Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

50 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

This is an angle lol

it does shine a little light into why he probably feels so cheated - it maybe was there almost in his grasp if he could have only have gotten to the head of that mob again - but then he gets foiled by the Secret Service, the one group of people that he probably figured he didn't have to plan for, that would just do whatever he told them, refusing to listen to him. Just left that one little detail how to physically get to the Capital, out of the plan. 

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

it does shine a little light into why he probably feels so cheated - it maybe was there almost in his grasp if he could have only have gotten to the head of that mob again - but then he gets foiled by the Secret Service, the one group of people that he probably figured he didn't have to plan for, that would just do whatever he told them, refusing to listen to him. Just left that one little detail how to physically get to the Capital, out of the plan. 

Thank god Secret Service agents take an oath to defend the Constitution, rather than to serve the person.

I'm pretty sure we've crossed the Rubicon by now: Justice has no choice but to bring a case against Trump. If they don't, then the power of despotism, tyranny, violence, and chaos will win.

And further to the point, Justice must win its case against Trump, because if they don't, the power of despotism, tyranny, violence, and chaos will win.

One question I have is how will Trump find a way to weasel out of it? Does he leave the country and go to where he can't be extradited? Does he take his own life? Or is he going to do the thing that seems unimaginable: just sit tight and wait to be arrested and then tried? Frankly, I have trouble envisioning any one of these three things happening.

Or does something so cataclysmic happen, orchestrated or not, that will force this whole affair to be put on the back burner?

It's really a bad spot to be in, not just for him but for all of us. But, here we are.

Nothing will happen to Trump.  They'll use "we can't try a former President, it would embarrass the country line they did with Nixon.  

For all their bullshit talk about patriotism, it's always the Republicans that fuck with the Constitution, isn't it?  

The second he took office I told my mom he would refuse to leave. She thought I was being dramatic.  

22 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Nothing will happen to Trump.  They'll use "we can't try a former President, it would embarrass the country line they did with Nixon.  

For all their bullshit talk about patriotism, it's always the Republicans that fuck with the Constitution, isn't it?  

The second he took office I told my mom he would refuse to leave. She thought I was being dramatic.  

I think this time it will be too embarrassing to our country to do nothing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1