to give her credit for being an honest actor in Congress, meaning, someone who wants to do a good job legislating on behalf of the American people. She is nearly the complete opposite of that.

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

I can't imagine what it would take for me to give her credit for being an honest actor in Congress, meaning, someone who wants to do a good job legislating on behalf of the American people. She is nearly the complete opposite of that.

See, you're not being fair.  You claim she doesn't act like an adult and then you try and compare her other adults.  Just a few months ago she was playing with crayons and putting posters outside her office to mock her fellow constituents.  This is a big deal for her, regardless of how stupid the bill itself is!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Why do the Republicans hate Fauci so much?  i mean they seem to hate him even more than Obama.  Is it just because he didn't kiss King Donald's ass?

Because he stands as a contradiction to their narrative of received truth, which means he is a treat to the value system - that is the deepest kind of threat so he is the worst kind of enemy. Look at it in religious terms and it's clear Fauci is the most dangerous kind of heretic. You have to hammer hardest the preachers of the truths you demand be denied.

Edited by gehringer_2

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Because he stands as a contradiction to their narrative of received truth, which means he is a treat to the value system - that is the deepest kind of threat so he is the worst kind of enemy. Look at it in religious terms and it's clear Fauci is the most dangerous kind of heretic. You have to hammer hardest the preachers of the truths you demand be denied.

What you say is true for a portion of that party, but it's not the feeling for all.  Part of it is how the media treats it.  Fauci supported Trump's travel bans, but the media didn't talk about that.  Instead, Trump was a xenophobe.  Fauci stated testing was the key to reopening travel.  We now have vaccines AND testing, but Fauci is supporting Biden's worthless travel ban (everyone is convinced Omnicron is here, and the process in place to deal with it won't keep it out).  

Add in the lies about gain of function, which even if nothing leaked from the lab, doesn't make me fuzzy inside about Fauci deciding to lie about it.  

But… comparisons to Mengele?(sp) 

The fact that absolutely nobody on the GOP side of the aisle decided - “perhaps I should step up and say that is a horrible comparison to make is in no way fair or reasonable.”

It’s also dangerous. Just how big of a target do you want on this man’s forehead for someone to shoot and kill him. I’m disgusted. Totally disgusted.

18 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

But… comparisons to Mengele?(sp) 

The fact that absolutely nobody on the GOP side of the aisle decided - “perhaps I should step up and say that is a horrible comparison to make is in no way fair or reasonable.”

It’s also dangerous. Just how big of a target do you want on this man’s forehead for someone to shoot and kill him. I’m disgusted. Totally disgusted.

on the first day of Hannukuh no less.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ewsieg said:

Add in the lies about gain of function, which even if nothing leaked from the lab, doesn't make me fuzzy inside about Fauci deciding to lie about it.  

I really don't think whatever mistakes he may have made are the core of it though, it's that he has been the most visible spokesmen for the whole evidence based/empirical approach to the world, even more so than any of the Dem pols, who like all pols tend to like to pick and choose their facts at least a bit. :classic_wink:

Fauci is the today's apotheosis for the Scientific method and a technocratic ethic. If you a Christian fundamentalist / biblical literalist he is the anti-Christ's chief earthly rep right now.

(OK, that last one is a little fanciful, but it captures the idea.....🤣)

Edited by gehringer_2