Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

Assuming that Caroll's reason for legal action was her being defamed for calling him out on his sexual assault, she should deny the bond because Trump defamed her again on Saturday night.  She should seek additional remedy until Trump can't find a foreign leader to bail him out as a way to buy influence or acquire US nuclear secrets. 

3 hours ago, romad1 said:

Assuming that Caroll's reason for legal action was her being defamed for calling him out on his sexual assault, she should deny the bond because Trump defamed her again on Saturday night.  She should seek additional remedy until Trump can't find a foreign leader to bail him out as a way to buy influence or acquire US nuclear secrets. 

Who wouldn't vote for that!

I feel as though Florida may be reaching their tipping point on the whole singular focus on this whole anti-woke horsesht. The legislature is rebelling against some of the stupider and more craven acts, like the proposed state law to punish local officials for taking down Confederate memorials, which is straight-up fascism. That and several laws long such lines were not even put up for a vote in the legislature by their house speaker.

There will always be a lot of people who want to cruelly punish other people they hate on a non-stop basis, but they will never achieve majority status over people who may exist somewhere along the sliding scale of empathy for that kind of thing, but who just want a quiet, peaceful society, so they can live without that. I think that might be what’s happening in Florida, and in the end, Ron DeSantis is no Huey Long. He does not have the charm, charisma, or control of resources and militarized policing to force Florida’s residents to accept such displays of institutional cruelty.  IOW, when it comes to this anti-woke crap, it’s a treadmill to oblivion. There’s no there there.

• Like 1

My mother will be gone 20 years late next week. I can't remember the exact day. I remember the circumstances and events around her passing. The same with my dad 4 years later. I can't give you the exact date but I can tell you about the call from my sister...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I feel as though Florida may be reaching their tipping point on the whole singular focus on this whole anti-woke horsesht. The legislature is rebelling against some of the stupider and more craven acts, like the proposed state law to punish local officials for taking down Confederate memorials, which is straight-up fascism. That and several laws long such lines were not even put up for a vote in the legislature by their house speaker.

There will always be a lot of people who want to cruelly punish other people they hate on a non-stop basis, but they will never achieve majority status over people who may exist somewhere along the sliding scale of empathy for that kind of thing, but who just want a quiet, peaceful society, so they can live without that. I think that might be what’s happening in Florida, and in the end, Ron DeSantis is no Huey Long. He does not have the charm, charisma, or control of resources and militarized policing to force Florida’s residents to accept such displays of institutional cruelty.  IOW, when it comes to this anti-woke crap, it’s a treadmill to oblivion. There’s no there there.

To use a pun... the rest of the state is getting woke to how crazy other members of their state are and finally pushing back.  A lot of this is driven by the crazy PTA lot, meaning those who show up at school board meetings, PTA meetings, etc. and whine and complain about every grievance they have while most others are busy going about their day.  My wife was a PTA President for like 10 years and had to deal with these people.  They love to complain but never sign up for anything. They think everybody exists to serve them. They are the same parents who complain to coaches about playing time, I would just say "Here's a whistle, practices are every day 5:30 to 7, what size shirt do you need?  We'd love to have you.  We have the budget to take you on because... there is no budget.  Nobody pays us.  welcome aboard"

The squeaky wheels had their time.

2 minutes ago, oblong said:

To use a pun... the rest of the state is getting woke to how crazy other members of their state are and finally pushing back.  A lot of this is driven by the crazy PTA lot, meaning those who show up at school board meetings, PTA meetings, etc. and whine and complain about every grievance they have while most others are busy going about their day.  My wife was a PTA President for like 10 years and had to deal with these people.  They love to complain but never sign up for anything. They think everybody exists to serve them. They are the same parents who complain to coaches about playing time, I would just say "Here's a whistle, practices are every day 5:30 to 7, what size shirt do you need?  We'd love to have you.  We have the budget to take you on because... there is no budget.  Nobody pays us.  welcome aboard"

The squeaky wheels had their time.

A couple weeks ago 60 Minutes had a segment about that nutty Moms For Liberty group, the one with the sex scandals (natch). Scott Pelley was interviewing the leaders and they could not talk their way out of a paper bag. I mean, man, talk about C+ students just riding the crest of a wave. It’s just a matter of right place-right time for them. No one will even remember the organization, let alone know who these people are, a year or two from now. They couldn’t carry Terry Rakolta’s jock.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Old enough to remember when they were all demanding it be released lol 

I believe it was the 48,000 hours of J6 video the Republicans were demanding to be released, because 47,000 hours of it was exnorative of their fellow travelers. I don't recall anyone on that side wanting the Biden interview to be released, since it was already cherry-picked to their satisfaction. But then, I don't read every letter of news ever published, either, so I could definitely be wrong.

15 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

She needs to lay off the plastic surgery but she’s doing an infomercial for a dentist not even in her state  

OK, that's new, because this is 2020:

image.jpeg.6508f43d2b4feae3faa0833f77ac339d.jpeg

I was in West Palm this past weekend, and my wife wanted to have breakfast at the Breakers, and I swear there were at least four women we saw walking around there with this same look. It is a definite thing. Maybe they're blind to how bad it looks—or, maybe the look is a signifier of middle-aged-and-up willingly-beta women desperately trying to find and/or keep an ostentatious rich daddy, because that's what their entire worth is wrapped up in.

How that relates to Noem's situation, I'm not exactly sure. But based on her reported affair with Corey Lewandownski, she may be looking to graduate from her second-rate insurance-company-owning husband to someone more yachty and clubby.