Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

59 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

I'm still not there.

I'm not fully there either.  I see a ray of hope that I didn't see before, but it could still fall apart.  All the Russian stuff did nothing for me.  The second impeachment  did nothing for me.  I finally get the sense that we may have reached a turning point.  Higher level  people need to come forward though.  I'm not saying the "something" will be an indictment.  I am thinking more along the lines of people  abandoning ship and he starts losing the poweful hold he has on his associates and eventually his followers.  

Edited by Tiger337

11 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Mark Meadows needs to cave. Cut a deal and retire to his trailer in the Carolina hills with his $ million Trump bribe. But he either talk or take the perp walk.

Meadows is guilty as Sin so he's not going to talk short of an indictment and a plea bargain. If you want Trump bad enough you offer Meadows immunity (or maybe Cippolone), otherwise don't expect to hear from Meadows.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I'm not fully there either.  I see a ray of hope that I didn't see before, but it could still fall apart.  All the Russian stuff did nothing for me.  The second impeachment  did nothing for me.  I finally get the sense that we may have reached a turning point.  Higher level  people need to come forward though.  I'm not saying the "something" will be an indictment.  I am thinking more along the lines of people  abandoning ship and he starts losing the poweful hold he has on his associates and eventually his followers.  

And then they turn to the younger more effective version of him governing his new state and we plunge into authoritarianism.

4 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

And then they turn to the younger more effective version of him governing his new state and we plunge into authoritarianism.

I want the psychopath out of there.  I know DeSantis could be a smart version of Trump, but I don't know that he'll have the same hold on people.  I will deal with that battle when or if it happens.  

Just now, Tiger337 said:

I want the psychopath out of there.  I know DeSantis could be a smart version of Trump, but I don't know that he'll have the same hold on people.  I will deal with that battle when or if it happens.  

I see it every day. He does have the same hold.

5 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

I see it every day. He does have the same hold.

If that's the case, what are you hoping will happen?  I'd love to see an indictment, but I fear that will embolden the MAGAs even more.  

Edited by Tiger337

7 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

If that's the case, what are you hoping will happen?  I'd love to see an indictment, but I fear that will embolden the MAGAs even more.  

Moderates become enraged enough to vote for Dems until this brand of MAGA is quashed. And Dems don't push too hard on a far left agenda and scare them off. That is my hope.

18 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Moderates become enraged enough to vote for Dems until this brand of MAGA is quashed. And Dems don't push too hard on a far left agenda and scare them off. That is my hope.

The first part could happen.  I think the abortion ruling is going to put the far left on a rampage.  Maybe, if a enough moderates switch over, the party gets changed. Can they get some of the working class that left for MAGA back?  

45 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I think people are saying the second plane hasn't hit yet.  

I believe that referred to the fact that the first plane flying into tower one you think “oh… accident”. When the second plane flew into the second tower you knew it was no accident.

Inthe same way, there’s little doubt now that this was planned, and NOT a “situation that just got out of hand”.

No accident.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

I believe that referred to the fact that the first plane flying into tower one you think “oh… accident”. When the second plane flew into the second tower you knew it was no accident.

Inthe same way, there’s little doubt now that this was planned, and NOT a “situation that just got out of hand”.

No accident.

I knew that on January 6, 2021!  

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Can they get some of the working class that left for MAGA back?  

I'm guessing it depends on how white evangelical women really feel about guns and abortion. If when they go in the those voting booths they decide they have had enough of the patriarchy, I think that is what could produce your re-alignment - and maybe the only thing.  But I'm still pretty sceptical. Working class evangelical women tend to be just as conned as their husbands (and ex-husbands....), so more likely the Dems will have to keep scraping for every vote just to not lose.

Edited by gehringer_2

5 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

No accident.

Another way to say what you are saying is that previously:

Trump and some of the other seditionists may have had "plausible deniability" due to a lack of information.

There is no longer a lack of information, or evidence, no more "plausible deniability"; the second tower has been hit.