Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

From JVL today....

I’m reading Liu Xixin’s sci-fi classic The Three-Body Problem, which opens in Communist China during the Cultural Revolution. There’s a scene at a struggle session in which a bunch of young communists are beating down a beloved former professor of theirs. Most of them don’t really want to hurt the guy. But one of the cadres is a real commie hard-ass. She starts whipping him with her belt.

And so the others join in because they’re terrified that someone will be taking notes and will observe that they were less enthusiastic than their peer. Such an observation might go into a file. They might become the featured attraction at a future struggle session.

And that’s pretty much how Team Normal operates in Republican politics.

They started this revolution and now they want out. But they don’t have the sand to do anything about it. So they keep going along with whatever is required of them and hope that the Big Orange Problem just . . . takes care of itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

Am I just imagining this, or was there a time, years ago, when Jonathan Turley appeared to be lucid on those Sunday morning panels?

no you are not imagining.  He did, maybe not a 180, but a 120.

He was not always like this.  Either someone got to him or he is being strategic for $$.

A week or so ago I saw Kurtz try to take a journalist to task on twitter for not reporting about teh Margin of Error on polling, and that it could mean that the slight lead the dems had was fake.   Of course, what Kurtz didn't know or say is:

1) It was an average of polls, so MOE isn't applicable, and

2) Even if MOE was applicable, it just as easily could have meant that the Dems had a bigger lead than was indicated in the numbers.

He's a total hack. 

Edited by pfife

46 minutes ago, pfife said:

A week or so ago I saw Kurtz try to take a journalist to task on twitter for not reporting about teh Margin of Error on polling, and that it could mean that the slight lead the dems had was fake.   Of course, what Kurtz didn't know or say is:

1) It was an average of polls, so MOE isn't applicable, and

2) Even if MOE was applicable, it just as easily could have meant that the Dems had a bigger lead than was indicated in the numbers.

He's a total hack. 

I remember that.

2 hours ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Hahaha

On a human level, I feel bad for this guy and what he is being put through. It is clear he is not up to the task of being a US Senator given his mind numbingly stupid answers to questions on policy and procedure. As well, an equally or more troubling, his past erratic behavior including pulling a gun on his ex-wife and sticking it against her temple threatening to blow her brains out, threating to kill himself, and admitting to having some kind of brain health issue/s with a multiple personality disorder. From one human being to another, I have empathy and hope he gets or continues getting the proper mental healthcare he needs. Herschel Walker is a prime example of why we need a universal, Medicare For All healthcare system, so that no person, regardless of their condition or lot in life, falls through the cracks.

But from a political stand point, I don't feel bad and recognize that this man should be nowhere near public office. I wouldn't elect him to a Library Board or Dog Catcher post. He has zero qualification for public office and comes across like a rambling idiot. HIs IQ and ability to comprehend issues by thinking critically about something and making sound judgements as a result is clearly lacking. He simply does not have the intellectual heft required for the job. He must be stopped and defeated. Whether you agree with Warnock or not on any issue, he has far beyond the baseline qualifications to do the job.