Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

What one con man has done to this country. 

Now, every time there are elections and there needs to be certification, Washington will be walled city  Fences and barricades and troops will surround the city, our nation's capital, our shining city on the hill, which had faced attacks, bombings, threats and a terrorist attack will become an armed encampment.   Never had to do that before.  Never in 244 years.  Not till that piece of shit came along. 

Also, the first outgoing President to not attend the Inauguration since Andrew Johnson (the second-worst President, behind Trump) refused to attend U.S. Grant's.   Do you think other guys wanted to be there?  Do you think Barack Obama wanted to be at Trump's.   Herbert Hoover and FDR HATED each other politically and personally, long before either ran for President, they rode together (the only words spoken were FDR's "Nice day, isn't it?").  

All because of one con man.    I am scared as hell about what happens in Pennsylvania.  That guy running for governor is a lunatic.   Plus that medical quack is running for Senate.   

1 hour ago, 1776 said:

Actually, I did. Maybe not the answer you wanted.

I asked you directly about the hypocrisy of criticizing fatherless homes while creating fatherless homes by his own action—is that not by itself a dealbreaker?

You answered an unasked question about whether he denied their existence, which you did say was a dealbreaker.

I asked about the very real hypocrisy, which absolutely happened; you answered about a hypothetical denial, which you doubted even happened. You can see they’re not the same.

Which is OK, I meant it more or less as a rhetorical question anyway.

Edited by chasfh

15 minutes ago, oblong said:

I remember Luttig being mentioned as a SC justice when Roberts and Alito were nominated.  I know Cruz has a connection with him. Wonder what Teddy thinks about him now.

If only Luttig had given Teddy a hummer

30 minutes ago, oblong said:

I remember Luttig being mentioned as a SC justice when Roberts and Alito were nominated.  I know Cruz has a connection with him. Wonder what Teddy thinks about him now.

Article in WaPo sort of sets up Luttig as the source/leader of a principled conservative judicial backlash against Trumpism. Don't know if there is anything to that or if it would have any prospect of making a difference, but Greg Sargent spins there is. If anything, most of the conservative judiciary has refused to do anything for Trump anyway. I don't think the MAGAs at the political grassroots  are looking to Federal judges for their marching orders in any case. Not to mention that the two judges most likely to throw the republic under the bus, Alito and Thomas, are most certainly beyond the reach of any kind of counter movement.

Edited by gehringer_2

7 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Article in WaPo sort of sets up Luttig as the source/leader of a principled conservative judicial backlash against Trumpism. Don't know if there is anything to that or if it would have any prospect of making a difference, but Greg Sargent spins there is. If anything, most of the conservative judiciary has refused to do anything for Trump anyway. I don't think the MAGAs at the political grassroots  are looking to Federal judges for their marching orders in any case. Not to mentions that the two judges most likely to throw the republic under the bus, Alito and Thomas, are most certainly beyond the reach of any kind of counter movement.

This is in large part why I’ve been saying for at least a year now that, assuming he can still run in 2024, Trump might well run on “reforming” the judiciary.

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

the actual line

That the Vice President of the United States believes that the President of the United States would have him kidnapped or killed just for carrying out his Constitutional duties tells us everything we need to know about how insiders recognize how mobbed-up Trump is.

Edited by chasfh

7 minutes ago, chasfh said:

That the Vice President of the United States believes that the President of the United States would have him kidnapped or killed just for carrying out his Constitutional duties tells us everything we need to know about how insiders recognize how mobbed-up Trump is.

AND how oblivious the evangelicals and other habitual Republicans were to all this vile stuff he brought into the White House.  Ginni Thomas you'd think would not normally hang out with the Russian mafia.