Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

The videos leaked about Cawthorn indicate just how much they want this guy gone.  I guess you can't go to war on the groomers if you have groomers of your own (that don't play ball).

Hey Matt Gaetz...i'd keep your head on a swivel. 

I’m just seeing this stuff on Twitter. Wow. 

Mayorkas was beaten down pretty good yesterday and he deserved every bit of it.  He was asked if the 42 people caught entering the US illegally that are on the Terror Watch list had been released in the the US.  His answer was that he didn't know. One Congressman called Mayorkas a traitor and compared him to Benedict Arnold.  Mayorkas response is that he was offended and was proud of his service to the country.  The damage he and his boss are doing to the US is irrepairable and he's offended.  Too bad demented Joe wasn't there to feel the pain too since these are his policies.  He probably was napping or couldn't find the room.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/homeland-security-secretary-alejandro-mayorkas-faces-heated-questions-from-republicans/

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, oblong said:

Nobody but old white men and their bat shit crazy wives care about that.

It has to be more of a Karen thing.  It seems its all tied up in racial hysteria.  The sort that created the color bar in the first place.  White women are the drivers of these things.  They do not like their men having sex with the slaves even on the side.  

and especially when their daughters do it. Maybe that's the driver behind the revived culture wars because it seems it's more common now than it was even 20 years ago.  I personally know 4 families with bi racial grand kids.  

Are the Karens mad.... or.... jealous?

32 minutes ago, oblong said:

Nobody but old white men and their bat shit crazy wives care about that.

Yeah that's my mistake I thought anyone here would care.  Only people that care about this country and the future of the US would be concerned about the invasion of the US through the southern border.  I'm sorry for interrupting your non-stop worrying about what Donald Trump is doing today and how to cover for the latest democrat disaster.

20 minutes ago, Archie said:

Yeah that's my mistake I thought anyone here would care.  Only people that care about this country and the future of the US would be concerned about the invasion of the US through the southern border.  I'm sorry for interrupting your non-stop worrying about what Donald Trump is doing today and how to cover for the latest democrat disaster.

The multi-cultural, multi-racial United States will survive and thrive from immigration waves.  It will benefit our economy.   I don't like the suicidal ideation of the US that Tucker and Laura seem to want to protect. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, romad1 said:

The multi-cultural, multi-racial United States will survive and thrive from immigration waves.  It will benefit our economy.   I don't like the suicidal ideation of the US that Tucker and Laura seem to want to protect. 

Yes - The problem is that the mindset is just backwards. The military metaphor is inverted. Immigrants are not the invasion, they are the reinforcements. I look at my students and they are all kinds of colors and shapes and accents, they are the ones that have risen to the top of the American youth cohort, and these will be the people leading whatever progress the country continues to make in the future.

(I know, this kind of talk just drives the MAGA further up the wall...:classic_biggrin:)

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Yes - The problem is that the mindset is just backwards. The military metaphor is inverted. Immigrants are not the invasion, they are the reinforcements. I look at my students and they are all kinds of colors and shapes and accents, they are the ones that have risen to the top of the American youth cohort, and these will be the people leading whatever progress the country continues to make in the future.

(I know, this kind of talk just drives the MAGA further up the wall...:classic_biggrin:)

My son's peer group, decidedly Benneton ad circa 1984. 

The United States that won WWII was already a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic society embiggened by multiple waves of immigration and benefitting to the extent they were allowed from the contributions of African Americans and Japanese Americans.   

If had been nothing but the sons of WASPy frozen fishstick barons we might all be speaking Russian right now. 

• Haha 1

My son has had the same friends since 1st grade.  They are all 21.  Two white kids, a black kid, one who is half Mexican/half Lebanese.  those 4 have been together for 15 years.  Their group also includes a couple of middle eastern kids but I don't know what country.  

9 minutes ago, oblong said:

My son has had the same friends since 1st grade.  They are all 21.  Two white kids, a black kid, one who is half Mexican/half Lebanese.  those 4 have been together for 15 years.  Their group also includes a couple of middle eastern kids but I don't know what country.  

It skews more East Asian in my neck of the woods.  The Malaysian kid, the Brazilian/Canadian/Chinese kid (his dad works for VW so he and I chop it up about the auto industry a lot), the Pilipino kid.  He went to Bar Mitzvahs that would have seemed like stepping onto the surface of the Moon for this Livonia kid.  He's got south asian buddies as well but not as many although that minority is heavily represented.  

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

It's even worse—the guy will deny he even said any of that and will condemn the video as deep fake news.

Ron Watkins is responsible for so much chaos and violence its beyond any meaningful reckoning 

Edited by romad1

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

By way of real world example, look at what Japan's super tough immigration policy did to their economy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pfife said:

I think immigrants are super rad and hope we get more of them.   

There's a big difference between immigrants and criminals that storm the open border and invade the US. They're called illegal aliens for a reason. They're not immigrants. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, oblong said:

storm... lol

They only care about the issues.  They are just passionate about being objective recorders of fact.   Unless we carefully evaluate these issues all our daughters will be having brown babies and our sons will be eating tacos.  Why our produce might even be slightly less expensive!