Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

I tend to believe the RW heat is getting to Judge Cannon. There is really no earthly reason a 'special master' is needed this case. The specifics of the documents are not even the real issue. A special master is used when a case presents technical or scientific issues complex enough that the judge doesn't have the competence to understand and evaluate the relevance or truthfulness of the testimony she is hearing. That's nonsense in this case. Any well educated person can listen to people from the intelligence community tell you the significance of a document in an understandable way - this ain't quantum physics.

She is just bailing out.

3 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

I tend to believe the RW heat is getting to Judge Cannon. There is really no earthly reason a 'special master' is needed this case. The specifics of the documents are not even the real issue. A special master is used when a case presents technical or scientific issues complex enough that the judge doesn't have the competence to understand and evaluate the relevance or truthfulness of the testimony she is hearing. That's nonsense in this case. Any well educated person can listen to people from the intelligence community tell you the significance of a document in an understandable way - this ain't quantum physics.

She is just bailing out.

Perhaps Justin Trudeau can explain it.

• Haha 1

All this talk about riots and such… part of me says “bring it on”. Let all the ants and maggots get out with their stupid Glasden flags and cosplay. Start some shit in the streets where it won’t be a few dozen Capitol police officers.  Draw them out and squash them out of existence. Then we cleanup and get back to a normal country. 

12 minutes ago, oblong said:

All this talk about riots and such… part of me says “bring it on”. Let all the ants and maggots get out with their stupid Glasden flags and cosplay. Start some shit in the streets where it won’t be a few dozen Capitol police officers.  Draw them out and squash them out of existence. Then we cleanup and get back to a normal country. 

the problem comes when the cops join on their side and you have to call out the national guard......

• Like 1

14 hours ago, oblong said:

There aren't gonna be riots.

33 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

There aren't gonna be riots.

I don't think there will be.  We might see some half assed attempts at 'caravans' like they tried in DC or a dozen show up here or there but we have competent people in charge now who will be prepared.

4 hours ago, romad1 said:

There might be riots because they really want riots and they have people who could cause them and they constantly talk about "crisis actors" and such. 

I do think Trump and his allies are, at best, unconcerned about causing riots.

Having said that, if the trend line leading up to 2022 looks less ideal now in terms of polling and other factors (ie. how money is being allocated to certain campaigns) for the GOP, imagine how much worse it would be with riots.

Many suburban voters weren't fans of riots when they happened in 2020, they weren't fans of the Jan 6 Riot, and I would imagine they would equally dislike widespread riots regarding Donald Trump's legal challenges.

22 hours ago, oblong said:

That is EXACTLY how the Red Hats spoke about the Riots/ Protesters when Trump was in office.