Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

53 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

It was sarcasm

I know.

I gave the appropriate response.

I know about the "bu-bu-bu Clinton death squad..."; so I think the appropriate response is a straight answer... especially since it comes from MAGA BS... But that's just me.

No worries...

😉

Edited by 1984Echoes

Kleptocrat delivering Miami's Cuban voters to Trump on behalf of Russia?

https://news.yahoo.com/investigators-now-looking-miami-mayor-171747157.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kcnVkZ2VyZXBvcnQuY29tLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAADnZcsQSrrn7580D2iKlOO-7NN0gVtSnezMzka7EYonx8Bn8TZtP5yl84KC7EEg3hH6veI6q9BaiSNSzjPFR4EY4Q3fTu415b_ONXX8S-fRoOZqpbgm7X7csctIU_9uqKItDbOY5SGV0ishdMode_3aze5jefA6EWNzT0rWCp-JW

On Jan. 12, ethics investigator Karl Ross requested copies of all of the mayor’s emails referencing a list of 14 keywords related to Suarez’s consulting agreements with two financial advising firms run by associates of a Russian oligarch, a handful of technology companies, a real estate company and City National Bank, which issued the mortgage for Suarez’s residence.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article280694010.html

Suarez received between $160,000 and $220,000 combined working for Dreamer Capital and Legacy Wealth Advisors, which share a Brickell office with a business and charity connected to Igor Makarov, an oil tycoon worth in excess of $2 billion. Dreamer and Legacy are led, respectively, by Lazar Finker and his son, Eugene Frenkel. Both have longtime financial and personal ties to Makarov, who holds a spot on the Putin List — a U.S. government roster of the mega-rich with Kremlin ties.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article280694010.html#storylink=cpy

On 1/18/2024 at 12:16 PM, romad1 said:

IF, there is a shutdown.  Shut it all down.  No social security checks.  No F-22 fuel, etc.  Learn what a shutdown means.  Learn the cost of regular order.  

The problem, beyond the idea that the Democrats would never allow that to happen to the people, is that, even if republicans could somehow force it to happen under Biden, he gets 100% of the blame for it.

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

The problem, beyond the idea that the Democrats would never allow that to happen to the people, is that, even if republicans could somehow force it to happen under Biden, he gets 100% of the blame for it.

Yeah this is true.  I think the actual negative impacts would benefit the GOP and their grievance politics.  

On 1/19/2024 at 11:53 AM, gehringer_2 said:

Absolutely. Bannon fancies himself a true revolutionary - he wants to bring down the house - and Trump is just a useful fool for him. He cares as much about Trump for Trump's sake as Trump does about his constituents for their sake's. Of course the truth is more likely he is your typical  chicken hawk revolutionary and would be the first one to run for cover (in his Gucci loafers) if anyone actually started something in his name.

I don’t think there is any danger of anyone doing anything in Bannon’s name. The only prayer anyone has of succeeding Trump as the leader of the nihilist cruelty movement is to be anointed by Trump himself. I can’t think of anyone who ever succeeded the founder of a personality cult who didn’t come from the founder’s loins, and Donnie is too stupid and colorless to maintain this one.

On 1/19/2024 at 12:08 PM, oblong said:

A person can get past a lot of logical flaws when they really want to.  Just ignore what you don't like it and push on. They are smart enough to do the required work to get the degree because they are just using that to push a theological agenda and the credentials are a necessary tool.... sort of like youth pastors listening to rock music and watching dirty movies so they could tell us which ones not to 🙂   (A discussion I had in youth group in elementary and middle school which kind of told me they were all full of ****)

I think you’re basically right, and I also think it’s more: it’s being seen to have committed to the choice, and once that happens, they can never admit they made a mistake because of how stupid it would make them look, so they double down over and over because better that everything literally go up in flames than to ever admit being wrong. 

On 1/20/2024 at 12:19 PM, oblong said:

It’s why I quit political analysis type media. It doesnt matter.  The Dems and republicans are now playing in different sports. One side is trying to govern under the old system and the other is simply about grifting.  Those that did care about governing on the Republican side are retiring or losing primaries.  The two party system as we know it is over.  The republic only survives if the Dems hang on to enough seats nationally and locally to prop it up.   The Supreme Court cannot be counted on to provide balance.  If Trump wins we will start to see political assassinations and nothing will be done.  We will have crossed a threshold.  In some ways we have already. 

Yes, and more: it’s also about the active effort to destroy the system and its government so they can solidify the whole system of grift as the permanent basis of power.

By the way: nice one on the political assassinations coming from Inside the house. I got filleted on the old board eight years ago for perpetrating “Alarmist Non-sense” by suggesting that’s an example of where things would go with that guy in power. Glad to see I’m getting company on this one. 

On 1/21/2024 at 2:09 PM, Mr.TaterSalad said:

If Biden is so concerned abut losing votes from Arab-Americans, Muslims, and the young left than he can always do what South Africa's court system is doing. If he doesn't want to take those steps he could at least call for a ceasefire, acknowledge this situation for the genocide that it is (yes, killing nearly 30,000 people of a particular ethnic group is a genocide), and place conditions in military aid to Israel.

About time we started calling a spade a spade around here. 

32 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Yes, and more: it’s also about the active effort to destroy the system and its government so they can solidify the whole system of grift as the permanent basis of power.

By the way: nice one on the political assassinations coming from Inside the house. I got filleted on the old board eight years ago for perpetrating “Alarmist Non-sense” by suggesting that’s an example of where things would go with that guy in power. Glad to see I’m getting company on this one. 

We had a dry run with Khashoggi.

4 hours ago, chasfh said:

I don’t think there is any danger of anyone doing anything in Bannon’s name. The only prayer anyone has of succeeding Trump as the leader of the nihilist cruelty movement is to be anointed by Trump himself. I can’t think of anyone who ever succeeded the founder of a personality cult who didn’t come from the founder’s loins, and Donnie is too stupid and colorless to maintain this one.

Worst case would be Venezuela - where the Charismatic ruler breaks down the walls then dies, and that lets a talentless thug succeed him and really drive things into the ground.

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

Worst case would be Venezuela - where the Charismatic ruler breaks down the walls then dies, and that lets a talentless thug succeed him and really drive things into the ground.

The Charismatic ruler broke down the walls, died, AND started Venezuela on the road to driving things into the ground.

Maduro finished the job... but Chavez definitely started it... in a huge way...

I'm thinking along these lines.  I do worry that Trump will engineer something to make Biden's and our live's more harrowing.  I can imagine something like the Houthi attacks done on behalf of Iran and Russia being arranged.  Maybe a large scale terrorist attack or something else to kill the economy.  Please no!  but that is the worry.

8 hours ago, romad1 said:

I would think Morrisey would be all over Trump but apparently Johnny Marr is definitely not.

Morrisey has a terrible voice, a terrible band, and is a terrible dude.

Cheers to Marr.  His signature guitars are cool too.

• Thanks 1

Trump's Haley/Pelosi screw up appears to have provided Haley with the hammer to smash Trump on competence.   That's an example that he can't backpedal out of.  Unless Trump somehow makes a compelling claim that he suffers facial dysphasia argument.  Something, something: 

"I can't tell women's faces apart, that's why I have been married so many times."  "I only see the color of the hair and skin tone.  My advisors tell me that Nikki Haley's Sikh/Punjabi skin has that similar mauve-ish brown that you get on your Baltimore Italian lady of a certain age that they tell me is similar to Nancy Pelosi.  Whereas Stormy Daniels with her blond hair and strong northern european caucasian features is similar to my dear mother, Ivana, Ivanka, Marla, Melania and her dear mother who I understand died recently and all those kids on Epstein's island I guess.  Luckily for me, we are all god's creatures in the dark."

Edited by romad1

On 1/24/2024 at 7:30 AM, romad1 said:

I'm thinking along these lines.  I do worry that Trump will engineer something to make Biden's and our live's more harrowing.  I can imagine something like the Houthi attacks done on behalf of Iran and Russia being arranged.  Maybe a large scale terrorist attack or something else to kill the economy.  Please no!  but that is the worry.

Something here, in a big liberal city? Yeah, I can see that.

15 hours ago, pfife said:

Morrisey has a terrible voice, a terrible band, and is a terrible dude.

Cheers to Marr.  His signature guitars are cool too.

I think of Morrissey as emblematic of the burying-crystals-in-the-garden-to-charge-them-with-the-Earth's-energy left. I should know. I had this one girlfriend ...

Marianne Williamson is their candidate.

33 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Trump's Haley/Pelosi screw up appears to have provided Haley with the hammer to smash Trump on competence.   That's an example that he can't backpedal out of.  Unless Trump somehow makes a compelling claim that he suffers facial dysphasia argument.  Something, something: 

Which is why he is shifting gears on attacking Haley herself and is now attacking anyone who might support Haley.