Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

How can anyone listen to any of that 67 minute phone call with Raffensperger and listen to Trump,  absolutely losing his mind, and not be reminded of a petulant three-year-old having a fucking tantrum. Are we really going to allow this motherfucker to run again? I’m sickened ….. every day it becomes more horrific 

• Like 1

In all honesty, when Shaye was talking about getting that phone call from her grandmother? I about lost it. I would’ve been down at my grandmother’s, & would’ve ripped the heads off every person that was in front of my grandmothers house and scaring her. It is stories like this that should make people like Giuliani etc. at least feel some shame! But they won’t. 

7 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

In all honesty, when Shaye was talking about getting that phone call from her grandmother? I about lost it. I would’ve been down at my grandmother’s, & would’ve ripped the heads off every person that was in front of my grandmothers house and scaring her. It is stories like this that should make people like Giuliani etc. at least feel some shame! But they won’t. 

Don't want to take anything away from Bowers or Raffensperger and their testimony because the threats against them aren't any more acceptable, but there's a particular terror in hearing their accounts because they are not public figures. These are normal everyday Americans who, if they weren't in Atlanta, could be anywhere.

I don't know how you can't be empathetic about that or be uncaring, but nothing surprises me much anymore.

Edited by mtutiger

11 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I thought Nixon and company were despicable. Trump and his minions are one thousand times worse.

One more think. The buck doesn't stop with Trump. There are still many, many elected officials who are or might be in position to overthrow future elections.

Democrats may moan and groan about results, Republicans are still complicit in attempting to overturn democracy. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

One more think. The buck doesn't stop with Trump. There are still many, many elected officials who are or might be in position to overthrow future elections.

Democrats may moan and groan about results, Republicans are still complicit in attempting to overturn democracy. 

Can you imagine if Al Gore had a bunch of activists storm the Supreme Court or Kathrine Harris' SOS office in Florida during the 2000 election? Can you imagine what the Republican reaction would have been?

14 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Can you imagine if Al Gore had a bunch of activists storm the Supreme Court or Kathrine Harris' SOS office in Florida during the 2000 election? Can you imagine what the Republican reaction would have been?

Imagine of Gore contacted the Florida SOS and asked to just find 500 votes. 

25 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

"Katherine.... I need ya to find me 538 more votes"

39 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Don't want to take anything away from Bowers or Raffensperger and their testimony because the threats against them aren't any more acceptable, but there's a particular terror in hearing their accounts because they are not public figures. These are normal everyday Americans who, if they weren't in Atlanta, could be anywhere.

I don't know how you can't be empathetic about that or be uncaring, but nothing surprises me much anymore.

Can’t be empathetic if you don’t see it, and the red hats aren’t seeing any of this. 

33 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

That’s the thing about this: people are going to have to pay some real consequences for this because if they don’t, they are going to eventually overthrow the whole kit and caboodle.

It’s like they said earlier: if enough people internalize the idea that elections can’t be trusted, then the only thing that will settle elections is violence. 

12 minutes ago, pfife said:

Lol wtf?!?!

And the fools signed it without question. 

I really wish they were stuck with a 100 year lease on a time share in Siberia.

Better yet 10 years of weekly deliveries from Pampered Chef

Edited by CMRivdogs
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, chasfh said:

The American people are the intended audience here. All the American people, including the red hats.

I think the red hats view this the same way we view NewsMax or Washington Examiner.  There is no way to get them to take it seriously.  We can only hope the "Rinos" and the Bernie Bros are watching.   

2 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I think the red hats view this the same way we view NewsMax or Washington Examiner.  There is no way to get them to take it seriously.  We can only hope the "Rinos" and the Bernie Bros are watching.   

ideally, you want to suck in non-voters. The best thing that could happen out of a situation like this is that people who normally don't bother paying any attention to politics decide they need to start voting. I know - quite the pipe dream, but if you had to pick the most important target audience, it would be them.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I can't get over how desperately Trump wanted to remain president. Is this the first time in his life he didn't get his way?

well, he went bankrupt a couple of times, one would assume those cases weren't 'things going his way'. I suppose the difference is that if you were careful to use mostly other people's money and were willing to pay enough legal talent, you could walk away from a bankruptcy in pretty good shape. In politics there generally aren't any consolation prizes for losing. Maybe one way to put it is that running for President may have been the 1st time Trump really put "himself" on the line as the true 'collateral' for one of his endeavors, so maybe why the loss was so much more unacceptable - clearly he hasn't accepted it yet in any sense.

Edited by gehringer_2

14 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

well, he went bankrupt a couple of times, one would assume those cases weren't 'things going his way'. I suppose the difference is that if you were careful to use mostly other people's money and were willing to pay enough legal talent, you could walk away from a bankruptcy in pretty good shape. In politics there generally aren't any consolation prizes for losing. Maybe one way to put it is that running for President may have been the 1st time Trump really put "himself" on the line as the true 'collateral' for one of his endeavors, so maybe why the loss was so much more unacceptable - clearly he hasn't accepted it yet in any sense.

I don't know how much of why he fought the results were about finances more than they are just pathological.

The guy hates losing.... if you would ask him point blank, he's never "lost" a thing in his life. So it's not at all surprising (especially with the benefit of hindsight) that he would go to great lengths, including putting public officials and normal people in harms way, to execute whatever plan he felt necessary to claim victory.

I won't speculate on specifics, people do that a lot and it bothers me, but there's something seriously broken upstairs with Trump. Just not a good human being.

Edited by mtutiger