Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

1 minute ago, romad1 said:

AND how oblivious the evangelicals and other habitual Republicans were to all this vile stuff he brought into the White House.  Ginni Thomas you'd think would not normally hang out with the Russian mafia. 

Is Ginni Thomas an actual Jesus-loving evangelical or a cynical mobbed-up political operative? Do we really know?

In any event, I don't think evangelicals are hearing boo about any of this, anyway. All they know is that their election was stolen, Jesus is fucking pissed about it, and the Demonrats will fry in Hell for trying to use their satanic ritual hearing to thwart His Will.

26 minutes ago, romad1 said:

AND how oblivious the evangelicals and other habitual Republicans were to all this vile stuff he brought into the White House.  Ginni Thomas you'd think would not normally hang out with the Russian mafia. 

You have to understand the mindset. They are saved, they are absolved, they are the holy warriors for the 2nd coming and any deal they make with the Devil to get to last  the Last Judgment quicker is pre-sanctified. After all, that's half the attraction of the theology in the first place. The US conservative version of "Liberation" theology! :classic_laugh:

It's just Aleister Crowley's "do what thou wilt", but make sure to say "Praise Jesus"  and add an "Amen" at the end.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Is Ginni Thomas an actual Jesus-loving evangelical or a cynical mobbed-up political operative? Do we really know?

In any event, I don't think evangelicals are hearing boo about any of this, anyway. All they know is that their election was stolen, Jesus is fucking pissed about it, and the Demonrats will fry in Hell for trying to use their satanic ritual hearing to thwart His Will.

We do know that Ginni Thomas once belonged to a cult so it seems natural she would find her way in the Trump cult. 

12 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

You say that as though you expect there is a necessary difference.

I think there is, actually. I believe many or even most rank-and-file evangelicals come by their beliefs honestly and try in some way to live a life that is decent by those standards, even if their kindness, for some, doesn't extend to those not of their ilk.

People at the top of like-minded organizations—like these actual churches, or whatever the fuck it is Ginni Thomas does all day—I have trouble believing that they come by any beliefs about God or spirituality honestly. Until it can be proved differently, I assume they're all in it for nothing but the money, power, and glory.

For those who watch msnbc, I’m noticing that Nicole Wallace is looking skeletal… has anyone heard if she’s been I’ll? Or has a medical issue?

I haven’t been watching for a while, but tonight I have been.. and I somewhat surprised/concerned seeing her.

55 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

For those who watch msnbc, I’m noticing that Nicole Wallace is looking skeletal… has anyone heard if she’s been I’ll? Or has a medical issue?

I haven’t been watching for a while, but tonight I have been.. and I somewhat surprised/concerned seeing her.

She seemed fine to me.   The thing I noticed tonight is that Rachel Madow has bad looking teeth. 

16 minutes ago, romad1 said:

She seemed fine to me.   The thing I noticed tonight is that Rachel Madow has bad looking teeth. 

I pulled up a clip from earlier today. I see the difference but it looked to me mostly like she was much less studiously made up, less color depth around her eyes, and her hair is parted down the middle, which squeezes her face more - and she is already several years older than when she started at MSNBC.

Edited by gehringer_2

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

Hearings:  exceeded or failed to meet expectation? 

It will exceed my expectations if, upon conclusion, they refer a criminal indictment to Justice of Trump and his top architects of the plan to conspire to overturn the will of the voters in the 2020 election.

It will fail to meet my expectations if, upon conclusion, they basically turn toward the electorate and say, "well, it's all in your hands now ..."

And it will meet my expectations on the nose if, upon conclusion, they refer a criminal indictment to Justice of a few additional individual-actor red hats for the act of breaking into the Capitol on January 6th.

Edited by chasfh

6 minutes ago, chasfh said:

It will exceed my expectations if, upon conclusion, they refer a criminal indictment to Justice of Trump and his top architects of the plan to conspire to overturn the will of the voters in the 2020 election.

It will fail to meet my expectations if, upon conclusion, they basically turn toward the electorate and say, "well, it's all in your hands now ..."

And it will meet my expectations on the nose if, upon conclusion, they refer a criminal indictment to Justice of a few additional individual-actor red hats for the act of breaking into the Capitol on January 6th.

Agreed. A certain quote from the immortal Winston Wolfe in Pulp Fiction comes to mind.