Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

2 hours ago, pfife said:

WP led me to believe Duke sans Baggage had 16 detractors.

I don’t know how they think they’re gonna get 218 votes for Gym. There may not be a half-bad chance McHenry is still interim Speaker by Christmas, which is probably to be expect, since the Trumpies made an art form of appointing interim everything during that administration.

On 10/13/2023 at 8:39 AM, chasfh said:

I don’t know how they think they’re gonna get 218 votes for Gym. There may not be a half-bad chance McHenry is still interim Speaker by Christmas, which is probably to be expect, since the Trumpies made an art form of appointing interim everything during that administration.

I hope you're right, but I feel like a lot of folks opposing Jordan will spin that with all the turmoil going on, they have no other choice but to elect him.

17 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

So, it appears that Trump has re-posted a Laura Loomer post that has documents that include the NY AG’s address.

Is this not a transgression re:the gag order?

This is so dangerous.  Like his fans aren’t already gunning for her. Jesus.

Are there two gag orders?  The one I know of from yesterday or whatever was about the documents case. 

he wants all of this because the more rulings against him then it gives him more things to appeal. Stall stall stall. 

37 minutes ago, oblong said:

Are there two gag orders?  The one I know of from yesterday or whatever was about the documents case. 

he wants all of this because the more rulings against him then it gives him more things to appeal. Stall stall stall. 

The article I read ( I believe it was from the Daily Beast) included this passage:

”… This may violate Judge Arthur Engoron’s gag order, which prohibits Trump from attacking court staffers involved in his New York financial fraud case. While James is not a staffer, she is central to the indictment. …”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smr-nj said:

So, it appears that Trump has re-posted a Laura Loomer post that has documents that include the NY AG’s address.

Is this not a transgression re:the gag order?

This is so dangerous.  Like his fans aren’t already gunning for her. Jesus.

I'm in Washington, PA, passing through, and at the hotel I picked up the local paper (the Observer-Reporter) and they had a story about the gag order, below the fold on page whatever, and within the article there was a thumbnail picture of the judge who issued it, Tanya Chutkan, and I thought, man, this newspaper wants their readers to know what this lady looks like, for some reason ...

Tanya_Chutkan_U.S._District_Court_Judge.jpg.4b8a20a384378b1b97a57316ff65c4db.jpg

Oh man...my softball team this year is really different.  Team is very much in a good spot of being supportive of each other and generally positive.  One girl who is in AFJROTC and who I took to be a potential leader of my team was chatting with me about her life goals.   Her parents didn't want her to become a cop because of the BLM riots.  I'm like...whut?   I think someone in her house is racist and watches a lot of fox news.

I told her the only reason to become a cop is because she wants to help people and out of concern for the well-being of her fellow citizens and not because she wants to put people in jail or shoot them.  People can shake off those fuzzy upbringings and family dynamics but yeah it does start at home a lot. 

Edited by romad1