Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

38 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out, Pete. 

LOL - just when you start feeling bad for a Repub....

I can understand if he's pissed at the Dems because they 'helped' his opponent, but just in the end another example of a guy whose concern for himself trumps that for his country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

I can understand if he's pissed at the Dems because they 'helped' his opponent, but just in the end another example of a guy whose concern for himself trumps that for his country.

"trumps" ... nice touch ...

I continue to be flabbergasted by otherwise intelligent people truly believing that certain still-active Republicans (Meijer, or Rubio, or whoever) are different, like in the old days. If they are still working, or trying to work, within the party, they are not different. If they are different, they are Adam Kinzinger and they get out.

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

This is what the landscape has become for the modern politician.     Party always first.   Lobbyists and financial backers second.  Constituents and country third and fourth.   Morality and personal integrity not even on the board.   

8 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

This is what the landscape has become for the modern politician.     Party always first.   Lobbyists and financial backers second.  Constituents and country third and fourth.   Morality and personal integrity not even on the board.   

Rusty Bauers learned. 

6 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

If Peter Meijer needs work now, the Meijer in Warren always needs more cashiers.

I think he will be fine.  Give the man his due.  I don't see the Illitch family or the Ford family sending their kids off to the wars.