Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

In all seriousness, it makes perfect sense that the party that is actively working toward achieving single-party rule would have no interest in a multi-party debate. After all, that suggests that they agree that this is a democracy where voters deserve to choose their leaders, and Republicans simply have no interest in that.

13 minutes ago, chasfh said:

In all seriousness, it makes perfect sense that the party that is actively working toward achieving single-party rule would have no interest in a multi-party debate. After all, that suggests that they agree that this is a democracy where voters deserve to choose their leaders, and Republicans simply have no interest in that.

You're right about a party that is actively working toward single party rule but where you're wrong is that is the democrats doing that.  The democrats like everything slanted in their favor.  They have debates where their candidates are helped by moderators or the candidates are given questions in advance.  When Trump and Biden had interviews at the same time on different networks, Savanah Guthrie basically tried to get Trump in a street fight while George S. asked Biden what his favorite ice cream flavor was.  Biden has a "town hall" on CNN and Anderson Cooper is helping him answer questions. Never would that happen to a Republican.

Now we have the dems trying to change voting laws to favor them and change the senate rules so they can do as they please.  Who would have thought the Joe Manchin and Kristen Sinema would be the two politicians that end up saving the democracy.  I hope they stand firm on their word and the dem hit squad doesn't get to them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, pfife said:

Actually, the 2016 one..... my recollection is for some reason he skipped a republican primary debate which I don't remember why he did so.  But instead he held a fundraiser-telethon type of thing for Veterans.   Then I remember a lot of reporting coming out about how the money never got donated or something like that.   Then I think it just got washed away with the torrent of news we had in those times.   Anyone else recall this?

Yes.

You hit the nail right on the head.